Final Verdict: We want our stack back and other great cIV features!

Vote for which feature you'd like to see back in Civ V!

• Stack (no more 1UPT): much easier to move armies around.

Votes: 76 6.7%
  • Local happiness instead of the shallow global happiness.

Votes: 117 10.3%
  • Multiple units for each strategic resource: makes more sense historically

Votes: 36 3.2%
  • The old slider system: makes for more dynamic gameplay.

Votes: 92 8.1%
  • No more purchasing units with gold.

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Religion: what makes cIV the best in the series!

Votes: 169 14.9%
  • cIV's great graphics: current graphics in ciV is a joke.

Votes: 30 2.6%
  • The old map grid: hexes does NOT make CiV look deep!

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Something else

Votes: 103 9.1%
  • Nothing, i like Civ5 how it is :).

Votes: 490 43.2%

• Total voters
This poll really is a clear evidence that only 44% of us likes Civ V the way it is right now, and the rest of us really can't call ourselves being satisfied with the game....

Poor assumption. Just because someone wants something improved doesn't mean that they aren't satisfied with the product now. I'm happy with Civ 5, but that doesn't meant that I don't think things can be improved in the product.

I believe I can speak for the majority of the Civ players here regarding features that absolutely must be brought back to Civ V

This kind of stuff should result in a ban.

You do NOT speak for the majority of the civ players, and I find it hilarious, yet tragic, that you would think so.

There are only 2 major problems with CIV5 right now:
1) the AI (combat and diplomatic)
2) balance (happiness, civs, leader traits, horsemen and the like)

If you don't want 1UPT, global happiness or hexes, you can go play CIV4. Reverting changes like that will turn CIV5 into a CIV4 expansion, and I for one do not want that to happen.

The threads title is: Poll:
Final Verdict: We want our stack back and other great cIV features!

The poll indicates that 68 people out of a 1000 are in favour of the stack, hardly a final verdict.
Looks like the majority of the people enjoy this game.

Consequently I'm sure if you polled 1000 people asking if they thought drinking bleach was a good idea, roughly 68 people would say yes.

This kind of stuff should result in a ban.

I know I haven't been here very long, but I agree with you on this. Seeing anyone make a thread with "I think everyone here will agree, <my opinion>" is obnoxious.

It's just like how every single politician does the "The American People want <things I want>."

If you want to discuss stuff, that's fine, but making a hilariously lopsided and bizarre thread that BEGINS under the premise that "all real fans" will agree with you is basically trolling, regardless of your intent.

There actually is an un-biased poll:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=382765

That shows overwhelming support for Civ V. Although Civ V's detractors seem to think this poll is some kind of conspiracy. :rolleyes:

I know I haven't been here very long, but I agree with you on this. Seeing anyone make a thread with "I think everyone here will agree, <my opinion>" is obnoxious.

It's just like how every single politician does the "The American People want <things I want>."

If you want to discuss stuff, that's fine, but making a hilariously lopsided and bizarre thread that BEGINS under the premise that "all real fans" will agree with you is basically trolling, regardless of your intent.

There actually is an un-biased poll:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=382765

That shows overwhelming support for Civ V. Although Civ V's detractors seem to think this poll is some kind of conspiracy. :rolleyes:

That good old, "the one poll that agreed with the defenders". As I have explained several times, that poll got the bulk of its votes in the first week of release, when all polls seemed to reflect that pattern. After the first week this poll got buried and only had a couple of hundred more votes added. Meanwhile, the polls that kept getting voted on showed a complete opposite swing... the "Dumbed Down" poll, with more than twice as many people voting, has more people voting "Yes" than the entire vote count of your poll.

That good old, "the one poll that agreed with the defenders". As I have explained several times, that poll got the bulk of its votes in the first week of release, when all polls seemed to reflect that pattern. After the first week this poll got buried and only had a couple of hundred more votes added. Meanwhile, the polls that kept getting voted on showed a complete opposite swing... the "Dumbed Down" poll, with more than twice as many people voting, has more people voting "Yes" than the entire vote count of your poll.

The one poll that is un-biased shows overwhelming support for Civ V, what a coincidence...and if you bother to look, there's still people posting and voting in that poll, in the positive even today, squashing that "theory" that all the positives were posted right after the game was released. The fact is, there exists a "silent majority" of forum goers who like ciV very much and they've really only been represented in that one poll. But go ahead, and keep pumping up the numbers in those "Hey Everybody! How terrible is Civ V!" polls. Because that's reliable data. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter how many votes are in the "dumbed down" poll, the very nature of the poll is completely negatively biased, and as such, is useless as a barometer of how people really feel about the game.

The one poll that is un-biased shows overwhelming support for Civ V, what a coincidence...and if you bother to look, there's still people posting and voting in that poll, in the positive even today, squashing that "theory" that all the positives were posted right after the game was released. The fact is, there exists a "silent majority" of forum goers who like ciV very much and they've really only been represented in that one poll. But go ahead, and keep pumping up the numbers in those "Hey Everybody! How terrible is Civ V!" polls. Because that's reliable data. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter how many votes are in the "dumbed down" poll, the very nature of the poll is completely negatively biased, and as such, is useless as a barometer of how people really feel about the game.

