1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

I have patch g, and upgrading to an axeman mutated my warrior.

Happened twice in a row, although there were no effects other than the mutation promotion.

Also, attacked by a giant spider and was not poisoned. (although I'm dwarven, so maybe that's why.)
    I seem to be healing slower than normal.

No missionary upon founding a religion.

2. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

the favorite wonder mechanic is not implemented

3. LoStNuMbEr

LoStNuMbEr Chieftain

I have founded several religions and still fail to get the missionaries for them

4. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

grigori and elohim are getting mutated units, tho with no effect beside the mutation promotion

5. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

When and why did you decide that HN units being able to capture cites isn't a bug?

It does seem quite over powered, but maybe if shadow implements a way to detect whose they are (a sun spell, sun mana effect, and/or having nationality be discovered like spies are might be good ways to balance it). These things can wait for shadow, I guess.

6. Kael

Kael Deity

Oops, actually all units that are converted or upgraded will get the mutated promotion with no mutations. I'll fix it in the next patch.

7. __Matt

__Matt Chieftain

Greetings, playing Elohim v 0.025f, high resolution graphics & bells & whistles switched on.

1. Dragons breath: very graphics intensive compared to the rest of civ. Looks gorgeous, but freezes my laptop while its happening, very annoying when he's right beside your territory. Needs a "Dragons Breath switch off" option in the graphics settings.
    2. Ship promotions, spell upgrades in port: The tooltip needs re-writing to advise on the benefits & penalties of each option.
    3. Map recentering: needs to be switched on for Elohim, given you get to see the size of the map. Interestingly it centred on meeting the first AI civ, then reset itself back to its original position.
    4. Homeland defence: in the civlopedia & tooltips, the second attribute states "+10% when within borders". It doesn't state what the +10% is applied to.
    5. Ancient towers: cannot build on or destroy them, wasting a good plot.

8. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

the blasperaphs somehow magically founded cult of the dragon in my game.

9. Kael

Kael Deity

It sounds like you have pick religions enabled.

10. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

i can adopt public healers even though i am neutral- i got a popup asking if i wanted to convert but actually got to fend for themselves

Edit: i did'nt have pick religions enabled, they just spontaneously founded it. and it played the FoL music too

11. Lekkric

Lekkric Chieftain

Playing as the infernals in 0.25f the only time i get manes is when i kill AV disciple units. Went back to pre-bts 0.23 and manes were appearing as normal with city razing, etc.

Also, in 0.23 units get the religion promotion when built in a city with that state religion and in 0.25 they don't, which is probably why only disciple units create manes.

12. MagisterCultuum

I noticed that in .24 if if a religion is somehow founded before its founding tech is researched (by cheating), than it will give the pick religion option even if it wasn't selected. (I had cheated to found the Order early with the Bannor, and then when I got Orders from heaven I also founded the Cult of the Dragon - the only other option was the Ashen Veil)

13. Didymus

Didymus Chieftain

Playing Malakim, when the adaptive menu comes up and I chose Spiritual, I lost both Creative and Financial. Isn't Creative supposed to be Von Gosam's Permanent Trait? 0.25g+PlayNow+Epic.

14. Mailbox

Mailbox King

For some reason my computer gets a BSOD and crashes to desktop soon after loading this save. This is in .25g

15. Kael

Kael Deity

No crash for me, is it reproducable for you?

16. Mailbox

Mailbox King

Every time I've tried to load it my computer just gives me a blue screen for a split second and then restarts, if I could somehow read what it says in time I'd try to give that information.

17. Fetus4188

Fetus4188 Deity

Playing FFH2 .25e in BtS 3.13 Steam on a Vista PC:

I'm playing a game with Hyborem and I have a save at the end of turn 348, and when I hit enter to advance the turn it seems to slow down and play the other civs as per usual but then the game seems to finish the turn and is responsive once again but the turn counter won't advance and the "waiting for blah blah" message just continues to blink. I'm not sure if this problem is from BtS or from FFH, I've never encountered anything like it before.

I'll attach the save if that's of any use.

Attached Files:

18. khanjackal

khanjackal Chieftain

Ok, wow.

Playing Calabim, I have a city with a prodution spiraling out of control, presumably due to the Mansion, and I've got Vampires gaining XP like spellcasters.

Last check Nubia had production of 14496.

Attached Files:

19. Fetus4188

Fetus4188 Deity

I just got similar results with Prespur, production 4xxx after I built the mansion.

20. MagisterCultuum

Indeed, The Calabim are a super power now, as soon as they finish their first Governor's Manor. In an advanced start game where beelined towards code of laws and gave myself 4 cities with manors, I finished the Tech tree in less than 100 years, being able to finish anything in one one turn in any of my cities, and to research any tech in one turn (one I writing) and turn an enormous profit (after currency).

I'm pretty sure that the building is granting more than one hammer per unhappy citizen in its city. Could it be granting a hammer for each unhappy citizen in all cities, perhaps?