1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 4, 2007.

1. JDexter

JDexter Prince

Weird thing with Losha Vallas, Calabim heroine:
    My enemy owned her, with a lot of xp already. I killed her once and she respawned in his capital. Great. Some time later he became my vassal and again later he built Hemah - and in the same turn there was a message "Barbarian has created Losha Vallas" (which shouldn't be possible, as she's the Calabim hero!).
    Next turn this barbarian heroine attacked a paladin of mine (with quite some promotions already) and killed him. She then was dispatched by a close by ally.

2. Black Whole

Black Whole Dancing Condor

Playing v0.25c as the malakim:
    1) If you enter the foreign advisor screen and click on one of the leaders portraits, it automatically links you to one of the first spells in the civilopedia section 'spells and abilities'.

2)the various signs for unhealthiness, connected to trade network, defense tower, etc. aren't shown above of the city name, but the religious signs do so.

3. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

2 things:

1: when i built the mercurian gate and chose to switch civs to play as Bassium the game when into a 'loop hole' or something, i could play fine but it sat there "waiting for other civilizations" for ages, more than 10 minutes.

2: this has already been mentioned but the liches tomb thing and the liche killed off perpantach who started a few squares from the tomb. the lich is just too powerful. need to limit the wraith's range to within a few squares of the tomb. also i could hear all the spell sound effects cast by the lich at the start of every turn (playing as Elhoim i could see the tomb from turn 1) this got very annoying, especially the summon earth elementals. i ended up muting the game ;)

4. impe20

impe20 Chieftain

Just a question.. Is this unofficial patch compatible with FFH2? as I see there it seems to modify some files for vanilla civ4, if not is kael planning on incorporating some of the chnages there that could fix some issues with FFH2.. thanks. :)

5. darkpaw

darkpaw Chieftain

Ran into the cannot switch religion thing again in a second game while playing as Tebryn. Doesn't matter what I do, it says Cannot convert to xxx.

So far I think the only similarity between the two games I've run into this is I've adopted god king before having a religion and random personalities are on. Didn't have an issue with that before, but I'm thinking its related to one or the other (or could just be random for all I know).

6. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Well, I was just pointing that out so Kael wouldn't have to search for a fix. You can try using both, just make a back-up of your dll file that it replaces in case of problems.

7. Nicholzation

Nicholzation Chieftain

I don't think the Barbarian trait is working properly. While using the clan, my Orcish warrior was just attacked and killed by a giant spider.

8. GeeJo

GeeJo Flibbertigibbet

Animals don't care who you're friends with. Barbarian trait now only protects you from the orcs and the daemons.

9. Red Mundus

Red Mundus Chieftain

I know it's been said before but if you research Infernal Pact and switch over to Hyborem(sp?) the game gets "stuck in a loop". I'm using FFH 0.25 patch "A".

What essentially happens is that the "waiting for civilizations" message appears and the game just stays that way.

Here's a save game to see what I mean.

Attached Files:

10. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

i had the same issue when i switched to Bassium :confused:

11. GeeJo

GeeJo Flibbertigibbet

* Advanced start lets you place cottages/plantations/etc in forests.
    * Manticores seem to be arriving through the Planar Gates a tad early, either through the Mage's Guild or Carnival, as those were the only two "spawning" buildings in the city.
    * On a Renaissance start, I was given two Baron Duin Halfmorns in my starting troops.
    * The icon for Large Animal Stables seems to be missing.
    * Since there's no Prophet unit in the game any more, Bane Divine just kills every disciple unit around. If it's intended, you may wish to update the ritual's entries.

12. Zifnab

Zifnab Warlord

On a Renaissance advanced start, with unrestricted leaders, you are given the option of switching to hyborem. If you do, you are taken to the advanced start screen of hyborem. You start with all of the units that hyborem normally spawns with, and have -1 gold remaining, so can only click Begin.

When you do, the game sat there "waiting for other civilizations" for a long time. I quit waiting after about 15 min. and quit the game.

13. AlazkanAssassin

AlazkanAssassin Engineer

On turn 39 I was tasked with building some chariots for my army.
    I didn't even have animal husbandry yet.
    also, it warned me that if i reach the classical age before completing i would fail the quest. since chariots are a later unit in FfH this event should be later, or redesigned asking for a different unit to be built.

14. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

to play Basium or Hyborem without the hangup for now, just say No to the Popup and then go to worldbuilder and save as a scenario, then go to the mainmenu and load up the scenario, then pick the civ you want to be.

15. JanusTalaiini

JanusTalaiini Prince

Probably not the issue, but just to rule it out: Does random personalities change leader traits? And if so, were you Agnostic? That would cause you to not be able to choose a religion.

And:

I've had the same thing happen, but I think the "before you reach XXX age" thing is a holdover from vanilla. Strictly speaking, there really aren't distinct "ages" in FFH like there are in vanilla. I completed the quest at a -much- later turn, and got the reward (which was actually a bit disappointing for the effort made, but that's another issue)

16. Dinkeldog

Dinkeldog Chieftain

With patch "C", my Baron Duin Halfmorn isn't converting werewolves any more. When I had him in patch "A", the werewolves were coming up. I've had a war with the Balseraphs, who had undead, but kept the Baron for attacks on living humans.

17. Gamestation

Gamestation Introducing Servo

Seems this bug was ignored so I'm bumping it back up again.

18. GeeJo

GeeJo Flibbertigibbet

See the notes for the unreleased patch D :)

19. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

python error when casting Call Holy War with Profane of AV.

20. darkpaw

darkpaw Chieftain

It doesn't change traits, it just seems to change default alignment for FFH. Definitely wasn't agnostic, had the correct traits both games this occurred. Starting a new game now without random to see if it occurs again.