1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First Look: The Development Team Video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jul 12, 2016.

1. OnceAKing

OnceAKing Warlord

Yeah I think you're right plus this gives him time to come back around.

I think this leak will just create a stratification between the hardcore fans and the casual.

I'd advise Firaxis continue the marketing strategy as normal. Just maybe not stretch it out as slowly since there isn't quite as much suspense

2. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

And the Civet cat, which is almost certainly a nod to the Civit reddit. At the very least they knew people watching the video would see it.

I agree completely; I think we were meant to see this and analyse it, and in fact I don't think there's any other reason for the poster with the leaderheads to be there at all (at this stage in development, all the Civs will have been decided long ago). Maybe they didn't think we would suss most of it out so quickly :lol:

3. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

In the video as presented the there is not enough detail to see what is posted in the background. Everything is fuzzy. It is only when the video frame is magnified that any details show up. Unless someone went though and magnified/zoomed every frame not shot in the conference room, there would be no reason to to think any new information was being leaked.

4. master__jj

master__jj Chieftain

indeed. And don't forget, this is a forum for diehard players. Even if we guess all the leaders and their abilities correctly, 99% of the Civ-players won't know about it.

5. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

The civet cat picture is typical of office humor. It is a play on words that says put these guys into the game. "Civ them" Once the list was complete (or mostly so) somebody added the cat picture to make it official.

6. m15a

m15a Emperor

Seems like an office inside joke to me, too. Maybe the group working on the leaderscreens called themselves team Civet or something silly like that. (Or imagine Ed split the developers into two competing teams Steve Jobs style. Team Civet came up with this list of leaders and Team FurAxis came up with a completely different list!?)

7. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I do most of my work in libraries or at home; I guess office humour went over my head ;)

8. nunor

nunor King

Don't worry, you're definitely not missing out [emoji38]

9. oedali

oedali King

I say unintentional. Someone should start a poll.

It is one second of the video and super blurred.. I didn't even notice it when I watched. Firaxis is working to get the game ready for global release in 3 months; how do you expect them to find time to play schemes like this. Remember WE are the fanatics, they are normal/ sane people

10. Acken

Acken Deity

And corporate mistakes never happen right ? :)

People thinking it would hurt sales are deluded. People already knowing this will watch any video Firaxis will release anyway. Who are we kidding.