FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

issue: OO templs not providing happy faces

Note: The OO as state religion is +1 we trust our religion.
The +1 for every temple is for the building. -> +1 our buildings make us happy

Good point, but just rechecked my cities, the +1 smiley isn't registered thier either. The only building smileys are +1 Lanun palace & +1 Carnavals where they have been built.

Cheers
Matt

Mobius witches spawn without any spell sphere.

AV temple also doesn't give +1 happy it is supposed to give, just +1 from reagens and +1 if you have Religion Civic.
I still think that +1 happy from temples should be changed to +1 happy if X is state religion (simple xml change)

I got event/quest to build 7 castles. Not to mention how silly it is since it asks me to complete it before I discover Railroad, Economics or Rifling, and that I need Great Wall for additional reward.

issue: OO templs not providing happy faces

Good point, but just rechecked my cities, the +1 smiley isn't registered thier either. The only building smileys are +1 Lanun palace & +1 Carnavals where they have been built.

Cheers
Matt

Mobius witches spawn without any spell sphere.

AV temple also doesn't give +1 happy it is supposed to give, just +1 from reagens and +1 if you have Religion Civic.
I still think that +1 happy from temples should be changed to +1 happy if X is state religion (simple xml change)

PPL... this is exactly how FFH2 works from ages. Unlike Civ4, temples provide happiness only with the appropriate resource, and an additional happy face if you're running Religion civic.

You can't use WBS files unless they were made for FFH specificly or are empty. For instance FFH has no stone bonus this alone will break any map/scenario which has stone included and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more that will break vanillamaps.;)

If you open up the WBS in notepad and replace all mentions of bonuses, ( by empty you mean no units/citys etc, just terrain tiles right?) would be the best way forward for resource removal then, to get that file to run in 25. Is that the way you would go?, ill have alook at it tonight when i get in.

two more errors:

the oracle error occured right after the oth one.

i was playing Advanced start in reneaissance era, with the following start options:

-extra resources,
-one city challenge
-double barbarian animals
-barbiarians start with cities
-any leader

i was cardith lorda leading the Elohim

Attachments

• advance start error.jpg
    advance start error.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Oracle Error.jpg
    Oracle Error.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 138

Not sure what happened. I had played several games with 0.25c perfectly fine, then went to start up another game last night and saw this. No graphics of any kind for any unit, and no viewable city information from the map.

I'm redownloading 0.25 as I type, and will try a reinstall to see if it helps.

You've got 'bare map' turned on. Third little button from the left above the minimap.

see the OOS thread Sowy.

PPL... this is exactly how FFH2 works from ages. Unlike Civ4, temples provide happiness only with the appropriate resource, and an additional happy face if you're running Religion civic.

I Know :D
But if you look in civilopedia for 0.25, unlike in 0.23, temple entry says: +1 Happy, +1 From Incense/Gems/Reagens, +1 From Religion.
In 0.23 it says only +1 resource happy (and civic happy is not displayed but it is there)

I'm not sure these are bugs but here's a few:

- Acheron doesnt spawned fire (for about 100 years) and waited four or five turns before sending me meteors - when my stack was next to him, that is..
- Siege weapons are not living and therefore can't be afected by the Spirit spell Courage. Yet they are affected when attacking a unit with Fear. Is it intended and is there another way to allow so ?

playing as grigori and my scout (adventurer) who i use to go subdure animals with just beat and captured a hill giant. was a bit suspect.

get a ctd when starting a game. everything random, just after the intro movie.
with patch a.
ignore this if you want :)

I am playing v0.25c with the media pack

1) The quest from the fugitive assassin gives me the option to gain 500 Espionage points towards a civ. This should be removed.

2)Every event giving diplomatic modifiers doesn't work properly. Whenever I agree or whatever, nothing is mentioned about past events in the diplo screen.

3) The leader portraits in the foreign advisor are somehow linked to the first civilopedia entries in the section 'spells and abilities' , which is very confusing when you click on them.

4) The Yggdrasil tree disappeared in my last game but the feature itself still existed. I suppose it happened because the jungle, in which it grew, was removed.

5) The adaptive trait doesn't work properly. I was only asked in turn 120 and 125 whether I want to change it and the rest of my 300 turns, nothing happened.

6) Some civs seem to be at peace with barbarians although they shouldn't be. I already saw hordes of barbarians running through Luchuirp cities on their way to me.

I have a question about the building pedia entries, which have been made by the community. Will you add them or will there be other writings for those buildings?

The game is already fun to play, but there are still many strange things:

1. Treetop Defense promotion remains when unit leaves forests.

2. Homeland promotion remains (and allows withdrawal, even while defending) when units fight deep within enemy territory.

3. I captured the city with dragon hoard, but saw no sign of dragon herself. (I doubt AI’s small stacks of Soldiers of Kilmore managed to kill the dragon before I got there.)

4. Barbarian axemen with mithril axes from dragon hoard are very nasty. Player’s mithril-equipped macemen after the dragon hoard is captured are also a bit overpowered. (This might have been less of an issue if I had to fight the dragon herself, but getting the metal’s benefit without researching corresponding technology still feels wrong.)

PS This game was played as Elohim on 3.25c.

Latest patch 'd' 0.25. Seconding a lot of these which are coming up as common bugs

summary:
- diplomatic events not counting as modifiers (appreciate the quests are not yet fully customized)
- hill giants seem to be classed as animal units for purposes of capture, whether defending or attacking
- ancient tower is a non-removable improvement which spawns on resources (not sure if this is intentional)
- barbarians have issues with peace / not attacking
- no details for building effects in the city hover without going to each pedia entry
- cant see a graphic for the tar demon
- TXT_KEYS seen in the pedia for seafaring and the winter palace
- pearls not working for lanun (see this is to do - patch 'e', along with unhappiness icons)

Also on traits ... if sprawling and insane are not to be in until shadow is complete can we get them temporarily replaced by something to still provide a bit of play balance?

Still loving the work, loving the quick fixes that have been coming, keep it up Kael / team

1. Treetop Defense promotion remains when unit leaves forests.

2. Homeland promotion remains (and allows withdrawal, even while defending) when units fight deep within enemy territory.
pretty sure kael said the bonuses from those promotions only apply in the proper situations (i.e. when on a forest or when inside own borders) even tho they appear on the unit all the time

now that i think about it is there anyway someone could zip it and post so i could get it that way?

farmer, sounds like myself in the good old days of fax modems. the file is already packed in the setup file... think you will need a pal with a fast connection or a streak of luck with resuming a download

Top Bottom