FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

faeryl needs some traits (phi/rai would be nice heh), shes got none and can't build elven workers

2. Zeviz

Zeviz Prince

I've had a maceman withdraw when attacked (and defeated) in enemy territory. (He withdrew to a recently captured city which he left the previous turn, if it makes a difference.)

Is there a direct way to check effects of treetop defense? Are first strikes reflected in combat log?

3. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

not sure

4. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Sorry, but cost of what?

5. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

to Drown units its a spell that costs gold heh

6. impe20

impe20 Chieftain

Ei just want to report some bugs. I know some of this are already reported. :p

My game specs are:

calabim, standard, normal, flauros, Wildlands, Labruscum, Living World, last days, FFH2 2025 patch c.

1)I cannot seem to destroy the burrow with my scout, is this intentional because as I remember on my previous game I could destroy them with scout. By the way Iam using the flavored smartmaps, is that compatible with 2025c?

2)I also noticed that on my previous game on huge and I have 29 AIs the ancient tower was not extending the vision but on this game it is.

3)The barbs are friendsly with me even though I dont have the barb trait. Maybe thats the reason why I cannot destroy the burrow.

As of now those are the bugs I found. I will try to continue playing again later, as of now I need some sleep(sigh).

BTW: Attached is my savegame and screenshots. Also great job guys I really am enjoying this even with those bugs. :)

Also I have just seen the patch d I will try to install it first and just start a new game. :)

And also can anyone confirm if the flavored ffh smartmap map scripts will work with this version of ffh? thanks

Attached Files:

7. wicshade

wicshade crazy, militant farmer

Playing .25 version d with mod pack

ive had a few CTD since .25 but this is the only one i could produce 2xs

fortify active unit and then go to next turn and you will ctd.

i think it might be related to my government/anarachy i am changing civics, that might help you narrow it.

no it has nothing to do with civics change, i played again and it did not ctd, ill save my auto saves and if you need them to help, then i can upload them.

Attached Files:

8. loki1232

loki1232 Loki

There doesn't seem to be a counter telling me how long my golden age has left.

9. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

AC got to 100, I razed one more city and got CTD.

10. Kael

Kael Deity

Patch "e" is linked in the first post. It will break save games and fixes the following issues:

1. Doviello can build Forges.
    2. Removed the Elite Swords event.
    3. The Lanun can now gather pearls (fixed permanently this time).
    4. Cost is displayed on spell tooltips.
    5. City icons are fixed.
    6. Fixed the foreign advisor (WIDGET_LEADERHEAD) taking you to pedia spells.
    7. Added a new debug game option to disable damage types.

11. FoulFoot

FoulFoot Chieftain

Ancient Towers are indeed a little screwy. They didn't work at all in two instances -- both towers were in the forest, and both were adjacent to a giant spider. Once the spiders were eliminated, the towers gave additional visibility in a limited direction only (tough to explain without a screenshot).

A tower in open terrain gave extended visibility, but the visibility was blocked by hills and mountains (it used to be that towers' view was unblockable). Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Foul

12. FoulFoot

FoulFoot Chieftain

I should also mention how completely amazed I am at how rapid the bugfixes are getting rolled out. Unbelievable support on an already unbelievable mod! Kudos.

Foul

13. Kael

Kael Deity

Ancient towers actually work correctly. Its just that their increased line of site is blocked by obstructions such as forests, jungles and hills which sometimes makes it look liek they aren't doing anything.

14. Polycrates

Polycrates Emperor

Patch c/e:

Labruscum (by the way, I LOVE this option - probably the very best thing about the new version) on Hemispheres map only puts barb cities on one continent.

Perpentach's insanity has given me Magic Resistant (there aren't any leaders with this trait any more, so I'm not sure if it's supposed to still be in there), and Protective (ie the normal civ4 trait with the archer bonus).
    Also, I've played quite a few games with Perpentach (on the double event mode), and his traits have been changing all over the place in the first hundred turns but I haven't once seen them change after turn 100.

Founding Octopus doesn't give a zealot.

With Labruscum, Raging Barbs and the double animal option, there's barely any animals spawning at all. Don't know if it's that they won't spawn in sight of a barb city as well, or what.

Not a bug per se, but BtS gives a lot more very-heavily-forested starting spots, which can massively stunt a civ in ffh.

15. Pelaka

Pelaka Chieftain

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature... I can build improvements in burning forests. Basically, if I start an improvement on a burnt forest that upgrades to a new forest before the improvement is finished I get both, and a few turns later the new forest will grow into a normal forest.

Also, in most games the dragon just disappears after awhile. Is the barb civ forced to disband him due to strikes caused by forest fires?

Pel

16. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I'm playing with patch a (didn't want to break a saved game I'm currently in) but didn't see these mentioned in any of the subsequent patches. Also didn't see them mentioned in the changelog for version 0.25, so I'm guessing they're bugs rather than features:

1. The Veil and the Order can coexist in the same city. Maybe this is intended, but I don't recall seeing it in the version 0.25 changelog.

2. One of my cities is experiencing the effects of both Mokka's Cauldron and the Soul Forge, even though I've built neither of them in that city or any other city. I did build the first two Altars of the Luonnotar in that city, but other than that I don't think there's anything unusual about that particular city.

17. Enthralled

Enthralled Chieftain

I have had the same thing happen. I have attached a SS of it in action.

The event log shows my attack against a hill giant, followed by the counter attack on my stack by a skeleton.

This screen shot also shows another odd thing. The spider should have taken on the skeleton but it still had the hidden nationality trait so it just stood by as the skeleton attacked. This is odd, and I am not sure if it is intended. However I have see the same thing happen even after I declare nationality (a weak unit, say a worker, is attacked in a stack even though I have a much stronger spider protecting it).
    So I suspect something funny is still going on with hidden nationality.

On a different note, that spider received the hero promotion from the "war games" event. I thought that was extremely cool, not sure if a captured animal should be eligible for it or not though. For now I am going to have a lot of fun with my super spider.

Spoiler :

18. FoulFoot

FoulFoot Chieftain

A recommendation? Make them see over forests & jungles. They're not terribly useful in their current incarnation.

Foul

19. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

the tomb of suchellus dosnt provide life mana corectly in every game :cofused:

20. Farmer Bobathan

Farmer Bobathan Sanity is for the weak

I finaly downloaded the mod. :D