Tasunke

Crazy Horse
Hey everyone, Tasunke here again, and I believe I have discovered a new way to have large FFH2 mp games again, with people from all over the world :)

I will be using Extra Mod Mod 5.2 (the latest EMM as of recently) patched over vanilla FFH2 (0.41 patch o)

Our format will be 'one day games' in which we use a medium or fast turn timer (1 minute or so per turn in the mid-game) and attempt to finish the game in one day. Games not finished in the same day are typically abandoned, although saves are made, usually they are not continued, so it is best to keep in mind that only same-day games are counted for official purposes, and if people quit during a game, the remainder may, and in fact should continue until a winner is declared.

(generally if someone has to leave for 30 minutes, or something like that, the general rule is either that he ques up builds in the city and afk's ... or he lets :dread: the A.I. take over for him ... >_> (poor soul)

RULES:

Spoiler :
no save and continue later (unless it is down to two players).

If you dissaprove of city razing, please petition the game host to turn off city razing.

if you leave the game, you may only continue as your old Nation (no nation hopping, whether or not your original nation dies)

if Hyborem/Basium switching is allowed, it will be decided at the beginning of each game (just like a setting) and is separate from 'Compact Enforced' ... new players joining in as Hyborem/Basium is a generally accepted convention (if they show up to a game already well underway), as is newly arrived players joining AI civs or abandoned civs. If somone has taken over your civ by the time that you get back ... assuming that everyone in-game agrees, either newPlayer may switch civs and allow you back in, your you may take another civ (ONLY if everyone agrees, as this is open to abuse)

If you believe all hope is lost, consider changing your strategy, becoming someone's vassal, or continuing on for (at least) 10 turns or so for the benefit of the other players. If we wanted to win vs AI we would have stuck to single player.

If you are the world leader/ economic leader, and you run into some mild resistance (losing a hero, losing an army, losing a capital city) please consider altering your startegy and moving on. Unless there is only one person left in the game, in which case u may capitulate if you wish (and they accept), it is far better to continue on lest the balance of a game become very distorted due to a massively "powerful" nation being given to the AI's unholy graces.

Tied to the above two situations, no matter what your situation is, it is better for the health of the game to continue amid the challenge, and see what new thing you can make of the situation.

There are no other rules, except anything that is agreed upon between players at the start of the game. Rule agreements after the game has already started are non-binding.

It can also be agreed upon that there won't be any rules, but I believe that these above rules generally allow for proper play without any cheats or exploits. Using the game mechanics to your advantage does not count as either a cheat or an exploit.

A general rule that is *often* decided upon, especially for games that have many players, is no war with other humans until turn 100. This need not be for every game, but is a generally accepted convention. Hopefully these tentative *rules* above will allow you to decide what sort of games these are, and whether or not you will be interested in playing them. :)

--------------------------------------

I hope to see you all there, and most of all ... be sure to have fun! :)

Last edited:
Hey Tasunke I can't play multiplayer anymore but it's good to see your keeping the old game going ;)

Hey Mimic, glad to see the old flag flying xD .... dude, did we ever finish that Faction modmod? It was a really cool concept.

Anywho, would love to have a multiplayer game with you sometime, but I understand that often times real life has a habit if getting in the way ;)

In the meantime, have you tried out WWII December 1941 Mod? It's really fun! :) .... currently I'm playing as North Vietnam in 1961 as Ho Chi Minh, and I plan on eventually taking over the world .... MUAHAHAHAHA

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ww-ii-december-1941.532824/ (link to the mod)

Haha I believe we did indeed finish the faction but then ffh2 was updated and I never got around to updating the modmod to be compatible.

Too right i'd enjoy playing against you too but as you said real life sorta takes the priority.

I'll check that out looks cool.

Anyways good to speak to you again we had some good games back then.

Indeed. Do you think it may be possible to schedule a game sometime in between Christmas and New Years? :D

Sorry sadly I'm lacking in bandwidth and time at the moment not to mention I'm running ffh2 on an old laptop which is just about working for me lol so as it goes I'm confined to single player games.

If anyone on civfanatics wants FFH2 (EMM 3.1 or FFH2 vanilla (patch o + patch p)

Include your preferred FFH2 submod, preferred mapscript (or map), and preferred rule set in sign ups please.

Top Bottom