Firaxis Live Tuner basic setup and use

Reliquary

Chieftain
I didn't see any starter guides on this and it looks like there are some people out there who haven't quite figured this one out yet either, so I thought I'd do a quick write up since it's a simple enough task.

So first thing's first. Go to Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/AppOptions.txt and do a search for "Enable FireTuner" and set EnableTuner to 1 instead of 0.

Then open Firetuner from the Civ6 dev tools launcher and run the game. Once in a game, pull up the Firetuner window and go to File>Open Panel and under Steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Debug you can start pulling up the different files that'll allow you to customize stuff in-game.

It's super self explanatory. For anything you want to place in the world, just click it's appropriate Placement box and then just click on the map. Some things like customizing city information you can do directly in the tuner.

Most relevant, I think is the Asser Preview, which is the quickest way to check if any imported 3D assets are working into a mod.

Ps. It also helps if you don't have Civ running on full screen lol

I don't know about creating new panels, although someone just made a thread about that literally today. It's under Modding Tutorials & Reference.
Other than that, there's not really much to operating it. If you open the Maps panel you'll see a bunch of list that have improvements, features, unit types, etc that you can spawn into the map by checking their respective Placement boxes and then just clicking on the tiles you want the asset to appear in.

You can use it as a world building tool, though for me it's mostly just about previewing assets.

Thanks for sharing this! In Civ V, the map panel auto-magically appeared when you started a game with Firetuner running. I was wondering where that went in Civ VI--mystery solved :)

I had had to take a break from Civ VI as "just one more turn" was breaking me. But I had to try out Rise & Fall

Anyways I got a fairly good start position but it had too many mountains and I just wanted to turn a few of them into grassland or plains so I installed the SDK, Tuner Tool & Assets. The worldbuilder and map panels who I should be able to change terrain but when I click the "terrain placement enabled" box it will not stay clicked and the mountain does not melt away. Some things work. I can place or remove forests for instance. Am I doing something wrong, or is this prohibited and the only way to modify terrain is with an entire new map using WorldBuilder? I don't want to go to all that work.

1) how do you add nuclear device & thermonuclear device to a civ with firetuner?
2) can you delete cities or units with firetuner easily?

Anyone know how to open the city panel in firetuner?i want to place cities but my firetuner only opens panels for player, players and map. Nothing for cities

I didn't see any starter guides on this and it looks like there are some people out there who haven't quite figured this one out yet either, so I thought I'd do a quick write up since it's a simple enough task.

So first thing's first. Go to Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/AppOptions.txt and do a search for "Enable FireTuner" and set EnableTuner to 1 instead of 0.

Then open Firetuner from the Civ6 dev tools launcher and run the game. Once in a game, pull up the Firetuner window and go to File>Open Panel and under Steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Debug you can start pulling up the different files that'll allow you to customize stuff in-game.

It's super self explanatory. For anything you want to place in the world, just click it's appropriate Placement box and then just click on the map. Some things like customizing city information you can do directly in the tuner.

Most relevant, I think is the Asser Preview, which is the quickest way to check if any imported 3D assets are working into a mod.

Ps. It also helps if you don't have Civ running on full screen lol
How do I open the firetuner? I hate how people are so damn vague about this. I didn't download the game from Steam ok? And I changed the 0 to a 1. Now what?

Even if you get a legal game on Steam then you still need to download separately the Dev Tools :) And they appear on a different screens than games... So, could be confusing for somebody for the first time.
Another thing to remember is that the FireTuner disables achievements. I am not sure if that was from the begining, I just noticed that recently. There is a flag in the save file that says "FireTuner: yes" and playing such a game won't give you achievements.

Even if you get a legal game on Steam then you still need to download separately the Dev Tools :) And they appear on a different screens than games... So, could be confusing for somebody for the first time.
I agree it could be confusing, but if you're like the individual above and essentially admitting you've pirated the game, I have little sympathy.
:ninja:
Another thing to remember is that the FireTuner disables achievements. I am not sure if that was from the begining, I just noticed that recently. There is a flag in the save file that says "FireTuner: yes" and playing such a game won't give you achievements.
As far as I know it has always disabled achievements.

I know this is a really old thread, but having just upgraded my machine, I was stumped while configuring FireTuner. The AppOptions.txt file is not in the My Documents folder as listed in the original post, which threw me.
Apparently at some point during the patch cycles of Civ6, it was moved to the AppData folder on Windows machines. So you'd need to look in "\AppData\Local\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI" on whatever your Windows install location is. Should be smooth sailing from there.

Top Bottom