Final Frontier Worldbuilder

I've released v1.1. This adds CvFinalFrontierEvents.py (unmodded except for the change in onGameStart I showed in post 12), and does a lot of other stuff to the WBS file as shown in the changelog. Things seem to be working fine.

The only thing that isn't working is the supernova/black hole removal. I'm back to where I was with Solar System removal- you can remove all the damage areas and grav fields by adding another feature, but not by just deleting it outright.

For v1.2, I hope to fix this bug, and also to see if I can get what the city is building to be stored properly.

Added it... still doesn't seem to work.

Well, building removal is working on my end, without your changes, so... I'd say it's something you did, not me. Maybe it's because you left this line uncommented at the bottom of the function, which adds the building to the city no matter what?

Code:
self.m_pActivePlot.getPlotCity().setNumRealBuilding(iIndex, 1)#iNum

Got it working... that wasn't quite it, but I was able to figure out the last change to get it (not tested, but I know why that last bit was failing... basically the add code was after the remove code, so just commenting that line out caused it to remove the building then add it back again). Just merged in the latest stuff.

I've released v1.2. The bug with black hole and supernova removal has been fixed and Worldbuilder now saves the name of the mod to the WBS. (So, if you save a scenario in Final Frontier, and then you start the scenario either from outside the game or from normal BTS, the game will load Final Frontier first before loading the scenario).

The other change is that I made Worldbuilder save what a city is building, but also save the selected planet and building planet. With both of these changes, I don't get crashes or anything, so I'm assuming it is working fine.

I can't think of anything else that needs doing, so this is probably the last release, unless there are still bugs or there is something else to do.

Sounds good - I'll check it out ASAP. ;)

BTW, are you still working on a next Wormholes version? (Just wondering.)

Sounds good - I'll check it out ASAP. ;)

BTW, are you still working on a next Wormholes version? (Just wondering.)

There's not much I'd really want to add to Wormholes. I found a very minor bug that I'd want to fix. And I was going to package the stuff I just did for MOO2Civ in the Final Frontier-only version (since Star Trek has names for different wormholes).

Beyond that, Wormholes seems like a finished product to me... except for maybe adding another wormhole.

That's OK. (I was just reading through the thread and a while back you announced a next version, 's all.) BTW,

:newyear:

Hm. I've tried including the FF Worldbuilder with MOO2Civ mod (following the instructions in the OP), but as soon as I load an edited file I get the "You have been defeated!!!" message... :(

First- does regular FF Worldbuilder (or Worldbuilder in FF+) work?

Second- any python exceptions, or just a "You have been defeated!" message?

And as deanej says, was this created with regular worldbuilder? If it was I'd try starting a game, opening up WB, saving a WBS, then going back to the main menu and loading it.

No guys, haven't tried that yet; as I just wanted to include FF Worldbuilder in MOO2Civ. (I hardly play FF; though I appreciate the FF Plus update - great job on that one! -, it's just a tad bit slow compared to MOO2Civ.) Everything seems to load fine, but just after loading the message appears. (I have been able to edit savegames though - but that means you can only play the civ it belongs to).

At any rate, Ill install FF Worldbuilder as is and see if that has any effect.

EDIT: Checked by editing a FF game and it works with FF.

No guys, haven't tried that yet; as I just wanted to include FF Worldbuilder in MOO2Civ. (I hardly play FF; though I appreciate the FF Plus update - great job on that one! -, it's just a tad bit slow compared to MOO2Civ.) Everything seems to load fine, but just after loading the message appears. (I have been able to edit savegames though - but that means you can only play the civ it belongs to).

At any rate, Ill install FF Worldbuilder as is and see if that has any effect.

EDIT: Checked by editing a FF game and it works with FF.

Did you ever get it to work?

I realized that there's a fourth, unmentioned file- FeatureRemoval.py, in Assets\Python\Screens. I created it when testing black hole and supernova feature removal (so that each possible removal method used the same code) but never merged it back.

I don't, however, see why not having that file would lead to a "You have been defeated!" message.

Nor do I - but then, most things that go wrong are a bit of puzzle to me.

I haven't gotten round to either FF Worldbuilder or the wormholes mapscripts - partly because fulano's been keeping me busy with his minimod updates and partly because I've been focusing on simpler things to add (simpler for me, that is)...

Top Bottom