FfH2 Bug Thread

I don't unload the mod. I launch BtS and FfH2 from two different shortcut icons. If I'm in one and want to switch then I exit to desktop and launch the other one, specifically to avoid problems which might be caused by switching directly from one to the other.

Regardless of how you do it, BtS remembers what map script you used last, and that's what's causing troubles.

"Host of the Einherjar" summons can be sacrificed of the Pyre of the Serephic to create permanent fire elemental summons.

Fire elementals created in this way should be given the same duration as the sacrificed unit. Or durationed units should be blocked from sacrifice.

Games completly messed up. Open worldbuilder to see. 30 civ huge map, deity. Some things being that everyone spawned in giant stacks (5 civ's starting on the exact same tile), and Archeon is spawned on turn 0.

Also, If you pop a goodie hut when your allied with barbarians and you get "The villagers are hostile!", it really doesn't matter.

Later on in the game, there's a roaming gang of 4 barbarian hyboreums, all at level 9 with 79 xp... or something along that line.

Attachments

• What the hell.CivBeyondSwordSave
    114.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Game over man!.CivBeyondSwordSave
    463.1 KB · Views: 132
Whilst an Alazkan illusion of a Great Person looks to have most things blocked out, I was able to set-off a Golden Age with a Great merchant last night.

I'm thinking it may be appropriate to prevent any <bOnlyDefensive>1 from casting Mirror, to avoid things like that.

I also think that <bOnlyDefensive>1 units should be blocked from exploring lairs, instead of blocking workers from exploring but letting settlers and slaves explore all you like.

CtD occured. Was playing the Sidar and had cast Into the Mist. Saw a goblin protecting a tribal village, and while if i tried to go there directly i would attack the goblin. If however i make the unit go through the tile, it would take the tribal village, make the tribal village sound and then crash.

Note- Tried it again and it seemed to work fine, got the tribal village and the game is still running. (Got a map)

Patch Q includes Patches A - P as well, so you can just install that.

Thanks. Now for my next little question ... if I install this patch will it mess up my current game?

I'm a complete beginner at FfH2. One thing I have noticed: I'm well into my game; but no one, or nothing - man, beast, goblin, werewolf, etc has attacked me yet!
(Only a miniature barbarian elf and a baby spider (well, 3 actually!))
And the Armageddon counter has never been above 2.

I'm beginning to think this game is over-friendly. Also, my Kuriotate neighbour is just tooo nice. I'm getting worried about him. I think he might be about to invite me over to his place for a nightcap or something. My other near neighbour, Hannah the Irin, is all talk and inflated boobs. She's cute and I can't take her seriously.

I'm playing noble. If it was BtS, 90% of the other civs would have declared war on me long ago.

Where are the Evil Ones? No.
Mischievous? Or do I have to settle for just a bit naughty!
Where are the half-men who sing Bee Gees karaoke too loud late at night? I am scared of that. Tragedy. Stayin alive. Help!
Maybe that's the Kuriotates as yet undisclosed weapon. I capitulate.

AI issue:
AI (Amurite) sends a large stack(~10 units) units next to the city with the red dragon. They do nothing. I declare war on this AI player. That stack just sits there while I conquer his cities. We make peace, that stack just sits there. Later, he declares war on me, but that stack.....

AI issue:
AI (Amurite) sends a large stack(~10 units) units next to the city with the red dragon. They do nothing. I declare war on this AI player. That stack just sits there while I conquer his cities. We make peace, that stack just sits there. Later, he declares war on me, but that stack.....

I've had this happen in many games going back many, many versions of FfH and FF. That and sometimes have the AI crank out lots of sea units while I run them over via the land. This last one seems to have been fixed.

.40P: Workers that can apparently build Mana nodes.

The AI is permitted to build mana nodes with their workers, and they have trouble understanding that combat units like Adepts can build things.

The AI is permitted to build mana nodes with their workers, and they have trouble understanding that combat units like Adepts can build things.

AI still ends up building mines and towns on mana nodes most of the time. It must be either be taught that it is okay to destroy the mine to build mana node or it should be taught not to build anthing but mana nodes there.

By the way, what happens if you build a city on a mana node?

And the Armageddon counter has never been above 2.

I only play with the last days option selected. Otherwise AC increases too slow. This may be a difficult problem to fix actually, AI can't raise it as evil, can't keep it down against an evil human controlled leader either. Perhaps an adjustment depending on the human player's alignment is needed.

By the way, what happens if you build a city on a mana node?

You can't build a city on top of mana. Well, not blue mana anyways.

Score! The downtime for the CFC site has wiped out the first and second posts of the thread. So where do I report a bug with the bug thread again? ;) (I do hope they show up on their own, I know that I don't keep a backup anywhere...)

Score! The downtime for the CFC site has wiped out the first and second posts of the thread. So where do I report a bug with the bug thread again? ;) (I do hope they show up on their own, I know that I don't keep a backup anywhere...)

Ive sent a PM to thunderfall asking if he can restore them.

Top Bottom