Fire Base/Heavy Bunker

Hunter

Civ Addict
This unit started as a stronger defense for a civilization, braced on the Fire base concept of the Vietnam War. Since then I have started using it as just a heavy bunker.

Ill explain:

Fire base roll:
Heavy bombard
NO attack
Zone of control
Heavy defense (they were tough to take)
NO movement however they can be air dropped (distance of 5-8) or if you use a air transport that can carry tanks air dropped that way.

Heavy Bunker roll:
NO bombard
NO Attack
NO Zone of control
Heavy defense (changing the attack in the ini. to the Fire Defend flic)
Same movement rules as the Fire Base.

I like now to use it as a Heavy bunker since I use a transport to carry artillery to it filling the bombard roll. Also it makes a great invasion unit, drop it behind enemy lines and then drop you troops on it, forming a strong fallback and re-supply position (in the Fire base roll it also gives fire support to your advancing troops)

The attack in the ini. is pre-set to bombard since that was its original intended roll.

Attachments

• fire bace.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,856

Attachments

• fire bace.jpg
    fire bace.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 5,909
I doubt the AI Handles it well, but they look very nice, i wish workers could build units. having em run around building these everywhere :goodjob:

How is the AI handling it?

It does look very nice, but I would also very much like to know how the AI is handling it before including it.....

Something like this might be good for a scenario. Pre-place them in strategic places so you don't have to worry about whether the AI will build them or not. Just be sure to have the AI set to zero unit maintenance cost, or the AI might start disbanding them.

it's spelled "role" not "roll" But a clever idea none the less.

Ok... so you dug up this old unit to tell me my spelling sucks???? Your not wrong, it dose suck but hey come on let this unit stay buried. :)

What parameters for base in the editor to put where to take the description
At creation who will put her(it) the workers? If yes that prompt
Complete adjustment in the editor for åòîé of base its(her) movement 1?
Or carry by the special worker ñêîëêî of boards how much protection how much radius??? Help or give bix a file with parameter of base

The translation is created on the compiler
Badly I know English

Well the best way to use this unit is with anouther unit that moves it like my halftrack unit I made a while back.

Dont worry about your english I have spoken it all my life and still cant spell. O well. :)

Belive it or not I work in a news paper thank goodness for spell check and the proof reader. ;)

You could build it and not give it any movement so the only city it can defend for is the city it is built in.

Hunter,

Have you tried to make it something a worker could build?

It looks good, perfect for the modern age, fortification tile. The current bunkers are WW II vintage.

D.

might be some way to do this by using the upgrade option?

How are you supposed to use it with no large or small thigns?...... I WANT to use this but it was given out incomplete.

I know, I'm 9 years "late" but I found this in the downloads section.

You mean icons ? You could try to make one with the pic in post #2. Or try to find something more recent with better graphics and ready with icons.

The large and small things are what you put into pediacons, if a unit doesn;t have those, I really don't know how to install it...

Top Bottom