1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Firaxis, please make a NOTRE DAME wonder for CIV 6

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by El Caballerion, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Villager720

Villager720 Chieftain

Make it happen Firaxis. And then send our money to France.

679x, Zaarin, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  2. Delvi

Delvi Chieftain

It's a great idea!

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

I would be more than willing to pay if a sizable portion goes to rebuilding.

Please Firaxis.

4. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Arabian King

you know what, It would be cool if Notre Darme is not a wonder one civ could build, but ala Send Aids or Train Athletes. Restore Notre Darme, and the winner would have it, it would have slots for 7 great works of any kind, and the silver tier would have tourism boost to their Theater Square.

Delvi, tedhebert and kaspergm like this.
  5. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

in BNW it was quite powerful (If memory serves me right, +10 happiness, some faith)... I guess +10 amenities is a bit much though... (excepting mega-cities you hardly have any use for anything above +3 for ecstatic). Maybe they can change the bonuses a bit.

6. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Although a bit opportunistic i can understand the charity style premise (of a Civ6 component like Wonder to be distributed to the masses) considering how gigantic this architectural gothic monument truly is worldwide.
    A pivotal tourism asset for Paris and abroad as it is properly recognized by a number of cultural organizations (UNESCO heritage, etc).

That being said.. let that very sad fire settle in our minds first & objectively examine what France will want to do exactly before jumping into corporate driven projects such as Firaxis putting stuff in our game(s). TBH, it's premature.

I'd surely buy a specific DLC if it ever comes to that though.

7. Daigotsu Max

Daigotsu Max Chieftain

I'd be all in for that. But it could also be included to a future DLC (perhaps with a once off Civ and/or scenario?). France could use more wonders to go with their unique ability anyway!

8. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Warlord

I fully support the idea of paid DLC with all proceeds go to charity.

@FXS_Sarah please pitch this in to the management. Please please please for the love of all things civ in game and in real life.

9. brandonnj84

brandonnj84 Chieftain

I think it's a wonderful impulse to make things charitable. I just wonder if the cause really needs more money, considering all the other deserving charities. Considering over 300 million Euro has already been donated, it might be worth checking out charities associated with Paris/ND that don't have the same attention.

That said, of course I would buy no matter what.

Infixo, Meluhhan and SammyKhalifa like this.
  10. Kwami

Kwami Warlord

I'm not sure about this. There are plenty of deserving cultural sites that could use some money, but nobody is asking for them to be included in special DLCs. France is one of the wealthiest nations in the world. Surely, they can handle the rebuilding of ND without Firaxis. If you personally want to donate to the rebuilding efforts, then there are already charities open for that.

11. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

Well, they already got a $301mil restoration budget within 24 hours. So we might be a bit late to the party by the time the game assets are created. Great Merchants OP.

Still, getting Norte Dame in the game one way or another would be nice (third expansion hint hint)

12. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

They'll burn through that money real fast :undecide: ....especially as they're French :rolleyes: ; but the wonders of modern fund raising cannot be overstated.

I think it'd be a win for Civ & Firaxis -as well as for the restoration- were they to contribute.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  13. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Chieftain

This is a brilliant idea.

14. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Donate 5 bucks to an important cause and get a new wonder? I'm on board.

15. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Kimiimaro, Kjimmet, Meluhhan and 7 others like this.
  16. Rajul

Rajul Chieftain

17. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Even if the cathedral didn't need more money for rebuilding, I can imagine they're involved in several charitable ventures, to which they would dedicate the excess.

stealth_nsk, kaspergm and Zaarin like this.
  18. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Warlord

Major French businesses and industrial firms have as of a few hours ago, already pledged over 450 million Euros to the restoration, and Macron says they will get it restored within five years.

L'Audace, L'Audace, Toujours L'Audace!

Zaarin likes this.
  19. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Chieftain

I think the fire will actually make them less likely to add it to the game for fear of some sort of controversy. If they put it in another expansion, it could look a bit distasteful, like they're trying to monetize the tragedy.

I posted in another thread that a DLC without profits going to charity would be incredibly distasteful. I'd put it on the level of WB's cancer DLC for Shadow of War.

Basically, go the charity route, make it free or stay the heck away from it. I don't think putting it behind a paywall would be received well.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  20. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Why on Earth would it be controversial or distasteful to include one of the premier wonders of Europe (which frankly should have been in the base game) in an expansion? I understand why selling it, by itself, in a DLC could appear distasteful (if for no other reason than no world wonder is worth selling by itself as DLC), but I can't see any reason they couldn't or shouldn't include it in an expansion...

Kimiimaro, nzcamel and Boris Gudenuf like this.