FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Weird thing with Losha Vallas, Calabim heroine:
My enemy owned her, with a lot of xp already. I killed her once and she respawned in his capital. Great. Some time later he became my vassal and again later he built Hemah - and in the same turn there was a message "Barbarian has created Losha Vallas" (which shouldn't be possible, as she's the Calabim hero!).
Next turn this barbarian heroine attacked a paladin of mine (with quite some promotions already) and killed him. She then was dispatched by a close by ally.

Playing v0.25c as the malakim:
1) If you enter the foreign advisor screen and click on one of the leaders portraits, it automatically links you to one of the first spells in the civilopedia section 'spells and abilities'.

2)the various signs for unhealthiness, connected to trade network, defense tower, etc. aren't shown above of the city name, but the religious signs do so.

2 things:

1: when i built the mercurian gate and chose to switch civs to play as Bassium the game when into a 'loop hole' or something, i could play fine but it sat there "waiting for other civilizations" for ages, more than 10 minutes.

2: this has already been mentioned but the liches tomb thing and the liche killed off perpantach who started a few squares from the tomb. the lich is just too powerful. need to limit the wraith's range to within a few squares of the tomb. also i could hear all the spell sound effects cast by the lich at the start of every turn (playing as Elhoim i could see the tomb from turn 1) this got very annoying, especially the summon earth elementals. i ended up muting the game ;)

It's a Civ patch error. See here, someone fixed it.

Just a question.. Is this unofficial patch compatible with FFH2? as I see there it seems to modify some files for vanilla civ4, if not is kael planning on incorporating some of the chnages there that could fix some issues with FFH2.. thanks. :)

Ran into the cannot switch religion thing again in a second game while playing as Tebryn. Doesn't matter what I do, it says Cannot convert to xxx.

So far I think the only similarity between the two games I've run into this is I've adopted god king before having a religion and random personalities are on. Didn't have an issue with that before, but I'm thinking its related to one or the other (or could just be random for all I know).

Just a question.. Is this unofficial patch compatible with FFH2? as I see there it seems to modify some files for vanilla civ4, if not is kael planning on incorporating some of the chnages there that could fix some issues with FFH2.. thanks.
Well, I was just pointing that out so Kael wouldn't have to search for a fix. You can try using both, just make a back-up of your dll file that it replaces in case of problems.

I don't think the Barbarian trait is working properly. While using the clan, my Orcish warrior was just attacked and killed by a giant spider.

I know it's been said before but if you research Infernal Pact and switch over to Hyborem(sp?) the game gets "stuck in a loop". I'm using FFH 0.25 patch "A".

What essentially happens is that the "waiting for civilizations" message appears and the game just stays that way.

Here's a save game to see what I mean.

Attachments

• Balrog AD-0280.CivBeyondSwordSave
    448.7 KB · Views: 52
* Advanced start lets you place cottages/plantations/etc in forests.
* Manticores seem to be arriving through the Planar Gates a tad early, either through the Mage's Guild or Carnival, as those were the only two "spawning" buildings in the city.
* On a Renaissance start, I was given two Baron Duin Halfmorns in my starting troops.
* The icon for Large Animal Stables seems to be missing.
* Since there's no Prophet unit in the game any more, Bane Divine just kills every disciple unit around. If it's intended, you may wish to update the ritual's entries.

2 things:

1: when i built the mercurian gate and chose to switch civs to play as Bassium the game when into a 'loop hole' or something, i could play fine but it sat there "waiting for other civilizations" for ages, more than 10 minutes.

2: this has already been mentioned but the liches tomb thing and the liche killed off perpantach who started a few squares from the tomb. the lich is just too powerful. need to limit the wraith's range to within a few squares of the tomb. also i could hear all the spell sound effects cast by the lich at the start of every turn (playing as Elhoim i could see the tomb from turn 1) this got very annoying, especially the summon earth elementals. i ended up muting the game ;)

On a Renaissance advanced start, with unrestricted leaders, you are given the option of switching to hyborem. If you do, you are taken to the advanced start screen of hyborem. You start with all of the units that hyborem normally spawns with, and have -1 gold remaining, so can only click Begin.

When you do, the game sat there "waiting for other civilizations" for a long time. I quit waiting after about 15 min. and quit the game.

On turn 39 I was tasked with building some chariots for my army.
I didn't even have animal husbandry yet.
also, it warned me that if i reach the classical age before completing i would fail the quest. since chariots are a later unit in FfH this event should be later, or redesigned asking for a different unit to be built.

Ran into the cannot switch religion thing again in a second game while playing as Tebryn. Doesn't matter what I do, it says Cannot convert to xxx.

So far I think the only similarity between the two games I've run into this is I've adopted god king before having a religion and random personalities are on. Didn't have an issue with that before, but I'm thinking its related to one or the other (or could just be random for all I know).

Probably not the issue, but just to rule it out: Does random personalities change leader traits? And if so, were you Agnostic? That would cause you to not be able to choose a religion.

And:

On turn 39 I was tasked with building some chariots for my army.
I didn't even have animal husbandry yet.
also, it warned me that if i reach the classical age before completing i would fail the quest. since chariots are a later unit in FfH this event should be later, or redesigned asking for a different unit to be built.

I've had the same thing happen, but I think the "before you reach XXX age" thing is a holdover from vanilla. Strictly speaking, there really aren't distinct "ages" in FFH like there are in vanilla. I completed the quest at a -much- later turn, and got the reward (which was actually a bit disappointing for the effort made, but that's another issue)

With patch "C", my Baron Duin Halfmorn isn't converting werewolves any more. When I had him in patch "A", the werewolves were coming up. I've had a war with the Balseraphs, who had undead, but kept the Baron for attacks on living humans.

2) Here's a fun bug: clicking on any leader in the foreign advisor dialog (to see what other leaders think of this leader) opens the civopedia at a spell page; it seems to be at an early index in the spells--I got "Add to City" when I clicked myself, and "Bloom", "Bless", and "Become Patriarch" when I clicked the three other leaders. When you close the civopedia the correct leader is selected.

Seems this bug was ignored so I'm bumping it back up again.

With patch "C", my Baron Duin Halfmorn isn't converting werewolves any more. When I had him in patch "A", the werewolves were coming up. I've had a war with the Balseraphs, who had undead, but kept the Baron for attacks on living humans.

See the notes for the unreleased patch D :)

Probably not the issue, but just to rule it out: Does random personalities change leader traits? And if so, were you Agnostic? That would cause you to not be able to choose a religion.

It doesn't change traits, it just seems to change default alignment for FFH. Definitely wasn't agnostic, had the correct traits both games this occurred. Starting a new game now without random to see if it occurs again.

Top Bottom