FfH2 Bug Thread

Dunno if anyone elce has noticed, but an enraged unit nowadays. I can still control it if I do so first thing my turn. Before the AI gets a chance.

A stack of my units explored a lair in enemy (orcish) territory, and were held in a trap. The next turn, a shadow of mine came along to release them. Everyone had the HELD promotion removed EXCEPT for the two nullstone golems in the stack.

I just noticed that Life mana is required for the Tower of Alteration, but Life nodes are unlocked with Divination tech (so Divination unlocks 5 mana types, whereas Alteration unlocks 3).

Healing salve and probably all items count as units regarding unit support cost outside your borders.
Means, if you have 4 units outside your borders at early game with one city and the next unit outside the borders would cause -1 Gold, a discovered item causes -1 Gold as well until you pick it up.

patch q

scenario:into the desert

the assasin of decius can't display correct

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 153
I have a repeating CTD with my current game. Unfortunately I have no idea what is causing it. OS is vista.

Attachments

• Faeryl Viconia AD-0228.CivBeyondSwordSave
    327.8 KB · Views: 59
first, thanks for the awesome mod!

i have two issues. One is a crash in a grigori game. I had that crash several times, but was able to delay the failure by loading a quicksave or autosave a few rounds before that it happened. However, after the third "stuck" in such a situation i gave up. I noticed that every time the last sound before it crashs is the "resource pop up" sound. I attached the file with the name crash_grigori.

The second is a problem with the mana towers. I was able to collect all needed resources and went to build the tower. unfortunately the clan leader decided to overthrow my gracious reign and revoked the the contract over firemana and i lost subsequently the next round the elemental tower which had 5-10 rounds before completion. After a short punitive expedition and an additional claim on a manafield with fire i thought i was able to recreate the tower. That wasn't possible. The tower isn't selectable as a building but is also missing the hint before which indicated the mana type missing. However its listed in the cities in a "greyed" form. Please find attached the save elements_tower_incident for this problem.

Both problems occured with patch p and are with patch q still present.

thanks in advance and greetings.

Attachments

• crash_grigori.CivBeyondSwordSave
    542.5 KB · Views: 61
  • elements_tower_incident.CivBeyondSwordSave
    723.2 KB · Views: 84
Hey,

after a long period the OOS message occurred again:

I played Falamar and after I had built Lunatics the game was OOS nearly each round until I destroyed them.

It was a two player game, vista on both computers.

I liked the somewhat annoying aggressive behavior of the lunatics though...

Ah yeah, by the way: Awesome Mod! Ffh just the greatest game I ever played and not comparable to the original BTS in Balance, graphics, complexity ... Unbelievable work!

The second is a problem with the mana towers. I was able to collect all needed resources and went to build the tower. unfortunately the clan leader decided to overthrow my gracious reign and revoked the the contract over firemana and i lost subsequently the next round the elemental tower which had 5-10 rounds before completion. After a short punitive expedition and an additional claim on a manafield with fire i thought i was able to recreate the tower. That wasn't possible. The tower isn't selectable as a building but is also missing the hint before which indicated the mana type missing. However its listed in the cities in a "greyed" form. Please find attached the save elements_tower_incident for this problem. .

I looked at your tower save. The reason you can't build it is because you have it queued already in "Pain", after a mimic and something else. :)

Playing 0.40q:

Once I upgraded my Beastman to Sons of Asena and then to Battle Masters, they have Bronze AND Mithril weapons! I think this shouldn't be. ;)

Playing with 0.40 patch o, the Harlequin's Taunt ability doesn't seem to be working; it generates a python error message, and doesn't affect any units (they continue to just walk past the harlequin).

So, the Harlequin is pretty lame; its just a ranger with a strength penalty. These used to be a Balseraph strength, now they're just awful.

Python error:
File "CvSpellInterface", line 22, in cast
File "strong", line 0 in ?
File "CvSpellInterface", line 3003 in spellTaunt
Attribute Error, 'CyUnit' object has no attribute 'getImmobileTime'

Save attached.
(Patch o)

Attachments

• Insane.CivBeyondSwordSave
    391.8 KB · Views: 69
Playing with 0.40 patch o, the Harlequin's Taunt ability doesn't seem to be working; it generates a python error message, and doesn't affect any units (they continue to just walk past the harlequin).

So, the Harlequin is pretty lame; its just a ranger with a strength penalty. These used to be a Balseraph strength, now they're just awful.

What is the python error? Can you please save and post when you submit a bug so we can find it, and see if it's been fixed or not?

Thanks.

I am getting frequen CTD, especially in the late game. On my laptop running Vista, I have gotten some CTD problems in the past, but this is more frequent than in BTS or other mods. I can currently only play 2-5 turns of my current game without a crash. Many of the crashes occur when the diplomacy screen tries to initialize. Vista claims that the video memory is failing to write. I have never experienced this particular problem before. I can always load from an autosave and continue to play, but having to load an autosave every couple turns seems a bit excessive.

My laptop has a Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, and a GeForce 8600M graphics card so it should have no problems on a standard sized map. The game gets very bogged down in the late game and CTD frequently which leads me to expect some sort of memory leak.

Are Elves/Dwarves/Woodsmen/Guerrillas supposed to be able to move two spaces when they only have 1 movement? Shouldn't that just allow 2+ movement units not to get slowed down by that type of terrain? It makes the Mobility promotion completely worthless in certain circumstances this way.

EDIT: I realise this is a "bug" in vanilla as well.

So there's a cool new event where you can take 15 turns of disorder in a city for a great bard. This may be intended, but you do realize that a bard that pops culture ends unrest, right?

This means you can get the bard, and pop him for culture, with no actual cost, other than the randomness.

Maybe that is an intended effect, but then why include the option not to get it?

I am getting frequen CTD, especially in the late game. On my laptop running Vista, I have gotten some CTD problems in the past, but this is more frequent than in BTS or other mods. I can currently only play 2-5 turns of my current game without a crash. Many of the crashes occur when the diplomacy screen tries to initialize. Vista claims that the video memory is failing to write. I have never experienced this particular problem before. I can always load from an autosave and continue to play, but having to load an autosave every couple turns seems a bit excessive.

My laptop has a Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, and a GeForce 8600M graphics card so it should have no problems on a standard sized map. The game gets very bogged down in the late game and CTD frequently which leads me to expect some sort of memory leak.

Same here though it isn't quite as often. Mind you its only during the AI's turn and when they try to Diplo you and happens only during late game.

Wow, not a single change to the text file in patch q. Is that common?

Well, Kael has Documentation on his to-do list in the first post of this thread, so I'm sure he'll eventually get to it, but corrections to the text don't seem to be high-priority right now.

Besides, Kael gave us his defense here. :)

Top Bottom