1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Firaxis Live Tuner basic setup and use

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Modding Tutorials & Reference' started by Reliquary, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Reliquary

Reliquary Chieftain

I didn't see any starter guides on this and it looks like there are some people out there who haven't quite figured this one out yet either, so I thought I'd do a quick write up since it's a simple enough task.

So first thing's first. Go to Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/AppOptions.txt and do a search for "Enable FireTuner" and set EnableTuner to 1 instead of 0.

Then open Firetuner from the Civ6 dev tools launcher and run the game. Once in a game, pull up the Firetuner window and go to File>Open Panel and under Steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Debug you can start pulling up the different files that'll allow you to customize stuff in-game.

It's super self explanatory. For anything you want to place in the world, just click it's appropriate Placement box and then just click on the map. Some things like customizing city information you can do directly in the tuner.

Most relevant, I think is the Asser Preview, which is the quickest way to check if any imported 3D assets are working into a mod.

Ps. It also helps if you don't have Civ running on full screen lol

Scrum Lord likes this.
  2. FurionHuang

FurionHuang Chieftain

So is there any panel setups to share, or tricks you can teach? I'm always just staring at the lua console.

3. Reliquary

Reliquary Chieftain

I don't know about creating new panels, although someone just made a thread about that literally today. It's under Modding Tutorials & Reference.
    Other than that, there's not really much to operating it. If you open the Maps panel you'll see a bunch of list that have improvements, features, unit types, etc that you can spawn into the map by checking their respective Placement boxes and then just clicking on the tiles you want the asset to appear in.

You can use it as a world building tool, though for me it's mostly just about previewing assets.

4. Scrum Lord

Scrum Lord Chieftain

Thanks for sharing this! In Civ V, the map panel auto-magically appeared when you started a game with Firetuner running. I was wondering where that went in Civ VI--mystery solved :)

5. Reliquary

Reliquary Chieftain

Sure thing!

6. KrumStrashni

KrumStrashni Chieftain

Is there a way to open any savegame independent from mods?

7. SaberSix

SaberSix Chieftain

I had had to take a break from Civ VI as "just one more turn" was breaking me. But I had to try out Rise & Fall

Anyways I got a fairly good start position but it had too many mountains and I just wanted to turn a few of them into grassland or plains so I installed the SDK, Tuner Tool & Assets. The worldbuilder and map panels who I should be able to change terrain but when I click the "terrain placement enabled" box it will not stay clicked and the mountain does not melt away. Some things work. I can place or remove forests for instance. Am I doing something wrong, or is this prohibited and the only way to modify terrain is with an entire new map using WorldBuilder? I don't want to go to all that work.

8. Dark_Ownage

Dark_Ownage Chieftain

1) how do you add nuclear device & thermonuclear device to a civ with firetuner?
    2) can you delete cities or units with firetuner easily?