FinMod

Hello,

I'm going to bring the mod back online as soon as I'm able. Meanwhile, you probably can find a copy somewhere around the net. However, please note that the mod has not been updated for a very long time and is seriously outdated, like Wyz_sub10 said. Thus, using FinMod will override any changes made to certain XML files by patches later than v1.52 (IIRC). These files include units and civilizations, for example.

Therefore, this mod should be regarded as obsolete. However, installing FinMod will not replace any original CivIV files. So it shouldn't break anything even if one decides to install it anyway. And the mod apparently still works (no guarantees though).

I would advice people to download either Civ Gold or the Finnish translation of Civ IV which also has a translated version of FinMod. Threads for both can be found on this site.

Cheers,
Uluk

To me it looks like you are trying to open it with BTS. This mod is for vanilla (the original) civ 4 so it does not work with expansions. Somebody should really update this for BTS.

I've heard Civ Gold has Finland as a Civilization, so that might deal with it.

My Rise of Mankind mod has Finland included in the extra civ addon pack. Not sure if it's the same version as in this thread - I think I took it from Civ Gold since those civs are all in modular format.

Been playing Rise of Mankind a long time now, but never seen addon pack for Finland, or any civs. Could you link the download?

Never mind, found it eventually. Just needed to begin searching for it.

Lot of Finns in here... I think people could put this list into Finnish, so we could have select/order sounds in that language.

Order 000- "As you wish."
Order 001- "Move out!"
Order 002- "Certainly."
Order 003- "We're on it."
Order 004- "No Problem."
Order 005- "Consider it Done"
Order 006- "Very Well."
Order 007-"On our way!"
Order 008-"Get moving!"
Order 009-"You can count on us."

Select 000-"Reporting for duty."
Select 001-"At your service."
Select 002-"Tell me what to do."
Select 003-"Awaiting your orders."
Select 004-"Ready for action!"
Select 005-"What's the plan?"
Select 006-"Yes?"
Select 007- "Your orders?"
Select 008- "What do you need?"
Select 009- "All present and accounted for."

Order 000- "As you wish." "Kuten tahdotte"
Order 001- "Move out!" "Liikkeelle"
Order 002- "Certainly." "Tottakai."
Order 003- "We're on it." "Näin tehkäämme."
Order 004- "No Problem." "Ei ongelmaa."
Order 005- "Consider it Done" "Yhtäkuin valmis."
Order 006- "Very Well." "Selvä on."
Order 007-"On our way!" "Menkäämme."
Order 008-"Get moving!" "Liikettä!"
Order 009-"You can count on us." "Voit luottaa meihin!"

"Yes." = "Kyllä."
"Clear." = "Selvä." / "Selvä on."

"What?" = "Mitä?"
"What is it?" = "Mikä on?"
"What now?" = "Mitä nyt?"

Select 000-"Reporting for duty." "Valmiina toimeen."
Select 001-"At your service." "Käytössänne!"
Select 002-"Tell me what to do." "Anna käsky!"
Select 003-"Awaiting your orders." "Odotamme ohjeita."
Select 004-"Ready for action!" "Valmiina!"
Select 005-"What's the plan?" "Mikä on suunnitelma?"
Select 006-"Yes?" "Mitä?"
Select 007- "Your orders?" "Mikä on käsky?"
Select 008- "What do you need?" "Mitä tarvitsette?"
Select 009- "All present and accounted for." "Kaikki paikalla valmiina toimeen."

Cool, it's nice to see a Finnish mod, I thought one didn't even exist. :) I now found a copy of this mod hosted at Softpedia. Here is the Finnish translation that Uluk mentioned and here's Civ4 Gold.

About ASIMOV123's translations, I'd translate some things a little differently. Here are my suggestions:

Order 003- "We're on it." "Näin tehkäämme."
"Tapahtuu!" or just "Selvä on!"
Order 005- "Consider it Done" "Yhtäkuin valmis."
"Se on melkein valmis jo!"
Order 007-"On our way!" "Menkäämme."
"Mennään!"
Select 000-"Reporting for duty." "Valmiina toimeen."
"Ilmoittaudun palvelukseen."
Select 001-"At your service." "Käytössänne!"
"Palveluksessenne!"
Select 002-"Tell me what to do." "Anna käsky!"
"Antakaa käsky!"

I do wish someone would make those unit sounds. My own voice isn't up to the task, I'm afraid. I'd have a kantele, piano and orchestral version of the Finlandia Hymn for leaderhead music, heh.

I received an e-mail from the folks at HIT Games Finland yesterday who sent me updated XML files which should make the mod compatible with the latest Beyond the Sword patch (which I believe is v3.19). So here it is! Please see the first post for download details.

Please note that I haven't tested this in any way but according to them there are no problems. If you find any bugs, report them in this thread.

I'm fairly certain that this will be the last release made by me. I hope that someone does a similar mod for the upcoming Civ 5! I would also like to thank everybody who downloaded the mod in one form or another (it's included in some of those great civ packs out there), I hope you enjoyed it!

Unfortunately I never had enough time and passion to keep the mod up to date myself. If someone still wants to continue develop this mod further then they have my full endorsement.

Cheers,
Uluk

Hello all,

We are folks from HIT Games Finland and we wanted to contribute FinMod. As Uluk said, a new version of FinMod is now available at his site and it is now compatible with BTS. Our goal is to continue working with FinMod and during this spring, we have planned to make three improvements to the mod:

- Adding Leaderhead music.
- Improving Mannerheim's AI.
- Possibly making Finnish voices. We know a good actor, but we haven't made a deal yet. Thanks to MadManOfALeader for making a list of voices and ASIMOV123 and also ZeroOne for translations. If this will come true, you all will be credited.

@Kissamies: You said you have a kantele and piano. If you like, you are welcome to contribute with some music. We are looking for something Kalevala-themed for first LH music.

One more thing: You mentioned orchestral version of the Finlandia Hymn. Is it free of copyright?

We will contact you later in case you don't appear here, but we need to improve our postcount first. ;)

I think Madman was actually hoping one of you fine Fins could actually record yourselves (or one of your friends if they have a better voice) saying the order and select sounds so he can make an order/select sound set for them.

Some progress update:

1) We have talked with our potential voice-actor and he will record all the order/select sounds, but he said that he will give them for the mod only, if he's satisfied with the results, so voice-acting is still a probability.

I think Madman was actually hoping one of you fine Fins could actually record yourselves (or one of your friends if they have a better voice) saying the order and select sounds so he can make an order/select sound set for them.

Got it. Madman will also get the sound files if they will be done. Our voice actor had nothing against it.

2) We have started to search for music. It's not aa easy task, but things have progressed.

We will drop more news in the future about the progress.

@Kissamies: You said you have a kantele and piano. If you like, you are welcome to contribute with some music. We are looking for something Kalevala-themed for first LH music.

One more thing: You mentioned orchestral version of the Finlandia Hymn. Is it free of copyright?
No no, I have the Finlandia Hymn performed with kantele by some japanese lady ripped off a YouTube video. Same with the piano version, I think. As for the orchestral version, I've had that mp3 so long, I don't remember where I got it originally. If I had to guess it might be from that FinnWars mod for Battlefield 1942 or from some shifty Russian military music site. Probably not safe to assume it's copyright free.

For the other two, I guess I could go ask permission to use those, if you want them. Provided that I can figure out the original videos again in order to find out who made them, of course. It was over a year ago and all I have is the mp3's I ripped.

Top Bottom