• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 0.20 Balance Feedback

Kael

Deity
Mercurians to powerful? Minotaur's able to fight wars by themselves? Nyxkin's to fluffy? Use this thread to discuss any balance issues in 0.20.

Playing luchirup right now, about 200 year. Acheron spawned and then he started fireballing. Anyway, in what will be know in history as The Great Fire, half of the continent burned, with fires even surrounding Luchirup capitol. Luckily they cant do any real harm, so what is left is nice colonizable area on south. And forests were unusually dense, helping fire spread, so I wouldn't call it unbalancing...yet. Give me couple more games. But if fires would do some real damage then it is definitely too much. Second, armagedon is at 25, year 200. Is that normal? If it continues I will fight heroes with macemans---not good. And I suppose that if it hits 60 (blight) it is too much already.

Could just be my personal taste but I really feel like Hyborem comes out too early. I think maybe Ashen Veil should take longer to found and the founder should get a much better diplo bonus with Hyborem? It's very easy to rush Ashen Veil, and with Hyborem comming out early in the game so far in two out of the 4 games I have played Hyborem himself wiped me out shortly after I founded Ashen Veil, one game he was almost inactive and the Khazad marched stack after stack on a long journey passed many of his cities to eventually annihilate me, and in the current one I am playing the Infernals have already completely annihilated the two strongest good civilizations at turn 302 and Sabathiel doesn't seem to be at all inclined to start construction on the Mercurian gate despite Hyborem pretty much ruling half the pangea and consistently annihilating any forces he comes into contact with.

I also have a quick question, is Hyborem permanently allied with barbarians or are the horsemen actually hostile towards him?

Hyborem is allied with the barbs, but their is a warscript problem which is causing the barbs to break the alliance that will be fixed in patch a.

The new victory condition seems a tad easy to achieve with a heavy great people build - With mass farms at +4(Agriculture and Sanitation) on a fertile city spot and running full happy from culture (100% for +10, theatre for another +10), I had a city pumping out almost 200 priest GPP per turn without the philosophical trait. Not only did I quickly get the prophets needed for the next-to-last wonder, but all the priests with the huge +2 hammers and additional attached prophets allowed the city to build the final stage easily.

I'd recommend (if possible) changing Religious Discipline to "+5 priests allowed per city" or somesuch, since having dozens of them is what makes it so easy.

The new victory condition seems a tad easy to achieve with a heavy great people build - With mass farms at +4(Agriculture and Sanitation) on a fertile city spot and running full happy from culture (100% for +10, theatre for another +10), I had a city pumping out almost 200 priest GPP per turn without the philosophical trait. Not only did I quickly get the prophets needed for the next-to-last wonder, but all the priests with the huge +2 hammers and additional attached prophets allowed the city to build the final stage easily.

I'd recommend (if possible) changing Religious Discipline to "+5 priests allowed per city" or somesuch, since having dozens of them is what makes it so easy.

I just (1 min. ago) finished my first game -- and I won using the Altar victory as well. I was playing as Frodo (ok ok, Cardith Lorda), and bee-lined for Way of the Forests because I just wanted to build an empire that would defend itsself while I watched the events unfold. Game ended in year 450 or something, and the Apoc counter reached 19 or something. All the evil civs in the game had converted to good religeons early on - therefore leaving no evil civ in the game. I found that my 3 cities produced nearly 100% prophet (one city had like 1% something else), and even though I didn't really know how to go about the Altar victory - I just put everything on GPP + Phil. .. the final altar took about 35 turns to build with my Sprawling city having a population of over 30.

I would think that only the first 3 Altars should be buildable using the Prophets, but maybe in a game where half of the civs actually remained evil - this would be more difficult.

I thought of a cool idea while whipping the calabims butt.

Since the calabim opress thier people according to FFH lore, wouldnt it make sense when you capture a calabims city to have less or no resistance, especially if your a neutral or good civ?

Just a thought. Would be nice if it could be implemented. :D

personally id like +1 food and +1 health per farm.. effectively the same as current in a lot of situations, but less use in the GP farming

Hmm... my GP farms wouldn't be affected much by that, since I usually run them with something like 20 food lost to unhealth....

Hmm... my GP farms wouldn't be affected much by that, since I usually run them with something like 20 food lost to unhealth....

well, originally the idea i liked was just +1 health per farm, but the +2 food / -1 production mechanic is pretty neat

If great prophets = victory the Religious Discipline civic is probably going to need changing.

I'd prefer to be able to use hammers or prophets, myself. That way, the later ones might require multiple prophets to build, or a combination of a prophet and the leftover hammers.

You could probably use the engineer mechanics to allow prophets to boost them - so long as you can make it specific to the altars - then they'd maybe finish the first couple and part-finish the others. The only problem is that you'd potentially only need 1 prophet and a lot of hammers to do it then.

Would it be possible to have Hyborem only respawn on his turn or something?

I've got a beef with Hyborem, I've destroyed his empire except for Dis. Sadly, he is sitting in Dis and there is no way for me to kill him, since he instantly respawns. I'm guessing that I have to lure him out of the city and take the city while he's out strolling, wich is a piece of cake since I have an Archmage with maelstrom right there. Which brings me to my second point.

Should maelstrom be able to wipe out entire armies in 2 turns? Not just entire armies, but multiple entire armies. (3 good sized stacks wiped out in 2 turns). It seems a little much.

Would it be possible to have Hyborem only respawn on his turn or something?

I've got a beef with Hyborem, I've destroyed his empire except for Dis. Sadly, he is sitting in Dis and there is no way for me to kill him, since he instantly respawns. I'm guessing that I have to lure him out of the city and take the city while he's out strolling, wich is a piece of cake since I have an Archmage with maelstrom right there. Which brings me to my second point.

Should maelstrom be able to wipe out entire armies in 2 turns? Not just entire armies, but multiple entire armies. (3 good sized stacks wiped out in 2 turns). It seems a little much.

Hyborem should only have the Immortal promotion once. He doesn't regain it. You have to kill him twice, but thats it.

Maelstrom may need to be tuned down.

Hyborem should only have the Immortal promotion once. He doesn't regain it. You have to kill him twice, but thats it.

In my game he is regaining it every time he dies. I've killed him half a dozen times easy. (note, this was before patch a, so it may not still happen.)

Incidently, does the patch break save games?

Attached save game with the imortal Hyborem

Attachments

• Puck AD-0393.Civ4SavedGame
    439.9 KB · Views: 60
In my game he is regaining it every time he dies. I've killed him half a dozen times easy. (note, this was before patch a, so it may not still happen.)

Incidently, does the patch break save games?

Attached save game with the imortal Hyborem

No the patch doesn't break save gams. You are right about Hyborem, I'll get that fixed.

Top Bottom