[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Sezereth what about adding a list of all units which shows:
-what unit or hero has its definitive graphic model
-what unit or hero has to be redone
-what unit are you guys all working on at the moment

It could be interesting for us to know what units haven't got their definitive look and also to understand how much is left to do.It could be even useful for you artists (well i doubt about it ;) )

Sezereth what about adding a list of all units which shows:
-what unit or hero has its definitive graphic model
-what unit or hero has to be redone
-what unit are you guys all working on at the moment

It could be interesting for us to know what units haven't got their definitive look and also to understand how much is left to do.It could be even useful for you artists (well i doubt about it ;) )

yes, a list like that would be good. perhaps i find a quiet day and can make it. But well, most heros still need a rework, because they havent been touched yet :) We did some new ones for the first anniversary of FfH 1 (Hemah, Mary, Kythra , Valin) and then the obvious Meshabber and Buboes, but the rest still needs new ones, as far as i remember.
And On what we are working at the moment.. well the first 5 posts of this thread are thought to resemble that. And in most of the cases it does :)
I posted the last two progress shots of the Malakim warrior, exactly for that reason, to let you guys know what i am doing and how far i am with it.
the rest of the team doesnt find time to do stuff, so their posts resemble their progress too :)
(i know Roland is working on Angels, but its up to him to keep you informed).

Ill think about the list.
cheers.

Well, there is one program integrated in Photoshop, its called Imageready, you can create stuff like you normally see on advertisement banners (like the one on the top of civfanatics page).
How it works is explained in the manual of Photoshop, or if you dont have it, google for imageready tutorials i suggest.

hope that helps
Thank you for this advice. I'll try.

work in progress 26.o8.o7

I paused the work on malakim warrior and scout and created a younger and an older version of a Satyr, which you might be able to send out on recon missions when playing as the Kuriotates... and as it seems we found a way to create some centaurs without the need for new animations, so expect some of those too in the near future. leave me some comments

He doesn't disappoint SeZ. :thumbsup: Really super.

What sort of weapon is he getting? Crossbow, staff, pan flute?

Whoah! The satyr looks awesome. I hope to see that in the game. (Checking profile...) and he doesn't even do this for a living. Very nice.

VERY nice! Really looking forward to the centaurs, too. Probably I can't keep myself from playing Kuriotates for the first time one that stuff is in! :p

The new work on the kuriotates is just great. I really can't wait for the sprawling trait to be added back in for 0.24 so I can play them again :)

The new work on the kuriotates is just great. I really can't wait for the sprawling trait to be added back in for 0.24 so I can play them again :)

Oh guys, I think I have to disappoint you a little bit, the Satyrs will go in as FoL uniques, replacing the Elven Archer. But, Roland has a some stuff in progress, which might turn out really awesome and compensate for the Satyrs :)
But you can still look forward to centaurs.

Even better, I prefer playing the elves anyway! :D
But of course eventually I'll have to pick the centaurs too. I just love fantasy creatures. :)

You guys are doing an amazing job, but can`t we have new cannon graphics, it really jars watching a Napoleonic unit amid fantasy units. What would be great would be to have Race specific war engines, steam cannons for the Dwarves, bolt throwers for the Elves, huge mangonels for the Orcs etc.. And how about Fireships for the Lanun.. ships that catch fire have a percentage chance of spreading the fire to ships in the same/adjacent tiles. It would be a great way to lift an enemy blockade of several ships or to attack stacks (which can be huge after BtS!). I know you`ve got Arcane barges, but these would just cause localised fires, whereas flamethrowers with something like Greek Fire would spread flames more quickly.

You guys are doing an amazing job, but can`t we have new cannon graphics, it really jars watching a Napoleonic unit amid fantasy units. What would be great would be to have Race specific war engines, steam cannons for the Dwarves, bolt throwers for the Elves, huge mangonels for the Orcs etc.. And how about Fireships for the Lanun.. ships that catch fire have a percentage chance of spreading the fire to ships in the same/adjacent tiles. It would be a great way to lift an enemy blockade of several ships or to attack stacks (which can be huge after BtS!). I know you`ve got Arcane barges, but these would just cause localised fires, whereas flamethrowers with something like Greek Fire would spread flames more quickly.

good point, I already thought about replacing at least the dwarven cannon.
Shouldnt be a problem to get a decent placeholder for most of the cannoniers on a short term. Ballistas would be cool, but need new animations, which we are short on :)

Yeah it must be a labour of love doing animations for all the new units, but I never fail to be impressed with the stuff you come up with. Fingers crossed for the new cannon units, they would be a great addition and improve what is already an awesome mod. They are needed though I think. Would love to see ballistas too. Don`t know if its possible to implement but I`d like to see attack bonuses for `artillery` units (and maybe also archers) striking from higher ground, especially for something like ballistas. It would add a new strategic element to the game, with forts becoming more important as artillery bases.

Yeah it must be a labour of love doing animations for all the new units, but I never fail to be impressed with the stuff you come up with. Fingers crossed for the new cannon units, they would be a great addition and improve what is already an awesome mod. They are needed though I think. Would love to see ballistas too. Don`t know if its possible to implement but I`d like to see attack bonuses for `artillery` units (and maybe also archers) striking from higher ground, especially for something like ballistas. It would add a new strategic element to the game, with forts becoming more important as artillery bases.

well... animations is a time thing, we (I) just dont have enough time for dong all of the stuff, I have a lot of units on my "wanting to do" list and doing animations is just something, which doesnt fit in with the plan.

and about the attack bonus... you already got a hill defense bonus and when you attack from a hill, well then you move to lower ground to attack, which means you loose your bonus. more or less it is implemented.

can i plz get a picture of the new the drown and the stygian gaurd?

Here you go. The drown is to the left, the Stygian guard is to the right and the new water elemental is in the background. All three are from the Afterworld scenario.

The Water elemental is awesome, but I definately prefer the old version of the other two (especially the Stygian Guard, that was on of my favorite units before the change, in part because a change I made to the drown spell made them much stronger)

Top Bottom