FfH2 0.21 Bug Thread

:lol: Though this is an awesome bug to have in a game, why is it that I'm actually getting money from number of cities maintenance? (notice there is a negative sign)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 217
:lol: Though this is an awesome bug to have in a game, why is it that I'm actually getting money from number of cities maintenance? (notice there is a negative sign)
that could be from markets,gambling houses and thier ilk?
or actually- it's probably guardsmen having an unintended effect

@much2much, that is what I assumed at first, but it seemed like I waited quite a while and still no promos. I saw a couple golems who had lots of promotions (as I said, I modified the code to let him share his other promos, but I did it the same way as the others so it shouldn't matter) while all others had none. I'm not sure if the ones with or without the promos were the older ones. There might have been a problem with losing promos and/or with gaining them. Early in the game it did take a turn for the promotions to be applied, but later on (after I had rebuilt him twice, and gotten back most of his promos both times)

@emrysme, I believe that the unit limits apply only to units you build/upgrade (and possibly those gifted to you). You can capture an unlimited amount of units, either with inquisitors or the Domination spell. However, I think that the captured ones would have counted towards your limit and prevented you from building more if they had been captured first. This is intended, I believe.

Its not a bug, your just reading it wrong. Your expenses are on the right, thats how much your paying. For your number of cities your actually getting +5g. ;)

Its not a bug, your just reading it wrong. Your expenses are on the right, thats how much your paying. For your number of cities your actually getting +5g. ;)

The +5g is what I'm referring to.

I think you might be on to something eerr because although there was no Bannor in my game, I did recently capture a city with the Tower of Complacency (-50% city maintenance). After that city came out of revolt though (along with several other very large cities), I had to pay maintanence for number of cities again.

Well considered this in testing. Tonight (hopefully) I'm continuing a multiplayer game where I got Barnaxus killed and have rebuilt him. I will test this. I am using no cheats or the like which should give it legitimacy if I find the same thing you did. If not I think you should bury this seeing how you have fiddled.

I would think that is why the promotions are initially given after a turn: every turn each it recalculates what Empower the golems have access to.

@much2much, that is what I assumed at first, but it seemed like I waited quite a while and still no promos. I saw a couple golems who had lots of promotions (as I said, I modified the code to let him share his other promos, but I did it the same way as the others so it shouldn't matter) while all others had none. I'm not sure if the ones with or without the promos were the older ones. There might have been a problem with losing promos and/or with gaining them. Early in the game it did take a turn for the promotions to be applied, but later on (after I had rebuilt him twice, and gotten back most of his promos both times)

Some things:

1- When you conquer a city, the number of citizens lost during the conquest is counted towards the AC, is this wanted ?
2- When you conquer an AV city, the counter is increased as if AV spread to a new city. This is a known bug, however I just wanted to stress the fact that this point, plus point 1, plus razing a city potentially contributing much to the AC makes the AC growth almost unstoppable if there isn't Elhoim in the game pumping out AC reduction projects. Paradox: trying to lower the counter by conquering AV cities results in the AC ultimately growing even more.
3- This has been reported already, however I witnessed it yesterday and couldn't find any special pattern towards its cause: sometimes Hyborem dies when attacking a city even if he actually won the battle (the opponent unit died & all).
4- Hyborem has a one-time only immortality promotion. If he dies once, he looses it. Is this working as intended ?

Some things:

1- When you conquer a city, the number of citizens lost during the conquest is counted towards the AC, is this wanted ?
2- When you conquer an AV city, the counter is increased as if AV spread to a new city. This is a known bug, however I just wanted to stress the fact that this point, plus point 1, plus razing a city potentially contributing much to the AC makes the AC growth almost unstoppable if there isn't Elhoim in the game pumping out AC reduction projects. Paradox: trying to lower the counter by conquering AV cities results in the AC ultimately growing even more.
3- This has been reported already, however I witnessed it yesterday and couldn't find any special pattern towards its cause: sometimes Hyborem dies when attacking a city even if he actually won the battle (the opponent unit died & all).
4- Hyborem has a one-time only immortality promotion. If he dies once, he looses it. Is this working as intended ?

I see the counter decrease when I raze AV cities. Especially the capital. Then I send my high priest of the order to restore the city! Yaay no settler needed.

Oh- probably not a bug, but shouldn't a city restored by a high priest of the Order start with the Order?

Also, I had Hyborem sneak out of nowhere and attack my brand new Sphener (only had him built about 10 turns). He killed Sphener who resurrected in my capital, but Hyborem died also even though he had like 80 hp left according to the combat log. So just another example of that bug.

In another game, Hyborem left his city to attack some of my troops and I conquered his city the next turn before attacking him. He disappeared without reducing the counter. Even though I never play require complete kills, Hyborem should be an exception being the devil after all :)

I see the counter decrease when I raze AV cities.

Yeah, but it increased the moment before, when you took the city (you have to take a city before you can raze it).

Yeah, but it increased the moment before, when you took the city (you have to take a city before you can raze it).

That- I have to confess I don't watch that close. I look before the attack, it's 27, then after I raze it's down to 26. Did it go up to 28? I don't know...

Actually in my current game it was up to 29 at one point, I converted to the Order, destroyed Hyborem and razed his city, then razed my way through Calabim lands (most of his cities had AV). I managed to get the counter down to 12. Then I sent my High priest through restoring cities from the ruins. I don't know if that reduces the counter the way sanctify would?

Also, in the meantime Shelba declared war on me after I built Sphener. When he conquers a city, even if it has AV, it changes to order and I get a crusader I can use as a built in defender. Does that affect the counter? I don't know.

It seems that guardian vines are eligible for stoneskin from the stoneskin spell, however it's not possible to cast stoneskin when it is only the guardian vines without the stoneskin promotion. In other words, I can only get a guardian vine stoneskin by placing another living unit without stoneskin on the same tile as the guardian vine and then casting stoneskin. The bug is either that the guardian vine is recieving stoneskin or that stoneskin cannot be casted only on the guardian vine.

All sorcery body mana spells (like regeneration) work only on living creatures... not sure if guardian vine qualifies.

Apparently, they (guardian vines) semi-qualify as living, which seems sensible as natural living vines wouldn't be of much use as guards unless it was against other plants, or natural glass (which turns out to be a very (Very) slow (viscous (not vicious) ) fluid).

It seems that guardian vines are eligible for stoneskin from the stoneskin spell, however it's not possible to cast stoneskin when it is only the guardian vines without the stoneskin promotion. In other words, I can only get a guardian vine stoneskin by placing another living unit without stoneskin on the same tile as the guardian vine and then casting stoneskin. The bug is either that the guardian vine is recieving stoneskin or that stoneskin cannot be casted only on the guardian vine.

I'll fix it, for some reason you cant cast stoneskin on a unit that has 0 movement.

Hi, just repeating my ealier post (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5435480&postcount=1015) If you want my game file please let me know or I'm going to start a new game. My game had a CTD really late in the game with the latest version F. Everything ran smooth up to that point with no problems. I can be e-mailed also at algonacyNOSPAM@hotmail.com

Sorry. I've rewritten so much stuff for 0.22 that Im not really interested in 0.21 ctd's anymore. That said I just spent the past few days fixing CTD's in 0.22 that may have existed in earlier versions (though I have saves of them on 0.22).

OK, good enough. Thanks Kael. As I said before - LOVE THE MOD! Keep it up please (all of you).

becareful, that was probably to stop hasted guardian vines...
heh...

AH HA! I was wondering why in the world that was there. I bet your right. I copied the haste code for stoneskin and that got brought over with it.

Top Bottom