FFH2 Challenge IV - Beeri Bawl of Luchuirp *classical era start*

For video walk-through, I suggest camstudio - free and pretty easy to use. I've used virtualdub for very basic editing (just clipping at the beginning and end).

IMO, the best priests for Paladins and Eidolons come from Cultists, because you get Water Walk and Tsunami. Depends on the map, obviously - on maps without much water a Ritualist would be better. If your Paladins/Eidolons are going to be wandering off without other support, then you can make a good argument for confessors or even Priests of Leaves.

For Druids, it's all about the T3 spells. As Gekko implies, vicar druids are awesome because of crown of brilliance. I like having a stonewarden druid for earthquake, and if you have a flesh golem lying around then a single cultist druid is nice for pumping his strength with krakens.

Yeah I am indeed considering camstudio - I have watched TMIT's screen capture tutorial and I think it's pretty easy to set up. Once I get a microphone I'll make a test run (got a message saying that delivery should take about 5 days... so prolly wednesday).

Water walking sounds great even on druids. Imagine dwarven druids that can walk on literally every terrain, crushing enemy units from where they can't even be hit :D I am trying to figure out an easy way to beeline them. It will probably have to include infernal grimoire + tower of divination free techs.

Sure, water walking is always nice, but aside from possibly having one for flesh golem building, kraken is an inferior high priest spell. One powerful summon just doesn't rate compared to the stack-crushing powers of crown of brilliance and earthquake. This goes for summon Balrog and summon Treant, too. Unyielding Order is very different from the other powers, but I have to work pretty hard to come up with a scenario where I really want to spend a druid slot on that.

Agreed, empyrean and stonewardens make the best druids. Crown of brilliance is even more important for the non-dwarves.

As for the paladins, I am not sure about Ritualists becoming paladins or eidolons. Doesn't unholy taint reduce physical strength? A ritualist upgraded to an archmage would be pretty cool though.

I should start preparing challenge #5, shouldn't I?

Though I don't really have anything specific in mind.

However, I will definitely choose a civ that has much fewer UUs than Luchuirp this time :D (took me a lot of time to prepare the intro for this one).

Maybe Immortal difficulty?

Ok, sorry for the delay - I haven't had the time to write down the introduction but I promise I will do it tomorrow morning.

Lol, didn't realise that you can't watch it if it's set to private. Nvm, it should be accessible now...

Top Bottom