1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FFH TweakMod

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Rystic, May 10, 2009.

1. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

I think that patch is only cosmetic stuff. If you dump the Art folder into the TweakMod folder, it should be fine.
    Spoiler :
    maybe

The Perpentach thing and Elohim monk thing are out. The Perp thing doesn't address any issue, and there's no way to tell who the attacking unit was when a unit dies.

I'm actually planning a Summoner-Hero. It'll be similar to a Profane, but has Hero promotion, and whenever it (or a summon) kills a living target, the AC goes up by 1. The hero will be available at Theocracy. I'm planning on releasing the hero with the new Patriarch mechanics.

The hero's name is some Sheaim priest. I don't remember it offhand, but it was something like.. Abnoba?

2. cabbagemeister

cabbagemeister Please wait...

But Esus also gets +1 from religion; it just doesn't get the additional +1 from temple+Religion. So in vanilla FfH, Esus gets one less happy than other religions if you have a (relatively rare) resource, and 2 less happy if you have the resource and run a mediocre civic option. Given the effort it takes to get those extra happies, I don't think this lack is well-balanced by giving Esus happies from Markets and GHs, two common economic buildings that everyone always builds anyway. (Although I will admit that it induced me to build Taverns for pretty much the first time ever).

One other thing I ran into near the end of my Esus game was the fact that Esus Druids just aren't very good. They have no religious T3 spells and they don't get Medic 2 like druids upgraded from other religions do. I'd suggest letting nightwatches upgrade to Druids (to make sure you can get a druid with Esus) and giving the druids an Esus-only T3 religious spell--perhaps Summon Mistiform? Or grant Hidden to all units on the tile?

3. cabbagemeister

I was playing with .41a and it appeared to work fine, except for the .41a bugs being reported in the bug thread of course.

4. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

Although I think it'd be rare to run Esus+Religion, it does occur to me now that Esus+Consumption could produce +6 happiness (+2 market, +2 GH, +1 Tavern, +1 for being in city), against other religions giving +4 (+1 temple, +1 resource, +2 being in city). I want Esus to have an edge with happiness, considering what it doesn't have. But +2 over the others is too much. I may just roll it into +2 Happiness with Tavern, or drop the happiness from market altogether.

I'll look into this. I don't usually use druids, so I have to try a game with one.

Were cottages appearing correctly? Because I was having that problem recently...

5. cabbagemeister

Ummm...maybe? They may actually have been gone and I just never noticed, since I was just running an SE the whole game. I don't think I built a single cottage.

6. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

I've been having problems with cottages and it's driving me crazy. In the next update, I'm removing cottage graphics, until I fix them (I thought I did).

7. blade117

blade117 The Unburnt

Can you possibly make it so the 4 (5) horseman (Ars, Buobes (sp?), Stephanos, Yeresina, Avatar of Wrath) spawn under Infernal control if they are in the game?

8. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

Yea Kael fixed (??) this before he release patch a. He re re re release base version 41 (2 or 3 times) to keep latter patches from Ballooning in size. SO if you were one of the first (like me) to download then you will want to download it again and re-patch to a. See the bug thread for further info =)

9. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

thats a bit OP :eek:

10. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

I know, I only gave the Infernals the 4 horsemen.

11. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

That's way too big. At most, permanent peace with barbarians and the ability to raze barbarian cities.

12. blade117

blade117 The Unburnt

Calm down, it was only a suggestion.

13. cabbagemeister

Started a Doviello game, but it looks like the Feral tech isn't working right, as I can't build camps with it (tooltip says "requires hunting"). The tech also doesn't appear on the tech tree (should it?)

14. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

It's not on the tech tree on purpose. It's hidden like the 'Never' technology. However, when I converted to .41 a few things got messed up. I'll upload a fixed version tonight.

EDIT: Fix'd and updated. Apparently it was only giving this ability to slaves.

15. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

calm down? calm down?! CALM DOWN!!! how can I calm down when.... :joke: :D

16. cabbagemeister

Now I can build camps, but they don't give +2 food.

17. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

Ok, now I fixed that, too. Again, a few things got screwed up in the transfer to .41. I should've paid more attention...

If you don't want to re-download it, you can go to ImprovementInfos and replace this:

<TechYieldChanges>
    </TechYieldChanges>

with this:

<TechYieldChanges>
    <TechYieldChange>
    <PrereqTech>TECH_FERAL</PrereqTech>
    <TechYields>
    <iYield>2</iYield>
    <iYield>0</iYield>
    <iYield>-1</iYield>
    </TechYields>
    </TechYieldChange>
    </TechYieldChanges>

18. cabbagemeister

Thanks, will try it again tonight.

19. cabbagemeister

Camps made with the Feral tech don't give the resources (only the tile yields). Is this intended?

20. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

Yes, THAT'S intended :)