FfH2 Bug Thread

Always hostile units work just like HN units, except that everyone can see who owns them. You can use them to attack vassals and civs with whom you are at peace (without causing war), but not permanent allies.

Currently it cannot be given by promotion in FfH, but can be in FF.

I have a "tiles permanently visible" issue going on in my current game, and it is due to having settled my starting settler on his starting plot, which happened to have an Ancient Tower on the tile. I am guessing that the improvement was deleted before the sight was updated, so when it cleared the sight for the settler, it cleared from the now-reduced sight of a plain 'ole hill.

Playing as Luchuirp (patch q).

Connecting the Tomb of Sucellus yields a second source of life mana in addition to the palace. The mouse-over tooltip indicates "effects are cumulative", but only +1 health is displayed in the city screen.

Edit: Nevermind, working correctly, total effect is number of nodes x +1:health:.

Sorry if these blips are well-known, but I'll say it anyway.

Playing the latest final version (downloaded it end of Dec 2008.) My civ is Luchuirp. Kuriotates herald screen comes up with message 'I will not give in to your bullying' (or words to that effect). Puzzling! - I haven't done anything!
A figure '1' was present at the top of the text box. He was clearly replying to some other civ, but I got his reply.
It happened again later for some other reason, but again with a '1' in the box.
It could be significant if attitudes affected.

Also, the musketeer - sorry, forgot the proper name - icon carries an 'archer' description in my list of possible builds.

Playing as Luchuirp (patch q).

Connecting the Tomb of Sucellus yields a second source of life mana in addition to the palace. The mouse-over tooltip indicates "effects are cumulative", but only +1 health is displayed in the city screen.

Does your mana display show you as having 2 sources of life mana?
If not, you maybe do not have knowledge of the Ether yet, which prevents you from getting the mana from nodes.

Sorry if these blips are well-known, but I'll say it anyway.

Playing the latest final version (downloaded it end of Dec 2008.) My civ is Luchuirp. Kuriotates herald screen comes up with message 'I will not give in to your bullying' (or words to that effect). Puzzling! - I haven't done anything!
A figure '1' was present at the top of the text box. He was clearly replying to some other civ, but I got his reply.
It happened again later for some other reason, but again with a '1' in the box.
It could be significant if attitudes affected.

Also, the musketeer - sorry, forgot the proper name - icon carries an 'archer' description in my list of possible builds.

You probably haven't installed the patch. Under patch a, we have:

'6. Fixed an issue that could cause some diplomacy tags to show up as "1".'

Best wishes,

Breunor

Python exception while exploring lair:

The first explore had no effect (except for the "Explore Lair" feedback message). The second mutated my unit. The third diseased my unit. The fourth explore resulted in this error. The fifth explore revealed a treasure chest and destroyed the lair. I assume that the problem was with a specific monster spawn, as opposed to a problem with the lair itself.

I have a "tiles permanently visible" issue going on in my current game, and it is due to having settled my starting settler on his starting plot, which happened to have an Ancient Tower on the tile. I am guessing that the improvement was deleted before the sight was updated, so when it cleared the sight for the settler, it cleared from the now-reduced sight of a plain 'ole hill.

I got this too the other day. Been forgetting to post the pic and save.

Spoiler :

Does your mana display show you as having 2 sources of life mana?
If not, you maybe do not have knowledge of the Ether yet, which prevents you from getting the mana from nodes.

2 sources are displayed, i have already researched KotE. But nevermind, just edited out the Tomb in worldbilder and got one less :health:.
So it is working correctly, I just misinterpreted the tooltip, because I expected the cumulative health effect to be displayed.

Turn on espionage in your bts game so the option isn't carried over.
I thought the recently introduced reset of all options for each new ffh2 custom game, should have fixed that, but maybe only the visible options are resetted after each game??

I started a vanilla BTS custom game after reading your post. Espionage was already turned on. On starting a new custom game of FFH2, the civilopedia entry for the Great Library is still showing +472167248 espionage from sage and +472167368 from great sage. Is this right?

