[FfH II Art Team Blog]

:goodjob: That's really impressive! The sword detail is seen in the 2D pic above and I can't wait to see it in action. Very Nice!

That's to separate the weak from the strong.

:p

small update 10.o8.o7
Toll!
So we have to try not to face him in the game!

By the way: Where I can find a tutorial or something like that to learn how to make animations out of Corel paint or Photoshop pics? Thank's for hints.

Toll!
So we have to try not to face him in the game!

By the way: Where I can find a tutorial or something like that to learn how to make animations out of Corel paint or Photoshop pics? Thank's for hints.

Well, there is one program integrated in Photoshop, its called Imageready, you can create stuff like you normally see on advertisement banners (like the one on the top of civfanatics page).
How it works is explained in the manual of Photoshop, or if you dont have it, google for imageready tutorials i suggest.

hope that helps

Are Buboes' horse feet really "ethereal" or is it just black on a black background ?

you shouldnt judge the horse from the wallpaper, after I made a screencapture from blender I removed the gray background and hurried in Photoshop to create something like a smokey misty atmosphere, which in the end covers up the entire lower part of the horse I fear, because I wanted it to look a bit more like having volume.
In game, however his horses feet are clearly visible as such :) I was considering to set them ablaze, but in a way, that would need 4 flame effects, which is performance wise bad and would involve a lot of nif viewer trial and error until i am happy with them. I just didnt want to spend the time on it.
So, I hope he is still impressive enough in game, even without fancy effects.

Really nice. Could you add some horns to the horse? Either only to its armour or some demon horns to its head. Would look even more creepy and evil.

Sezereth now that you have finished the Buboes model, what is your next unit model?

heya, i am a bit busy, but in general I will work on some simpler models for the warriors. like the bannor one and then some early malakim units.

small update 19.o8.o7

Ok, again i was very busy with life and such. So, here is my progress on the promised Bannor Warrior. the concept here was to make him look as organized and militarized as possible for almost stone age technology :] So, he wears a thick armor of leather over fur. He is the first in a series of some early units. I consider the texture and the model done (note: i adjusted the hair after taking the screenshot and consider no transparency working). Now he needs to be rigged, otherwise he will not animate. well it will take some time, but someone has to do it... and i will see when i have time to do so... Overall 700 triangles and one texture, still quiet good :]

ouah.

(no voice left)

Ok, just a quick blog,

here is the first draft on a basic Malakim, which will be equiped and modified to make the earlier unit.
Note, the concept is not approved yet, so the final malakim may look completely different :p

Just to let you know it is being worked and every bit helps

Here is the next step for the warrior, basic stuff for a mane and a lion skin are attached roughly painted, need to be worked out and detailed :) after that he will get another one or two smaller gimmicks and a eapon, and then, well rigging.

Top Bottom