FFH Scenes we'd like to see

I didn't get that one. Care to explain?

Sure thing Opera, to put it simply…

The platoon of killer clowns – KillerClowns

The Ethne looking woman – Cypher132 (She used to have Ethne as his/her avatar and now she has Faeryl’s boobs)

The man dressed as a Spartan – Keal

Kinda cheesy I know but I couldn’t help my self. Also...

You obviously never saw the ending for "Lord of the Balors"

Long live Basium and Hyborem love!

Hemah: Quick! Coffee or you'll die! I swear!
That is... actually possible.

Which makes it by far the funniest yet. There's a difference between randomness and irony.

New challenge, folks. Try to be in-character irony! (Or approaching in-character.)

Assassination? As in the premeditated killing of another for personal or economic gain? Surely master is joking with his humble, peace-loving servant. I exist only to serve and learn how to serve meatbags. - Alazkan the Assassin, shorly before killing his "master" with a poisoned meatbag.

Someone should give him a hammer or a new model. Basium appeared only as a floating club and hammer on my old computer and some lanun units did that too.

On second thought, ending the world isn't the answer to my problems. Perhaps I should forgive and live a normal life. - Os-Gabella

(It could happen, I'm thinking Falamar could cure her of her hatred. No, not that way. It would probably allow the One to return too.)

Sure thing Opera, to put it simply…

The platoon of killer clowns – KillerClowns

The Ethne looking woman – Cypher132 (She used to have Ethne as his/her avatar and now she has Faeryl’s boobs)

The man dressed as a Spartan – Keal

Kinda cheesy I know but I couldn’t help my self. Also...

Long live Basium and Hyborem love!

Wait, Cypher132 is a girl? Didn't see that one coming.

...you're not horsehockyting me?

Damn, that makes it even better, even closer to the original saying. Got to change it!

(BTW, I forget, does Basium have a unique weapon item like Hybie?)
Nope. Basium does not have any unique weapon that is dropped upon his death.

You didn't know?

She is. She sent me pictures when we had hot, steamy private chat.
Perhaps Cypher123 should get in here to end this discussion before we digress further?

This is what happens when idiots like me are allowed to roam free! :lol:

So…Um… Sorwy? :scared: Let's just pretend I never said that...

...you're not horsehockyting me?

Damn, that makes it even better, even closer to the original saying. Got to change it!

(BTW, I forget, does Basium have a unique weapon item like Hybie?)

TXT_KEY_LEADER_BASIUM_PEDIA said:
There is a word in the Angelic tongue for "love". Three, in fact. There are words for "mercy", for "compassion", for "tender kindness". The closest word to be used on this particular medium is carved upon his left forearm: "prudence." Like the word he just finished upon his chest, "justice", this is prayer in his native tongue written in blood and pain upon his now mortal flesh. "Holiness", across his cheeks. "Wrath", along his right forearm. "Judgment", his brow. "Courage", down his torso. Each a prayer to gods he turned his back on. Attributes of divine judgment he seeks to cultivate within his soul.

He was just finishing carving into the fingers of his right hand when two young men approached the lord, dwarfed by his stone-faced sergeants that led them. "What... what is he doing?"

"It is a prayer... with every pain, I beg for the strength to finish my task." He rose. He towered over even his own mammoth soldiers.

The other man gulped. "But aren't you... aren't you a god? To whom do you pray, m'lord?"

Basium turned to face his men. "Why do you disturb me?"

"I am Lars Lort, lord Basium. We wish to join your cause, me an' Kobe here. A horde of Infernal beasts destroyed our hometown, we were the only two survivors."

"Then take you a sword-we march on the morn."

"Well, sir, if we may," said Kobe, "we two are more than mere sell-swords. See, we've a bit of magic between us, that's how we survived the assault, by hiding invisible like. But we were watching and we learned something. Wait an' we'll show you." Without waiting for prompting, the two young mages began their spells. Basium took a long, slow breath, the rune on his left arm throbbing.

It was the Sulfuric smell that first alerted Basium. All his muscles tensed at its arrival before he was able to recognize the presence of his enemy. Curiously, the Balor stood motionless in the middle of camp. "Isn't it great?" Lars exclaimed gleefully. "We watched how the Infernals gated in reinforcements, but we figured out how to put the ward of command around it ourselves. With us around, you can fight fire with fire!"

