Firaxis Releases Civilization IV: Colonization Information, Features

Eight different leaders? So that would be two for each nation right. But are they leaders for your colony or for the motherland?

I'd imagine the leaders would be for the colony as presumably your choosing a leader for the revolution aspect of Col too....and that possibly hints that multiplayer could be upto 8 players?

Why would anyone want to play Poland on civ 4?

As for portugal. Found this below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_colonization_of_the_Americas

I always thought the game centred on the northern Americas including America and canada? perhaps this is why Portugal is not included?

Perhaps Portugal or other nations could be added as a 5/6th civ on an expansion pack. Bit like civ 4. you have 21 but you only play with x civs in each game. I think the way they have done the civ bonuses like immigration it might be hard to add more to this. If more than 4 civs played you may need a larger map. Would be fun to see an indian tribe with 10-20+ settlements.

Give them all the arms and horses they need then make them declare war on your enemies. hehe.

I always thought the game centred on the northern Americas including America and canada? perhaps this is why Portugal is not included?

Not really. Obviously some aspects, notably the rebelling over taxation and a war for independence, of the game are more influenced by North American history, but then the game also deals with Jesuit missionaries, conquistadors and Gold trains which relates more to Spain in South/Central America.

Flattening an Incan village was always a nice way to give yourself a financial boost to help fund your expansion and ultimate independence plans

You know, this is great Colonization is returning. However, I thought SMAC/x won the poll they ran for game remakes?

Well, from what I remember learning about colonizing the new world back in elementary school, Spain and Portugal had a really serious dispute about which colonies they controlled and how much land belonged to them. So they went to the Pope about it, and he decided to settle the matter by drawing a line across a map of the world, and saying that the Spanish get everything to the west, and the Portugese get everything to the east. This line pretty much left Portugal with Brazil, Africa, and up to India, while Spain got the rest of Central and South America, up to the Philipines. Of course, back in those days, you NEVER argued with the Papal States, so the two nations unwillingly agreed to the partition. This article talks about this "Line of Demarcation."

I think Portugal should be in the game, and the game should be expanded to include an African colonization scenario with Germany, Italy, and Belgium as additional playable factions.

As for Poland... LOL. I'm Polish, and let me tell you, putting Poland into Colonization would be placing Canada (instead of the US) in a game versus the Soviet Union. Poland was one of the most powerful European empires for a few hundred years, but they were never into colonizing new lands and running an overseas empire.

Would the requirements of this game make it Bloatware?

As for portugal. Found this below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_colonization_of_the_Americas

Perhaps Portugal or other nations could be added as a 5/6th civ on an expansion pack. Bit like civ 4. you have 21 but you only play with x civs in each game. I think the way they have done the civ bonuses like immigration it might be hard to add more to this. If more than 4 civs played you may need a larger map. Would be fun to see an indian tribe with 10-20+ settlements.

Give them all the arms and horses they need then make them declare war on your enemies. hehe.

YOU ARE JOKING!!!! RIGHT?

An expansion pack AGAIN!!!

No Portugal in this Colonization, NO GAME. VETO!

(mad cause I cann't play Civ IV BTS - CD-GAME have a risk and impossible to start...)

I suspect someone will do a mod with Portugal in and with more than 4 starting nations eventually. I am not against expansion packs if they add value to the game. Perhaps only 2 or 3 on this game. :mischief:

End of day Firaxis have always said they will see what people want.

try to add a game without patch that's the number 1 from what people want!!! (being ironic)

(serious)
If they listen what we want, they known we want at less one more nation on the game, like in previous game of Colonization, was debated for a long time...

YOU ARE JOKING!!!! RIGHT?

An expansion pack AGAIN!!!

No Portugal in this Colonization, NO GAME. VETO!

seconded!!!

and my BtS CD is fine!!!

Portugal in -> i'll buy Colonization
Portugal out -> i won't buy Colonization

as simple as that!

Spoiler zenon_pt :
e que tal um movimento da resistencia contra a Firaxis? :rolleyes:
provavelmente ai e que nao haveria Portugal mas o que e que se pode fazer com multinacionais? ameaçar, e claro... ;)

Sheesh, people make some strange buying decisions, you can always mod it in if it were really needed. Be prepared to not buy it then.

Can we finally stop this Portugal issue, we heard you and we will ignore you ;)

Does Colonization include only north America? If so, then there is no point in having Portugal as their main area in the Americas was south America...

If it does include south America as well though, I fully understand the wrath of the Portugaliers on the matter.

Does Colonization include only north America? If so, then there is no point in having Portugal as their main area in the Americas was south America...

If it does include south America as well though, I fully understand the wrath of the Portugaliers on the matter.

it will also include Spain, which barely had presence in North America (Mexico and the Caribbeans is Central America)

Spain had a big presence in North America actually. Florida was spanish, and so was everything west of the Mississippi and going north to the Hudsons Bay Company at one point. They ceeded it to the French, who then lost it to the US.

The original Colonization had a map that consisted of North and South America, so there is a good chance that colonizing the "New World" will include both americas.

it will also include Spain, which barely had presence in North America (Mexico and the Caribbeans is Central America)
Central America is part of North America. I've been having this debate with people for ages, ever since my religious studies teacher said there were only 10000 native Americans in North America, and I mentioned the Aztecs.

And with the exception of Yucatan, Mexico is not central American anyway.

that's because Portugal has plenty of reasons to be in Civ or in Col... more reasons than Poland had, has or will ever have!

I agree 100% on the inclusion of Portugal. Poland was more or less a joke. But we did colonize (well 2 small colonies).

Poland deserves to be in Civilization 4 BTS instead of HRE. It should've been either Austria or Poland(i personally don't really care as long as it's one of them) in bts instead of the HRE.

I guess being the strongest, Richest, Most Populous, biggest and some other stuff in the entire europe at one point isn't enough to be included in the game... :(

but they were never into colonizing new lands and running an overseas empire.

we did have colonies, albeit puny and tottally not Col deserving, but we did have colonies.

Top Bottom