First Deity Game - I thought I could win but now I'm not so certain

Zeuxis

Chieftain
So, I decided to try my first game on Deity (moving up from Prince).

I went for Russia and a cultural win as I found that very easy on Prince as Russia just gets all the Great artists, writers, and musicians if you build lavras everywhere. (I also got work ethics and another good pantheon).

So, off I went and as expected, I was way,way behind on score and everything. But I knew I must stick to my plan and it did seem to o well. It is now turn 219 and I have overtaken everyone except the Cree on score (only 7 points behind). I have got all of the Great artists, writers, and musicians except one that the Cree bought. I am currently on 103/382 on the culture victory screen and sometimes it says that I will win in less than 100 turns. So far so good and I seem to have all the other civs beaten (friends with all plus open borders to facilitate the tourism).

But there is one problem - the Cree have just finished the second part of the Space race.

They are 62 techs, 686 science/turn, 119 tourism and 294 culture

We are 46 techs, 270 science per turn, 598 tourism/turn and 455 culture.

So the question is will the Cree win a science victory before I get a culture one and what can I do to stop it?

Spies seem an option to knock him back (if it works). I have just got Broadcast buildings but I don't have much coast for seaside resorts.

Strategies?

Send Rockbands to the player with the most domestic tourism. This will get you tourists and the other player will lose domestic tourists.

Of course!

And I am just about to get them AND I have lots of faith being Russia! Thanks!

Nice :) I hope you can pull it off!

You can also make sure to have a traderoute to every civ in the game and use all the policy cards which give tourism. If you didnt do this already theme your museums to get the extra yields. Did you unlock computers already? If not go for this since you get a massive boost in tourism. If you don't have steel already you can try to build as much walls as you can since every wall gives you tourisim as well. If you have spare gov titels get Pingala to Curator (T3) and place him in your city where you have most of your great works (most likely the city with the national history museum).

I have all of those - I think on Prince I had always more or less won by the time Rock Bands appeared and I wasn't used to having competition in the late game.

I will let you know how it goes!

Did it! first win on Deity turn 258.

Rock bands were the answer.

It would have been a later victory but Poundmaker made the mistake of un-banning rock bands in his territory. He was 48 turns away from a science win.

Top Bottom