Fire Base/Heavy Bunker

You can make one in a few seconds. All you need is Gimp. Find a picture you want, or use a screen shot and cut out the pic, size to the right dimensions and save the file name as .PCX in gimp and it should be good to go. I have a universal ? icon i use for for things that don't include pedia icons until i can make one.

Hello Elite

Or even simpler use existing pediacons ,
like for example the one for the machine gun team might be apt for the Firebase.

I assume you know how to install units and know that if you duplicate pediacons you must copy the text EXACTLY.
The only drawback is your Civilopedia will have two units with the same pediacon and if you look at the forces garrisoned in a town/city you wont know exactly which are Firebases and which are mg teams , but as it is likely that your firebases will be fixed units outside cities it wont really matter too much
The game will work OK ...
Have a look at the Firaxis Napoleonic scenario and you will see what I mean , in that scenario several different infantry units "share" the same pediacons
I hope that this is helpful

You can make one in a few seconds. All you need is Gimp. Find a picture you want, or use a screen shot and cut out the pic, size to the right dimensions and save the file name as .PCX in gimp and it should be good to go.
"Good to go" after indexing. I'm not home atm but I believe the menu sequence is Image/Mode/Indexed ... Indexing should be set to 256. The last two slots (254, 255) are the "invisible" colors. In Firaxis' graphics and in most of what is posted at CFC those two slots use magenta (rgb 255, 0, 255) and green (rgb 0, 255, 0). But any colors in those last two slots will be invisible. If you have magenta or green anywhere else in the colormap they will show up in the game. In GIMP you can open a colormap window & drag the colors around so that's an easy problem to sort out.

Top Bottom