FFH Promo Video

Regarding the tinyurl thing, it's not difficult to do - just bung the url into snipurl or tinyurl or whatever and away you go...

love the video!
don't forget to put where you can download the mod so people know where to go!

Thanks for all the great feedback folks. This was essentially just a 'proof of concept' for me to see if this could even be recorded well and how it would look as a finished product. When I do the re-shoot/re-edit, I will actually have a plan in mind, so it should be great in the end.

As for language/typography, since I've got your attention kael et al, what all would you guys want it to say? I tried to stay true to the lore and stuff Kael posted on This Thread, but as for the figures like 'hundreds of new units' I pretty much guessed or pulled out of my arse. I know its rapidly changing, but does there exist such a document that summarizes with facts and figures how massive the mod actually is? I was scouring around for something with actual unit counts and spell promotions, and the like.

Im fine with your general numbers, most of them are changing all the time anyway. If you want specifics there are currently:

433 Units
181 Buildings
21 Civilizations
36 Leaders
232 Promotions
128 Spells
102 Techs

I have a hard time recommending text changes, you did a great job. Of course there is a lot of backstory and features we could add but I think you hit upon the perfect level of touching on why the player should play (which really doesnt have much to do with world flavor). Just what is needed to get someone excited enough to download the mod.

I would ask that you change the name to "Fall from Heaven II" but thats about it, its a really incredible job.

That is a really nice video !

It is nice for publicity :D !

We will maybe ask you for a new video, if you want, when we'll be more advanced in the mod ;)

Yeah, really nice video !

*Watches movie again*

I'd personally like to see a bit more Hell terrain, along with those large scale good versus evil battles that everyone's clamouring for.

*Watches movie again*

I'd personally like to see a bit more Hell terrain, along with those large scale good versus evil battles that everyone's clamouring for.

I dont know, remember its a teaser. And I think the way he did it, just glimpsing the world converted to hell was beautiful. Really makes the veiwer want to check it out.

:eek: First off, that movie is awesome in the sweetest way. :eek:

The only way I think it could be improved is to slow down the text a little. It is hard to read when you are paying attention to the action behind it
(also, including ring or pillar of flames might look cool)

:eek: First off, that movie is awesome in the sweetest way. :eek:

The only way I think it could be improved is to slow down the text a little. It is hard to read when you are paying attention to the action behind it
(also, including ring or pillar of flames might look cool)
That's a good point - I had trouble keeping up, too. Maybe cutting away to just a screen with the text would help. However, I did like the timing of the text to the action.

- Niilo

I dont know, remember its a teaser. And I think the way he did it, just glimpsing the world converted to hell was beautiful. Really makes the veiwer want to check it out.

Agreed, I'm not trying to make a documentary here, just spread awareness and maybe entice a few people to re-install civ 4 and download the mod!

**Update**

1) I got my hands on a much better rip of the song, so no more (or at least less) over-compressed swishy swarshy audio.

2) Cleaned up the AC animation, thanks to Kael for providing a better base image--but I don't know if I'll ever be 100% satisfied with that thing.

3) Sniffed out a new recording app that will allow to me to take some pretty exciting close up shots. I threw together (another) proof of concept to see how they would read post production--and I'm getting excited!

I made a short vid of my favorite hero, Bambur, doing some total ass-warhammering: LINK!
It goes without saying I'll be able to capture some much more dynamic visuals for the final vid.

I say Acheron looks a bit overexposed: Perhaps it'd be better if you have a quick cut of him breathing fire, killing a single unit (a hero, say) and leaving the rest out (dying, and the slaughtering of several units) - I know for sure it'd make me more interested in checking the 'dragons' feature out!

I agree with BCalchet as well. At first I thought it was skipping when I saw Acheron. Keep people teased with him. :)

Nice work! Is there any way to hide/remove more of the interface? Perhaps a console command or something? Also, is there any way to hide the row of icons for controlling unit viewing?

Alt-I gets rid of the interface.
Also remember that the number pad keys can be used to move units without the mouse.

- Niilo

Alt-I gets rid of the interface.
Also remember that the number pad keys can be used to move units without the mouse.

Yeah but I can't do anything cool like cast spells. None of those have hotkeys. :confused:

I'll probably shoot the whole thing in the new method I did the bambur test vid with. That had hardly any interface showing.

I love the "... And Dragons" part :lol:
Great job, Jupei! Good luck making the new version.

Top Bottom