Firaxis is doing live demo of CivBE tomorrow!!!!!

SupremacyKing

Prince
Firaxis just posted on the CivBE Facebook page that they will be doing a live demo of CivBE Thursday, August 7 at 11am PDT, 2pm EST on their twitch channel:

twitch.tv/firaxisgames

edit: demo is Thursday not tomorrow (getting a little ahead of myself with anticipation :)

About bloody time! :D
Let's hope they'll keep the vid in case someone missed it, or wants to watch it again.

Christmas in August!! I am hoping the demo answers a lot of of our questions and really shows us a ton of a new stuff!!!

Awesome, I hope I don't miss the stream as I have a history or arriving hours after a broadcast is over :(

I shall await the reviews of live demo eagerly.

Personally I am afraid it will be yet another 'first 100 turns' demo with yet another siege worm battle and yet another introduction to absolutely basic concepts of BE...

Personally I am afraid it will be yet another 'first 100 turns' demo with yet another siege worm battle and yet another introduction to absolutely basic concepts of BE...

Yeah, I am hoping we get more than just a scout or a marine attacking a siege worm while the devs talk about basic concepts for 40 mn on turn 10. I'd like to see the faction and load out screens so that we can get more details on the bonuses. But I especially want to see the affinity and virtues screens to get more info on how they work.

By the way, Firaxis has confirmed that they will be archiving the stream on their youtube channel. So good news for those who cannot watch it live.

I would be happy if we get a full 100 turns with somebody playing the game like it's meant to be played. In a hundred turns they can adopt a couple of values, solve several small quests, reach one or two levels in an affinity, research five to ten techs and build several units, buildings, improvements and maybe even wonders we haven't seen yet, and meet and interact with some stations and all other factions. The youtube upload might keep me occupied for an evening, pausing and analysing screencaps for tooltips. What I really hope is that they begin from the start with game setup and faction selection, but I find it unlikely until Kozlov shows up in another source.

What we're planning to show is how the aliens act as their own faction, and the consequences of treating them as barbarians. All those other topics that have been mentioned (loadout strategy, or a deeper playthrough) we will get to in the coming weeks. The reason we're focusing on the aliens first is that we've found in our hands-on sessions, new players tend to assume that they either MUST kill all aliens, or greatly underestimate the threat these offer. It's one of the biggest changes from core Civ, it's something we can demonstrate easily, and it's useful information for players regardless of skill level.

We'll be playing as Brasilia.

Thanks for the reply Pete! Looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to future videos showing other mechanics in more depth, but learning more on how the aliens work is useful too.

Thank you for the clarification Pete, always really nice to hear from the company itself :D
Now I'm even more hyped, loving the sound of the aliens, barbarians were so dull xD

Looking forward to it!! Thanks Pete for the explanation. Also, looking forward to future videos showcasing the other aspects of the game.

Thanks Pete. :)
Can you please tell us how long will this livestream be?

It should be about an hour - maybe five minutes either way. Gamescom is next week, and we have a bit of prep work we need to get done, so unfortunately we can't keep going for too many more turns.

Oh, and I've picked a particularly militant Brasilian loadout. Scientist colonists, weapons for cargo (so we already start with a Marine) and I think I picked retrorockets for the spacecraft because that's usually my default selection.

Oh, and I've picked a particularly militant Brasilian loadout. Scientist colonists, weapons for cargo (so we already start with a Marine) and I think I picked retrorockets for the spacecraft because that's usually my default selection.

I'm guessing picking mercenaries instead of scientists would be overkill for Brasilia? :lol:

I'm guessing picking mercenaries instead of scientists would be overkill for Brasilia? :lol:

there are no mercenaries. Only scientists, engineers, artists, aristocrats and refugees.

Top Bottom