FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

I have mentioned before that I keep getting this issue where I'll be playing and usually right after I've hit "end of turn" right before my turn comes up after the AI is through computing all of the AI civ's turns I'll get this:

File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\NiDX9Ren derer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp.Line:321

This error message is followed by a Runtime error for the basic Civ.exe.

I have done everything I can. I've update Direct-X, I've updated my ATi mobility Radeon card as much as I can and often times, I turn the graphics down to the minimum which used to help, but doesn't seem to anymore. I used to get this error when there was a lot of Burning Sand in the game, but now I get it halfway through a game with Hell Terrain turned off.

However, so far I've found that I only get this crash with FfH or FF. I just finished a game with the new BtS 3.17 Next War mod and I had no problems.

In reading these CivFanatics forums, I've seen that often times a code used early in a mod will cause problems later in the mods build. Is it possible that something got written that now isn't needed and causing problems? When I first started playing FfH around build 2.02-ish, I never had this problem but now as the mod changes, the crash is happening earlier and earlier and I don't think it's just my system not being able to handle the game.

Please, any help will keep my forehead in good health so I can stop banging it against the desk after trying to get this to work!

You do know that v0.30 is not the newest, right?

As far as I can tell, I have the newest patches for BtS, FfH and FF. I've been hitting this site to check updates a lot more often than I had in the past. Plus, I'm running on XP so I know I'm not having any weird Vista glitch.

Then why post in the 0.30 bug thread with a 0.32 bug thread stickied?

Because I have always had a problem finding where in the FF mod I'm supposed to do things.

I'd blame it on my PTSD, but I think it's just because I'm old(er) and confused.

Couple bugs with units after the new spell update

Succubus have inspiration not charm person, and can't get mind 2

Meshabba of Dis uses a fireball instead of flame ring despite having divine.

After the murdered wife event

What's the deal with this event, anyway? Doesn't seem to have any effect no matter what you answer.

@Wodan:

I don't know if you noticed, but the last post in this thread was 18 months ago. It's generally unhelpful to comment on bugs in older versions of the mod, since that can lead to confusion among newer people to the forums. Better to post in the bug thread for the current version: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308020.

Maybe a moderator can close this thread so we don't have further confusion?

Wow, that's a necroing worthy of Sheaim. Wodan, you outplayed yourself here :). And I agree with Nor'easter, it's better to lock this thread.

That's what happens when you search the forums for something and only one post pops up. ;) I was too lazy to look for a more appropriate place to post my question, sorry.

UNHOLY DEATH MANA! what is the name of this necromancy?
Woah, this thread is 3 days old

Top Bottom