I like Civ V a lot, but it does need a thorough overhaul, and I don't mean just bug fixing. They should have spent an extra month doing beta testing and QA.

All the polls are getting more votes, but the polls that stay on the front page are climbing much faster than those that don't. There are more people voting "No" in the "Dumbed Down" poll than there are voting "Thumbs Up" in your poll. There are more people voting "Yes" in the former than "Thumbs Down" in the latter. If your theory is correct, there should be more "Thumbs Up" votes than "No" votes, since the "silent majority" are apparently avoiding the biased poll.

Biased title or not, that poll is attracting more people from both sides that the "thumbs up" poll. It's because the poll stays on the front page all the time, due to the number of people posting in it. Your poll had 500 odd votes after the first week and is now at 700 odd. The other poll also had 500 odd after the first week and now has 1600 odd. Since both polls ended the first week with a similar distribution of positive and negative votes, it's obvious there's no bias in participation. The thumbs up poll just isn't being seen by many people, simple as that.

You can't hide behind the "Biased title" defence. Clearly people on a forum with Fanatics in the title don't hold back with their opinions, whatever side they're on and whatever the thread titles are. You said yourself (before you looked at the numbers), the polls with more votes are more accurate.

...Seriously??? I know people have different opinions... but I find it hard to believe that anyone could possibly believe that Civ V is currently a better game than BTS.

Believe it. I don't understand why it would be a big deal for me to have a differing opinion from yours. I like V better than IV, you don't. Who cares?

The number of voters doesn't matter when a poll is biased.

An un-biased poll with 100 votes is much more valuable from a statistical standpoint then a biased poll with 100,000 votes.

All the polls are getting more votes, but the polls that stay on the front page are climbing much faster than those that don't. There are more people voting "No" in the "Dumbed Down" poll than there are voting "Thumbs Up" in your poll. There are more people voting "Yes" in the former than "Thumbs Down" in the latter. If your theory is correct, there should be more "Thumbs Up" votes than "No" votes, since the "silent majority" are apparently avoiding the biased poll.

Biased title or not, that poll is attracting more people from both sides that the "thumbs up" poll. It's because the poll stays on the front page all the time, due to the number of people posting in it. Your poll had 500 odd votes after the first week and is now at 700 odd. The other poll also had 500 odd after the first week and now has 1600 odd. Since both polls ended the first week with a similar distribution of positive and negative votes, it's obvious there's no bias in participation. The thumbs up poll just isn't being seen by many people, simple as that.

You can't hide behind the "Biased title" defence. Clearly people on a forum with Fanatics in the title don't hold back with their opinions, whatever side they're on and whatever the thread titles are. You said yourself (before you looked at the numbers), the polls with more votes are more accurate.

The number of voters doesn't matter when a poll is biased.

An un-biased poll with 100 votes is much more valuable from a statistical standpoint then a biased poll with 100,000 votes.

That may be the case if a random sample selection was used, but that's not the case on forum polls.

The number of votes are clearly correlated with how long a poll stays on the front page for non regulars to see it. If your poll had more votes from people satisfied with the game than this one, your theory would have something to it, but it doesn't. Even people satisfied with the game are participating in the "Dumbed Down" poll more than the other one, so obviously the title is not an issue.

If you do your part to keep that poll on the front page so it gets as many people participating as the "Dumbed Down" one, I'm pretty sure it's going to have the same skew as that.

That's exactly another problem, the forum right now is populated with people who are here to complain about the game. Also ruining the chance of any real statistical data.

That may be the case if a random sample selection was used, but that's not the case on forum polls...

I believe I speak for myself, I like Civ 5 the way it is. It's different from all the rest, as it should be.

If I had to make one change...I would perhaps adjust resources to the point where 1 resource would equal 2 units or something along those lines. Not unlimited, but more than 1.

Maybe the graphics aren't the latest and greatest eye candy, but this game is not about eye candy. It's about strategy. I believe graphics takes a back seat to everything else.

That's just my 2 cents worth.

Have a nice day gang.

That's exactly another problem, the forum right now is populated with people who are here to complain about the game. Also ruining the chance of any real statistical data.

There's no stats to say that either. This is a long established fan site and there's still plenty of people voting to say the game is fine for them, so obviously they are here.

Like most people here, I have been an avid Civ player since Civ I, and I have to say Civ V is such an abomination compared to cIV BtS expansions, not to mention the worst of the series by far. :(

I believe I can speak for the majority of the Civ players here regarding features that absolutely must be brought back to Civ V, hopefully in future patches or expansions. These features are so essential to the whole Civ experience that I am not sure why Firaxis removed them in this generation.

Sorry to disappoint, but no, I don't think you can speak for the majority.

I'm a long time Civ player (since the original) and I'm actually thrilled with most of the changes in Civ V.

I'm disappointed in the AI, but on the whole, Civ V is a very fun game, and I think 1-UPT was one of the best changes in Civ V.

This screenshot, although possible, does not reflect the regular course of a game. You would have to dedicate your entire game specifically do doing this...and then, what does that really prove.

Um, that's the AI that does it and the player must respond in kind.

If you play on Immortal or higher you'll see that's how every AI not yet beaten looks after the Industrial era.

Top Bottom