fighting global warming

I have all hydroelectric plants, nobody AIs have nuclear technology
Are you sure?
Global warming still occurs after cleaning up the fall-out, it simply never
seems to stop. Very annoying. It must be a bug.
Global warming should only happen when there is fall-out.

global warming never happens until an ICBM is used or until a nuclear plant melts down. once either of those things has happened, a random roll takes place forevermore to see if tiles will get ruined until the end of the game :(. there isn't any way to turn it off or make it slow down once it's started (other than modding the game). cleaning up the pollution and stuff like that has no effect on the rate of future global warming.

if the trigger never happens, if nobody ever uses a nuke and nobody ever builds a nuke plant so that it can't melt down, then you never get global warming. i sometimes gift coal to an AI who has none, hoping it'll encourage a fall-out free world :lol:. they love to build nuke plants, and you never get a message when one melts down. the city is usually in fog of war when it happens, so you don't notice it, and then BLAM your landscape turns ugly.

We can hope that the nuclear/global warming element of the late game has been significantly improved in BtS!

Anyone remember the global warming in call to power? That was great, it kept score based on pollution from population and certain buildings and nukes. Then it actually caused sea levels to change and land to be damaged, it was great compared to this simple system. I didint realise this system was as simple as it is till you all said though!!

Hmmm... I don't build nuclear plants nor do I bomb anyone since I like playing "Always Peace" games. I rarely build coal plants, but I still get the global warming affect near the end of the game.

The CTP global change system i never was able to get past the 2nd or 3rd desaster before it destroyed my empire (and i wanted to see all the wonders of world annialation) Nuclear power plants have a 3% per turn chance of melting down (i liked the civ3 take on this better only risk meltdown if the city was in disarray) so as long as nuke plants can be made even in always peace games the world will turn to sand because the AI cant help but build them and thay cant help but blow up.

Top Bottom