Finland

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Suomi, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Reno

Reno The Studio Ghibli Fanatic

And that has what to do with this thread...? :confused:

Translation: I want to go to Lahti, The train is cancelld. (Although Suomi forgot the ä's from his finnish and the "bending" of the word Lahti is incorrect)

2. Balzac

Balzac Chieftain

I'm just sad that there's no nordic representation... Looting and pilliging with bersekers for no good reason, just seems like a pleasant aspect of the previous game...

3. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

But the Finns never did that. We want Vikings!

Welcome to CFC, Balzac :)

4. Balzac

Balzac Chieftain

thanks... :D

5. Pyotr Veliky

Pyotr Veliky Father Russia

Learn your history. Leningrad ring a bell? Blockaded in the south by Germans, in the north by Finns. It lost between 600,000 to one million citizens during the blockade, most died because of hunger and cold. People don't die in such large number from these causes in a city that isn't virtually cut off from the outside world by invading troops... :rolleyes:

6. Suomi

Suomi Chieftain

OK with the weird a's, count me out. I know my Finnish though. And for the are u a finn thing, he said brother russian.

7. Suomi

Suomi Chieftain

I did not read the rest of 777's leningrad thing.

HAKKAPELIES RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

8. Reno

I still stand in my statement that you bended the word "Lahti" wrong. ;) It's supposed to be.

Haluan mennä Lahteen. ;)

9. Kissamies

Kissamies Prince

Of course Finland is not significant enough to be a Civ IV civilization. However, it's entertaining to think what it would be like if it was. I think the leader would be Urho Kekkonen (Industrious & Organized?), and possible alternate leader Mannerheim (Agressive & ?) due to popularity. UU would be either Hakkapeliitta (replaces halberdier or pikeman) or finnish infantry (replaces infantry, built in woodsman promotion and/or better mobility). Opinions?

Edit: Hakkapeliitta would actually be a cavalry unit, replacing regular cavalry.

10. Suomi

Suomi Chieftain

Reno, I dont know how someone would get so perfectionest over a language spoken by only 6000000 people.

11. Suomi

Suomi Chieftain

Milloin saavumme Vaasaan

12. Suomi

Suomi Chieftain

punctuation means nothing to me

13. Reno

Just the same way as someone can get perfectionist with a language spoken by everyone in the world. The number of people that speak the language makes no difference. ;)

That's actually a correct sentence.

14. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

when you look in a dictionary it tells you that scandinavian countries are : sweden , norway, denmark and Iceland for language and add finland for Scandinavia...why people say denmark and/or iceland and/or finland are not scandinavian countries? there are no such thing as nordic countries it seems...add canada then and russia!

15. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

I don't know what dictionary you use, but here is my clarification from page one of this thread:

Nordic countries include Scandinavia, Iceland and Finland. None of this is really open for discussion, as the Scandinavians themselves know well who they are.

16. AKauhanen

AKauhanen Civ3 graphics for Civ4

Why care what nationalities are in the vanilla version of the game ? Every single country what has even a single civilization4 fanatic with too much time on his/her hands will make a mod with his/her nation added.

A sad thing came to me while reading this thread: Possible Leaderheads for Finland ? There really are only Kekkonen and Mannerheim who fit "the requirements" to be a Leaderhead. From Polish or French or German or Russian or English history I/we could name several people to be a possible Leaderhead. Finland really hasn't had many historically significant and "Great" national leaders.

Well, at least we have several possible unique units: Hakkapeliitta Cavalry or Jaeger/Finnish Infantry and in theory in the modern world we could be said to have a "unique" relationship with artillery as the small nation of Finland has the most artillery in Europe*. [*Russia not included]

17. Princeps

Princeps More bombs than God

Well, no. It doesn't have queston mark!:mad: ;)