FinMod

We haven't dropped any news for a while, but we are happy to tell you that the development of FinMod v1.13 has progressed much during last weeks.

We didn't hear from Kissamies after his reply, but we didn't give up looking for leaderhead music. We found a sequencer, who allowed us to use his work in the mod. Version 1.13 will have the following leaderhead music:

- Early: Kalevala Theme (Is beign recorded by ourselves and will be finished soon.)
- Middle: Jean Sibelius - Karelia Suite Op.11: Alla marcia
- Late: Jean Sibelius - Finlandia hymn

The last two are originally MIDI-files, but will be recorded in high quality using XG-technology. Alla marcia was completely free and permission was given to Finlandia hymn. Author even created enhanced edition for the mod. He will be credited in the Readme-file.

Other changes in upcoming v1.13:

- New XML-files for Civilization IV Complete, too. (Since all the gamers don't have BtS.)
- Unique AI for Mannerheim.
- Problem between Finnish and English borders is fixed again. (Some lines from original XML-files were forgotten to copy into v1.12.)

Estimated release date for v1.13 is 7.8.2010, so stay tuned. We will probably release Mannerheim's AI for beta-testing earlier.

We will discuss with our voice actor in 1.8.2010 and ask how the work has progressed. Voice acting is still a feature, which may come, but we are not sure about it yet.

Cheers,

HIT Games Finland

FinMod v1.13 is finally out!

New version contain changes, which are listed to our earlier post.

We couldn't release Mannerheim's AI for beta-testing, but testing is still needed. If you want to drop comments, contact us via e-mail or drop comments here. Also, bug reports are welcome as usual.

We can't confirm, will we add new features to the mod, but at least we will fix bugs, if any will be found.

New version doesn't have XML-package for Warlords, but we will do it, if anybody asks us. :)

Download

Cheers,

HIT Games Finland

Sidenote for beginners:

We have added comments to each XML-file to show modifiers, which parts are created or modified for the mod. Those comments are left out from Audio2DScripts.xml and AudioDefines.xml, because they will crash the game. It took several hours from us to solve the problem.

Hi!

I've installed the patch both in the mod directory and the assets directory, but still I can't see the mod when trying to load it in the Advanced section.

I'm using the Beyond the Sword expansion and unzipped also that zip into the directories.

What could be wrong here? I've also emptied the cache directory..:(

Hi,

Is this your first time with CivIV mods or are you updating from earlier version?

How we do it? We install the mods to the following directory (in Windows XP):

..\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\

Make sure that the directory is empty. Leave other mods, if you have any.

Extract both Main and XML-package to that directory. Then you should be able to see the following:

..\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\FinMod\

...and there, the following: Assets-directory and *.txt & *.ini -files.

We removed doubled FinMod directory from the current version, so it is not needed to unzip files from the first directory. If you are on Windows Vista/7, you may need to install the mod to a different directory, but you need to ask from somebody else, then.

Hope it helps. :)

Thank you for your help. When reading your post I realized I had installed Finmod in the original Civ4 mod directory instead of Beyond the Sword directory...

Now it works, thanks again!:goodjob:

Greetings. I was wondering if there is still a way to download the FinMod? The links don't seem to work, and I'd love to try it. Thank you in advance!

I don't know if it is still available as a stand-alone or not but I know that Finns are present in MegaPack addon for CoM / AND2 (see my signature).
If you have some modding skills, you can extract it from there.

Top Bottom