Basium leapt upon the Hell-beast, wrapping his bare fingers around its neck. Smoke began immediately to hiss from the demon's skin, and in moments flames began to lick at Basium's fingers. On each of the fallen angel's fingers was carved one of the five angelic names for the Most Holy One. The Balor writhed in pain, breaking free of Lort's simple command warding in the process. He whipped at Basium with his tail, raked his back with his claws, bellowed with an unearthly roar, all to no avail-the Mercurian was unshakeable. Eventually the demon was reduced to an almost pitiful writhing and moaning until all that was left was a hellish smell and hissing puddles of black blood.

Basium rose, and stalked towards the two mages. "You call forth a Balor in my own camp? Let me show you what I do with fire-I extinguish it!" Basium roared. Lars felt his brother's warm blood splatter on his face before he even noticed that Basium had drawn his war hammer. He never noticed the second swing.

Basium walked back to his mat by the fire-pit. He picked up his ceremonial dagger, and began to trace the W on his arm.

A new model showing Basium with a War Hammer as well as a ceremonial dagger and holy runes cut into his flesh all over his body could be nice.

Note that Kael has stated that Basium does not just kill demons, as that would just send their souls back back to hell and allow them to recover and eventually regain a physical form as strong as their old one. They would be out of the game for years, maybe millennia, but not gone forever. Instead, Basium traps demonic souls somewhere where he can keep them imprisoned until the day The One returns to judge them.

I don't think it has been officially stated, but it is implied that Basium's War Hammer either is itself the prison where demons are kept or acts in much the same way as The Netherblade, sending demonic souls to another plane and binding them there so long as the weapon exists.

(Angels similarly return to their gods' vaults to recover, but demons typically don't think long term enough to bother trapping angelic souls.)

Basium does not start with any equipment, but I like to give him some. I typically call it Malleus Vindex, "The Avenging Hammer." It may add life affinity, holy damage, a bonus vs demons, and/or some more interesting abilities. In one version, I made it grant Warcry to everyone in its stack whenever it was used to kill a demon. What I really want to let it do (but am afraid the code does not seem to allow) is make it so that no unit killed with the Malleus Vindex can return as a Mane, or maybe skip that part of the python code overall so they cannot become manes, angels, demons from Mokka's Cauldron, or power for the Soul Forge. Come to think of it, The Netherblade should probably have the same effect. I may also try to rewrite the resurrection code so that units killed by one of these two weapons cannot be brought back (the only way I know how to do that requires adding a whole lot of feats to the game). I'm also thinking that I may make it so that if the Infernals capture Basium's hammer they'll have a special spell allowing them to destroy it, and in the process free all the demons Basium has killed since back in the Godswar, perhaps granting the Infernals about a hundred Balors and a thousand Manes.

Basium does not start with any equipment, but I like to give him some. I typically call it Malleus Vindex, "The Avenging Hammer." It may add life affinity, holy damage, a bonus vs demons, and/or some more interesting abilities. In one version, I made it grant Warcry to everyone in its stack whenever it was used to kill a demon. What I really want to let it do (but am afraid the code does not seem to allow) is make it so that no unit killed with the Malleus Vindex can return as a Mane, or maybe skip that part of the python code overall so they cannot become manes, angels, demons from Mokka's Cauldron, or power for the Soul Forge. Come to think of it, The Netherblade should probably have the same effect. I may also try to rewrite the resurrection code so that units killed by one of these two weapons cannot be brought back (the only way I know how to do that requires adding a whole lot of feats to the game). I'm also thinking that I may make it so that if the Infernals capture Basium's hammer they'll have a special spell allowing them to destroy it, and in the process free all the demons Basium has killed since back in the Godswar, perhaps granting the Infernals about a hundred Balors and a thousand Manes.

Sounds like a good time to cast Glory Everlasting

I think only the Basium unit can cast that worldspell, and it is unlikely that Basium would still be alive if the Infernals came into possession of the equipment which Basium wielded.

Edit: Oops, I confused the Glory Everlasting Ritual with the Divine Retribution spell, didn't I? I guess calling building the ritual casting it threw me off.

perhaps granting the Infernals about a hundred Balors and a thousand Manes.
Not too sure, but wouldnt that probably cause massive MAFs everywhere? ;) As flavorful as it is, Something tells me that sheer system capabilities trump lore here.

Ok, maybe that would be a bit much. There is no reason to think that every demon would come to Erebus at the exact same time. Being locked in a world of life might not be good for helping creatures of entropy recover anyway, so perhaps demons escaped from there would have to go to their own vaults first rather than flooding into Erebus all at once. Maybe it would be better to give the Infernals free demons each turn once the Malleus Vindex is broken.

Top Bottom