Firaxis Releases Civilization IV: Colonization Information, Features

Poland deserves to be in Civilization 4 BTS instead of HRE. It should've been either Austria or Poland(i personally don't really care as long as it's one of them) in bts instead of the HRE.
HRE was pretty powerful too though. But I suppose they were already included as Germany, so its like getting two civs of the same country.

I guess being the strongest, Richest, Most Populous, biggest and some other stuff in the entire europe at one point isn't enough to be included in the game... :(
They invented golka cheese as well! It doesn't taste that great and cheese-making isn't really a way to analyse a nation's historical importance, but mmm, cheese... :drool:

we did have colonies, albeit puny and tottally not Col deserving, but we did have colonies.
Like Sweden. They used to have a Carribean island or two.

AMAZING!...

And some of us were planning colonization mod a two years and also a year ago but was forced to abandon it because I didn't have time (and still don't) and now Firaxis is making an actual game.

Old thread is here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171416&highlight=colonization

I have been waiting this since the original Colonization game out...

I'm lost at words...:hatsoff:

HRE was pretty powerful too though. But I suppose they were already included as Germany, so its like getting two civs of the same country.

They invented golka cheese as well! It doesn't taste that great and cheese-making isn't really a way to analyse a nation's historical importance, but mmm, cheese... :drool:

Like Sweden. They used to have a Carribean island or two.

Yes, St. Barthelemy. Sweden also had a colony (Nya Sverige/New Sweden) on the Delaware 1638-55, after which it was conquered by the Dutch, who later had their colony conquered by the English. Incidentally, the land on which Philadelphia is situated belonged to New Sweden. It was sold to William Penn by two descendants of the Swedish settlers called Sven and Åke Rambo - I kid you not. However, I don't think any of this means Sweden should be incldued in "Colonization".

P. S. Don't tell Sylvester Stallone about the Rambo brothers. It might do terrible things to his image of the world.

I agree 100% on the inclusion of Portugal. Poland was more or less a joke. But we did colonize (well 2 small colonies).

Poland deserves to be in Civilization 4 BTS instead of HRE. It should've been either Austria or Poland(i personally don't really care as long as it's one of them) in bts instead of the HRE.

I guess being the strongest, Richest, Most Populous, biggest and some other stuff in the entire europe at one point isn't enough to be included in the game... :(

we did have colonies, albeit puny and tottally not Col deserving, but we did have colonies.

The thing about Poland is it has always had ended without being in a good position. Poland has been Conquered numerous times and thats just not an Empire that should be in the game.

Simon Bolivar and Gran Colombia beats America anyday. It's just that America was successful later on.

im sorry, but thats the way it works. Sure it may beat American Revolution, but like you said that america was successful later on, which makes it more famous. Also, U.S.A. was the FIRST European Colony to successfully seperate from it's motherland and by doing so it defeated the largest army in the world. France had the navy to stop Cornwallis at Yorktown to really end the war, plus with the military support and training, they helped alot with America's Independence. Spain also helped with fighting off the British away from the colonies in order to help the American Colonists. So the American Revolution had a lot of stuff going into it to make it big, and i was really the first Underdog story.

Also The American Revolution gave all the other colonies hope that they could revolt from their motherland. And the USA was one of the first nations to recognize the South American nations. Do you really think any nations would try to even think of Revolution if America hadn't thought nor Won? Even the French Constitution was based on America. the American Revolution was a key changing point in History. It lead to the belief that in the End DEMOCRACY was the best form of government available. America was one of the first nations to believe that the power of the government belonged to the people.

Can we finally stop this Portugal issue, we heard you and we will ignore you ;)

Do you really believe that we (the Portuguese and the Brazilians)will let's this go, just forget about the detail? :nono: :trouble: :lol:

uat2d said:
Portugal in -> i'll buy Colonization
Portugal out -> i won't buy Colonization

as simple as that!

