First patch priorities

Priority to fix is:

• Diplomatic victory is to easy

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Global warming not important

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Global warning cant be stopped (World congress resolutions, justified wars against polluters etc)

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Disasters are not important

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Add earthquakes and tsunamis

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • AI (of course)

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Grievances are not important

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • GS Civs overpowered

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other (write in comments)

Votes: 20 27.4%

• Total voters
Nerf pillaging.

Slow down climate ramp, but make the end result more impactful.

Adjust Diplo Victory and WC for non-Standard speeds. Why is World Congress only 17% faster on Quick speed, while everything else on that speed is 33% faster? It’s even worse with Online speed.

Add more ways to gain DV points, instead of boring Favor hoarding.

Add more ways to gain DV points, instead of boring Favor hoarding.

It might be fun to have some dynamic conditions that give you diplomatic victory points... things that could start off with going to one person, only to get "stolen" from them (without the use of Congress) during the course of the game. Maybe things like highest gold income per turn, highest population, most environmentally friendly, least grievances, most alliances at the highest levels, etc. There can still be some points to be won through the World Congress as well, but I think that would add some nice flavor as you work to chase points.

They should probably unlock later in the game, though.

Focus on bugs and balance? There are a few minor bugs and issues, and I'm sure some hardcore players are finding ways to abuse the AI with trade again. Also Pillaging with the appropriate card is probably too good.

Love to have a "soonish" patch for mostly bugs and major balance issues, but for them to take their time for any type of systemic changes. Still having a lot of fun in the game as is.

-The World Congress is too early, they should probably be a regional congress first or something. Cuz what's the point of voting with some other civs I havent met yet?

I think it's fine, and encourages you to build up some Diplo favor from Suzerainship early. Not a huge fan of the RNG behind what can be proposed though, sometimes I would want 500 favor if I knew something was going to come up, other times I basically need none and would have been just as happy trading that favor for gold.

First I would like to point out that visual leader clipping, Trajan and Corvus is pretty bad. Heck part of Corvus's armor clipped through clothing around the knee area... just plain terrible. As for the roads, they need to be tidied up. From there the production vs science scaling is a real problem, and creates a racehorse affect. I cant seem to effectively enjoy an era before blowing by it. Additionally they may want to adjust costs for strategic resources, they seem a bit off at the moment.

Too many games without any barbarians. These games without barbarians just feel wrong. Not about a deep game mechanic but the bug needs to get fixed.

ROADS. Yeah, I don't know why they touched the code there, the previous road system was perfect. Now we have two issues:

- They look horrible, road spaghetti is back!
- You don't know what's connected, especially railroads on district/renewable energy plants.

Also, they need global warming not to escalate that fast (especially regarding coastal flooding), but have a bigger impact when it does on the disasters side.

Roads and railways are a big issue for me as well. For several reasons:
- As you said, they look ugly and were fine before.
- It’s very hard to tell the difference between modern roads and railways at a glance.
- You have to build a railway in cities, districts and wonders. They are hard to see and it’s easy to miss some or forget which ones you’ve already built.
- Why can a Military Engineer build an infinite amount of railways but only 2 roads? Just give the roads a cost too, such as 5 gold.

As for global warming I’d to see:
- The first 2-3 periods lengths increased. Which would give players more time to convert into cleaner energy sources.

Add some more levels of global warming with:
- More sea level rises, up to 100% of ice lost.
- Original coasts turning into ocean tiles as the sea level increases.
- Desertification where plains/grasslands adjacent to a desert have a chance to become desert.
- Tundra receding into a plains/grassland tile depending on what it’s adjacent to.
- Snow receding into a tundra tile.
- The addition of earthquakes. We have continents that means we can have fault lines. With the potential to change mountains to hills, hills into flatland or flatland into hills.
- The addition of tsunamis, we have submerged tiles as a feature already. A tsunami should have the ability to flood or submerge (not remove) low lying tiles.
- Rivers drying up. Excluding rivers that come from lakes or mountains.

Last edited:
Please just fix the AI’s ability to use the basic mechanics of the game and I’ll be happy. The rest can be modded That’s not much to ask, namely:

1) Seige weapons attack other land units if they can’t attack a city.
2) Warrior monks attack other units.
3) Builders properly make improvements
4) High level difficulties: AI’s can CONSISTENTLY take walled cities.

Not much to ask.

* Fix barb camp spawning
* Fix road graphics
* Fix trading (1 gold offers from AI)
* Separate the 2-in-1 voting
* Give me an option to win a diplomatic victory sooner. It's turn 300 and I'm sitting on 2000 diplo favour credits so I've already won BUT I still gotta wait 50 more turns to have the actual voting sessions.

I want more disasters. Global warming needs to be larger in scale and effect more disasters. Still it is to easy to max out the climate change before you can stop it. Diplomatic victory is one of the most random victory type to win their needs to be a better way to get diplomatic victory points Examples:
1. 100x(#civs in game) diplomatic points to buy a diplomatic victory point
2. Once you get into modern era diplomatic victory points should always be the 3rd option
3. Have ways to earn diplomatic victory points by get max rank alliances or making peace between civs.

Top Bottom