Fighting Style

What's your fighting style? Or do you have one?

• I'm a wimp. Just pay off bullies and work on culture &/or tech to win that way.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I sit on the sidelines and defend myself if necessary but generally try to avoid wars.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Police action is my calling. I only fight bad civs and try to protect good ones.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • I'm a scrapper. I fight any and all around me and don't care who is good or bad.

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • I'm evil. I pick on weak civs and love to join dogpiles.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • A true idiot I am. I don't even know who I'm at war with cause its too hard to keep track of.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I change my style every game.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • I'm a lover of peace, and unscratchedfoot, you should be detained for talking such rubbish. War for

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

unscratchedfoot

War is a good thing.
Please vote. Personally, I never declare war on a civ for no reason. Most games I never declare war at all the whole game just because the AI is handy at doing that. I seem to spend most of my game engaged in 'police action' which is punishing evil nations who harrass and invade others for no good reason.

How about you folks? Are you evil conquerors or do you only fight against baddies and protect good nations? Or maybe you are a slinker hanging out on the sidelines while everyone else goes at it and you don't care if big evil nations bully small weak ones. Or perhaps you are the wimp who pays money to everyone so you can go on with your cultural and tech development forever?

I change my fighting style every time and it depends on my military strength,my enemies strengths,terrain, and my mood.

For the most part in games i play the "Hero conquerer" subjugating all lands under my rule to stop all wars.

:goodjob:

I prefer peace but wars are necessary for expansion and resource acquisition. I fight oportunistically, but when the AI sneak attacks, I make sure that civ gets whats coming to it.

I go to war to for fun. Sometimes its revenge, other times its picking on the weakest civ, sometimes i go after the biggest threat to make sure it doesnt become too big a threat.

war is part and parcel of tha game for me. i'll always go to war, territory, resources or simply for the fun of it. there's no punishment what so ever, and yes, i love it when my military advisor says i am weak compare to these guys and i beat the hella crap of it! :)

I change my style, so it really depends on what I feel like doing in a specific game especially if I'm bored

in my experience a real good way to cure boredom is to cause a World War with everybody against you or help one or two AI civs to become extremely powerful so you can have someone worthwhile to conquer :hammer:

oh yes and revenge I so love :love: revenge , there is nothing better then to conquer, destroy, pillage, and cripple an enemy AI leaving them with only one city which I surround with units and starve to 1 population point, just because they ticked me off :mwaha:

I change my style, although gradually. I started out usually going for culture or histograph wins. Lately, I am going for domination and conquest wins.

Heh, you have 8 choices that are either: love it, hate it, and maybe. Not really a 'style' poll. But here is my answer:

I typically war for resourses. If one civ is trading a needed resource to another, I will declare war on the civ receiving the resourse and get the trading civ to join me, just so I can get the goods. If a civ has a resourse near my boarders, I will attack them for it just so I have my own.

Now I also get carried away if a civ is truly ticking me off and try to destroy them.

Land is also an important reason to me.

I guess it all depends, I am gonna pick the maybe answer.

Thanks for voting everyone :)

Originally posted by Revolutionary
oh yes and revenge I so love :love: revenge , there is nothing better then to conquer, destroy, pillage, and cripple an enemy AI leaving them with only one city which I surround with units and starve to 1 population point, just because they ticked me off :mwaha:

Revolutionary, you're one brutal dude ;) I wonder what Iraq would be like now if you were in charge of the US military over there? :D

I tend to be peaceful until attacked. But I have dogpiled civs for the Diplo win, or tricked a civ into a war to get a resource they have.

I'm aggressive for resources. I'll generally always attack some AI civ for the following reasons.

1. Strategic Resource
2. Luxurary Resource
3. Wonders
4. Expansion (if needed).

Once I have my empire up and running I'll just generally sit it out and let the AI duke it out.

Well, I vote as a lover of peace, but of course must defend myself should a civ declare war on me and sometimes nessicary to declare war yourself...

A wise man finds a solution without war

No wait, I don't remember the famous words spoken by some japenesse general in WW II... I'm just waking up and hardly able to keep eyes open, but does anyone remember that phrase?

My first priority is eliminating all other civs from the same island/continent. Once that objective is complete, then I tend to be peaceful unless I'm in a war mongering mood, which apparently, is very often recently. :)
And rarely will I goto war alone. I like to get everyone involved in my wars.

You need another option. I always plan to make war on the strongest civ, with a dogpile if necessary, in order to eliminate my strongest potential rival.

Originally posted by dreamvirus
You need another option. I always plan to make war on the strongest civ, with a dogpile if necessary, in order to eliminate my strongest potential rival.

I would classify you as a scrapper because you don't seem to mind whether the target of your war plans is good or bad and you are going to war on a big enemy simply to make it easier to go to war in the future as you please. :)

If anyone else needs help being classified, unscratchedfoot will provide counselling of professional quality. :D Simply list your tendencies and desires to receive an informative analysis report.

If some Civ decides to attack me, I check the size of their army. If I can beat them, I send my military out to kill whoever dared to attack me. But if their army is a lot bigger, I try to defend myself and possibly compromise with the enemy. It works on lower levels, I dunno about higher levels though...

i'm a beat up every one on my continent player - except that i paly pagnea, so it can take a while.

Also i am a fan of the reverse liberation war, when one AI invades another and their attack forces are far from home, that way the second ai gets all their territory back eventially, so they are more of a challenge to take out

so really a scrapper, but i am an informer for the global police.

I've been playing Archipelago's/Continent Games so I usually conquor the civ on my island. Depending on the resources on my island/uninhabited Islands chooses who I attack after that.

Top Bottom