FFH ALC 1 - Faeryl Viconia

No movement left :( but even so i doubt the terrain is stellar, looks to be desert to me down there, and it could be a few tiles to the tasty flood plains

Played the round, but its class time so no details til later. played til T61, settler due in 5. over built warriors, quite crowded, popped the ruins for something fairly tasty and met the immediate neighbours. Will edit this this evening with pictures/ full write up.

At that point, even if all of the units were still alive and gathered together, we'd only have 3 Warriors and 2 Scouts. If a strength 16 Eidolon or a strength 14 Manticore pops out of the Lair the game will end abruptly.

That COULD happen but the rush of barbs COULD also get lucky and destroy your first city. Or they could slow you down big time. I think that seeing how unlikely popping a megadeath monster out of that lair is, I'd get rid of it.

This is a great idea. I'm totally in on this (haven't actually tried Faeryl yet)

I'm going to try something different. I'm grabbing animal husbandry for sure, but then I'm gonna go straight for Cartography, use the capital to churn out settlers, and get a production city (those forests look promising) to churn out recon units to protect a rapidly growing empire. We'll see how that turns out. Let's see what a newb like me can do, eh? lol

Spoiler :

Just didn't work out. Caged in on 3 sides by rivals, and the fourth side is desert - just can't expand like that! Also had an unexpected development: copious animals nearby, including multiple spiders, tigers, lions, bears, and gorillas. Holding onto these until a carnival could be built ran up the unit cost, which is pretty devastating at such an early stage. Perhaps horseback riding and raiding neighbors is in order?

sorry for the delay everyone, surprise coursework/exams came up (not really surprise i just forgot about them) hopefully ill update soon

Top Bottom