CM,

Did you recently build Alakazan (sp)? I think that mirror can be tricky, I'm wondering if he is the cause?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Nope...can't even get to that point, I'm afraid. I've never had unidentifiable CTD's with any of Kael's previous builds, I guess I was just lucky....:(

I started a vanilla BTS custom game after reading your post. Espionage was already turned on. On starting a new custom game of FFH2, the civilopedia entry for the Great Library is still showing +472167248 espionage from sage and +472167368 from great sage. Is this right?

Not even remotely. There's no espionage in FfH2. The Great Library should give +1 research from Sage in all cities and +1 research from Great Sage in all cities.

When you say that espionage was already turned on in vanilla Civ, note that the "No Espionage" checkbox must be empty for espionage to be on.

If it is clear then that shouldn't be the problem, and I would suggest that you redownload and reinstall:
-Delete the FallfromHeaven2.exe file you have.
-Delete the patch file (FfH2040?.exe) you have.
-Delete the "[Game Path]\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2" folder and all contents.
-Redownload the mod install file (FallfromHeaven2.exe) and the latest patch file (FfH2040?.exe) - both using the links from the first post in this thread.
-Execute FallfromHeaven2.exe to install the mod.
-Execute FfH2040?.exe to patch the mod.

Launching vanilla Civ 4:BtS gives a black screen (w/mouse cursor) and the Windows Critical Stop sound. Alt-Tab out and back reveals a python exception:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named Erebus

Clicking "OK" produces another exception:
Code:
Failed to load python module Erebus.

Clicking "OK" produces the first exception again, and they alternate until each has occurred six times, then the game menu appears.

If I go to create a custom game and then cancel out ("Go Back") I get four of each exception stacked over the game menu. Clicking "OK" on all of them clears them out.

I normally play FfH2 using the "Erebus" map option. I loaded the mod (using a shortcut to load directly into it), started a custom game, changed to the "Archipelago" map, started the game, and then exited the game after map generation completed. I then went back into BtS and no python errors occurred, on load or after canceling from the custom game menu.

I went back into FfH2, reselected the Erebus map, generated a game, exited, and relaunched BtS. The python errors returned.

This won't be a problem for players who do not have the display of python exceptions enabled (such as most players of the final version of the mod). Anyone who does, however, might think the game has crashed on load (because of the black screen), and if they figure out how to get past that then it's still an annoyance. If nothing else, it might be a good idea to mention this problem after the instructions for turning on display of python exceptions in the first post of this thread so that testers will know to expect it.

I'd say this is because the Erebus map script that comes with FFH is placed in the FFH mod directory. So when you unload the mod, BtS can no longer find it, but still remembers it should.

You probably haven't installed the patch. Under patch a, we have:

'6. Fixed an issue that could cause some diplomacy tags to show up as "1".'

Best wishes,

Breunor

I can only find patch q.
Am I missing something obvious? patch a? patch q? does it matter?
Sorry if this is a shockingly silly statement.

I can only find patch q.
Am I missing something obvious? patch a? patch q? does it matter?
Sorry if this is a shockingly silly statement.

Patch Q includes Patches A - P as well, so you can just install that.

A spectre spawned from searching a goblin fort. i attacked with a warrior who killed the spectre, After it was dead i noticed the icon and message stating that the warrior was too scared to attack.

This was the only warrior sent in to fight and the only warrior on the tile identified by the frightened icon. So he definitely attacked despite being too frightened.

You should disable the possibility to give enraged units long termed commands as I feel steering them against the flavor and more a bug than a feature.

I'd say this is because the Erebus map script that comes with FFH is placed in the FFH mod directory. So when you unload the mod, BtS can no longer find it, but still remembers it should.

I don't unload the mod. I launch BtS and FfH2 from two different shortcut icons. If I'm in one and want to switch then I exit to desktop and launch the other one, specifically to avoid problems which might be caused by switching directly from one to the other.

Top Bottom