[FfH II Art Team Blog]

The Water elemental is awesome, but I think I prefer the old version of the other two (especially the Stygian Guard)

I agree. The water elemental looks great. The old drowned looks MUCH better that to utilize this one. The Stygian Guard is acceptable to me.

The Drown and Stygian Guard definitely look scary. Maybe too scary.

I love animations of Drown and Stygian guard and model but I'd prefer if Down was blue skinned. I think it fits the drown better, at least as represented on the icon.

Water elemental will put all the other elementals to shame. :goodjob:

Drown unit makes sense to me. I think of the various colors as seaweed that was dragged along during the process of making the Drown.

Stygian guard just seems out of place among the other OO units though. Maybe it's the amount of red on it. Also it looks more beefed up than Eidolons do at this point so that doesn't make too much sense.

I agree that The Drown need not be blue. Why would it have to be blue?
And a lack of head on a demon is bad? Some of the best depictions of demons have thrown out all normal conventions when it comes to body mechanics and symmetry.
I like 'em!

Not sure about that elemental, though . . . (j/k :p)

I agree that the Drowned should be blue skinned, but only if it isn't much of a problem. The drowned are not full deamons, just people held underwater too long and exposed to dark majic, so it makes more sense if there skin is blue, or at least pale.

Also, how are you going to use the old styrgin guard model, it was one of the better ones.

Here you go. The drown is to the left, the Stygian guard is to the right and the new water elemental is in the background. All three are from the Afterworld scenario.

thx kael very muh appreciated.

and about the attack bonus... you already got a hill defense bonus and when you attack from a hill, well then you move to lower ground to attack, which means you loose your bonus. more or less it is implemented.

Yes, but the bonus for things like ballistas and archers should be on the attack, not on the defence. When a ranged unit attacks, it is the missiles and not the unit that attacks. What I would like to see is a range for missile units of more than one tile, although if the only way of doing this would be to create an "arrow-shaped fireball", this would probably makes things far too fiddly and complicated.

But anyway.. Missiles are so much more effective and powerful when deployed from a height, not so much in defence, but when launching attacks on enemies below. The same could be said for infantry or cavalry charges from the crest of a hill. Attacking from higher ground has probably been the most significant military tactic in the history of warfare. So it`s an important point I think, and something that detracts from the feeling of realism and realistic strategy in CIV IV and FFH (and probably all of the other mods). Just a small niggle really in the ultimate fabulosity of Civ.. :king:

(ps apologies for straying off topic, it`s an offshoot from an earlier post that was relevant.. honest..)

Yes, but the bonus for things like ballistas and archers should be on the attack, not on the defence. When a ranged unit attacks, it is the missiles and not the unit that attacks. What I would like to see is a range for missile units of more than one tile, although if the only way of doing this would be to create an "arrow-shaped fireball", this would probably makes things far too fiddly and complicated.

But anyway.. Missiles are so much more effective and powerful when deployed from a height, not so much in defence, but when launching attacks on enemies below. The same could be said for infantry or cavalry charges from the crest of a hill. Attacking from higher ground has probably been the most significant military tactic in the history of warfare. So it`s an important point I think, and something that detracts from the feeling of realism and realistic strategy in CIV IV and FFH (and probably all of the other mods). Just a small niggle really in the ultimate fabulosity of Civ.. :king:

(ps apologies for straying off topic, it`s an offshoot from an earlier post that was relevant.. honest..)

hmm, i think the defender can be seen as the one already chosen the best terrain, waiting for an attacker approaching from a worse terrain (like from a valley). Ranged attacks are implemented by first strikes, which should work on attack as well.

great stuff Ploe!

I wanna contribute too:

small update 13.o9.o7

I know, I know, has been a long time, but finally found some freetime again, Satyr is finished and works in game, another reason to test version 0.24 :]

Top Bottom