Firaxis, please make a NOTRE DAME wonder for CIV 6

It's a great idea!

you know what, It would be cool if Notre Darme is not a wonder one civ could build, but ala Send Aids or Train Athletes. Restore Notre Darme, and the winner would have it, it would have slots for 7 great works of any kind, and the silver tier would have tourism boost to their Theater Square.

in BNW it was quite powerful (If memory serves me right, +10 happiness, some faith)... I guess +10 amenities is a bit much though... (excepting mega-cities you hardly have any use for anything above +3 for ecstatic). Maybe they can change the bonuses a bit.

Although a bit opportunistic i can understand the charity style premise (of a Civ6 component like Wonder to be distributed to the masses) considering how gigantic this architectural gothic monument truly is worldwide.
A pivotal tourism asset for Paris and abroad as it is properly recognized by a number of cultural organizations (UNESCO heritage, etc).

That being said.. let that very sad fire settle in our minds first & objectively examine what France will want to do exactly before jumping into corporate driven projects such as Firaxis putting stuff in our game(s). TBH, it's premature.

I'd surely buy a specific DLC if it ever comes to that though.

I'd be all in for that. But it could also be included to a future DLC (perhaps with a once off Civ and/or scenario?). France could use more wonders to go with their unique ability anyway!

I think it's a wonderful impulse to make things charitable. I just wonder if the cause really needs more money, considering all the other deserving charities. Considering over 300 million Euro has already been donated, it might be worth checking out charities associated with Paris/ND that don't have the same attention.

That said, of course I would buy no matter what.

I'm not sure about this. There are plenty of deserving cultural sites that could use some money, but nobody is asking for them to be included in special DLCs. France is one of the wealthiest nations in the world. Surely, they can handle the rebuilding of ND without Firaxis. If you personally want to donate to the rebuilding efforts, then there are already charities open for that.

Well, they already got a $301mil restoration budget within 24 hours. So we might be a bit late to the party by the time the game assets are created. Great Merchants OP.

Still, getting Norte Dame in the game one way or another would be nice (third expansion hint hint)

I think it's a wonderful impulse to make things charitable. I just wonder if the cause really needs more money, considering all the other deserving charities. Considering over 300 million Euro has already been donated, it might be worth checking out charities associated with Paris/ND that don't have the same attention.

That said, of course I would buy no matter what.

Well, they already got a $301mil restoration budget within 24 hours. So we might be a bit late to the party by the time the game assets are created. Great Merchants OP.

Still, getting Norte Dame in the game one way or another would be nice (third expansion hint hint)

They'll burn through that money real fast :undecide: ....especially as they're French :rolleyes: ; but the wonders of modern fund raising cannot be overstated.

I think it'd be a win for Civ & Firaxis -as well as for the restoration- were they to contribute.

Even if the cathedral didn't need more money for rebuilding, I can imagine they're involved in several charitable ventures, to which they would dedicate the excess.

Major French businesses and industrial firms have as of a few hours ago, already pledged over 450 million Euros to the restoration, and Macron says they will get it restored within five years.

L'Audace, L'Audace, Toujours L'Audace!

I think the fire will actually make them less likely to add it to the game for fear of some sort of controversy. If they put it in another expansion, it could look a bit distasteful, like they're trying to monetize the tragedy.

I posted in another thread that a DLC without profits going to charity would be incredibly distasteful. I'd put it on the level of WB's cancer DLC for Shadow of War.

Basically, go the charity route, make it free or stay the heck away from it. I don't think putting it behind a paywall would be received well.

I think the fire will actually make them less likely to add it to the game for fear of some sort of controversy. If they put it in another expansion, it could look a bit distasteful, like they're trying to monetize the tragedy.

I posted in another thread that a DLC without profits going to charity would be incredibly distasteful. I'd put it on the level of WB's cancer DLC for Shadow of War.

Basically, go the charity route, make it free or stay the heck away from it. I don't think putting it behind a paywall would be received well.
Why on Earth would it be controversial or distasteful to include one of the premier wonders of Europe (which frankly should have been in the base game) in an expansion? I understand why selling it, by itself, in a DLC could appear distasteful (if for no other reason than no world wonder is worth selling by itself as DLC), but I can't see any reason they couldn't or shouldn't include it in an expansion...

Top Bottom