:high5:

Spoiler :
achas? com um mercado gigante que é o BRASIL? OK! vamos lá isso. ou citando um conhecido: "Porreiro, pá!" :lol:

If you put only North America, there will be no need for Fernando de Magalhões, since you will not find the way to cross America by sea or know a way to reach the Pacific Ocean or the West Cost, so...

Only for that I don't believe that they will not put South America. And also cause the majority of Dutch cities are at north of South America and in the Caribbeans.

So ADD PORTUGAL!!!

From what I have read, it seems that Colonization is an extremely US-centric game. Thus, no South America.

US-centric it may be, but the original version did include south America, apparently.

Colonization obviously included South America, because there were Incas.

When South America is included, by land area, population, military power, economy, or any other criteria you want, Portugal exceeds the Dutch. No way around it.

Oh well, it is well established that neither Firaxis nor Uncle Sid care much about historical consistency.

The thing about Poland is it has always had ended without being in a good position. Poland has been Conquered numerous times and thats just not an Empire that should be in the game.
That's hilarious, check Brits at some point, who knows how many times THEY were conquered?? :lol:
:crazyeye:

That's hilarious, check Brits at some point, who knows how many times THEY were conquered?? :lol:
:crazyeye:
England was only conquered once, by the Normans in 1066. All the other conquests were either not completed (Vikings, French landings) or were done before England was really 'Angle-Land'.

Now I am no advocate for Poland being included as a Civ in cIV (I don't really care either way in fact), but if we are to use your logic for what civs should not be included then many of the civs that are already in cIV have no place having been included either : Aztec, Babylon, Carthage, Celt, Inca, Maya, Native American etc.

Anyway, I think Firaxis would be wise to include all of the nations that participated in the race for the America's and succeeded in having at least a small long lasting colony.

At the very least they should include Portugal. I always found it very odd that Portugal was left out in the original Colonization - and that historical mistake would be even more grave if they were to be left out again (to the point where I have to wonder if Firaxis even care about history at all).

Why would anyone want to play Poland on civ 4?

As for portugal. (...)

I always thought the game centred on the northern Americas including America and canada? perhaps this is why Portugal is not included?

Didn't see this before. The Spanish 'leaders' will declare independence to Argentina and Gran-Colombia.

So those are two South-Americans nations. If the game will be centred on North-America, that means there aren't no Spanish leader to generate a Mexico or a Texas.

So if the map criterial is in fact invalide, then there MUST BE a opportunity for Portugal and Brazil.

They ceeded it to the French, who then lost it to the US.

The French sold it. :eek:

I've been having this debate with people for ages, ever since my religious studies teacher said there were only 10000 native Americans in North America, and I mentioned the Aztecs.

Even though you are correct, most historians have agreed on diving Pre-Columbian America (the mainland) into 3 regions: North America, Mesoamerica, and South America. The Aztecs and Mayas hence fall into Mesoamerica, and commonly excluded from North America.

Also The American Revolution gave all the other colonies hope that they could revolt from their motherland.

The American Revolution was just a part of the reason, but not the main one.

At the very least they should include Portugal. I always found it very odd that Portugal was left out in the original Colonization - and that historical mistake would be even more grave if they were to be left out again (to the point where I have to wonder if Firaxis even care about history at all).

Portugal should be in, but if not, like the others said, you can always mod. it in. ;)

:lol: If Firaxis cared about history, you wouldn't have to play the game. The English colonists would always win since that is what really happened. And Civilization historical :mwaha: Sure, america already existed 4000 BC. Leaders are immortal and lived from 4000BC

:lol: If Firaxis cared about history, you wouldn't have to play the game. The English colonists would always win since that is what really happened. And Civilization historical :mwaha: Sure, america already existed 4000 BC. Leaders are immortal and lived from 4000BC

then it might also be a good idea to remove the english!

at least if it isn't meant to be minimally historically accurate, then why the english?

then it might also be a good idea to remove the english!

at least if it isn't meant to be minimally historically accurate, then why the english?

English? what english? They were British at that time. :lol:

Top Bottom