1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FIXED] Can see where units are placed in FOW

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by Bad Brett, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Bad Brett

Bad Brett King

Select any unit, right-click and drag the cursor to any tile that isn't withing the line of sight. If there is a unit or a camp on that tile, the cursor turns red. By doing this, you can always check if there are any barbarians nearby.

2. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Confirmed.

edit: See below.

edit2: Wasn't able to confirm this when I went back for some screenshots, got discouraged of trying when strategic view kept crashing the game... I'll give it another shot tomorrow if nobody else updates.

3. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Screenshot please.

It has been said that a bug will be seen as confirmed when a mod has checked it.
    We'll see if a confirmation from a senior user is enough (should be, but has first to be discussed or brought up in the staff).

4. Abyss08

Abyss08 Chieftain

I can confirm this bug.

At least I can confirm that some hexes in the FOW are red for no good reason.

5. AustinYQM

AustinYQM Chieftain

I cant take screenshots, just end up with a blackscreen otherwise I would provide one to confirm.

6. The_J

Don't just copy the screen to paint or so.
    After you hit the print key, go to My Documents\My Games\Civ5, and somewhere there should be a subfolder for screenshots.

7. Biz_

Biz_ Prince

yeah

kind of useful to know not to send my settler out when it turns red where i wanted to make the city :)

8. Rulah

Rulah Chieftain

Hello,

I've been lurking around for many years but not much of a poster but I want to take my part in CiV bug reporting because I am a bit disappointed in the current condition of the game.

I tried to search this one out but can't really find anything relating to this but please tell me if a similar bug report exists.

And now to the bug report:

Patch version 1.0.0.20.

I can see "blocked" hexes in fog of war when trying to move non-combat units there. This way I can see where is the nearby barbarian camps and scout for combat units without really scouting. Not game breaking I know but still a bug.

Maybe the pictures explain it better.

Don't know why my screenshots gets those black thingies but I hope they're clear enough. Save is attached.

Attached Files:

9. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Merged threads

10. The_J

Moderator Action: And moved.
    Screenshot is obvious.

11. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Same old, same old ... we had the exact same bug in civ IV ( never solved oficially IIRC )

12. nascarfan999

nascarfan999 Chieftain

I am pretty sure I've experienced a different, but possibly related bug. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying too close of attention and didn't think to screenshot what I could at the time. I was trying to move my scout two hexes away onto a previously undiscovered square. I did not get a red icon even though there was a unit there. Instead, my scout only moved one square (next to the now viewable unit) but the game took away both movement points. I jut chalked it up to one of the now numerous bugs until I realized nobody else has reported something like this (that I can find) so thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone can recreate it. If what I thought I saw was correct, it would directly conflict with what others in this thread are reporting (which I've also had happen to me in other cases).

13. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

If anyone wants to bother worldbuildering it (yeah, I'm lazy), there's a semi-related bug that let's you stack units.

U|F|M

U - your unit, with at least 3 movement
    F - friendly unit on a hill
    M - mountain, still covered in fog because of the hill under F

Right click on M (covered by fog) and your unit will try to move over F to land on M, but will be unable, and will stack with F.