[FIXED] Darius+Chichen Itza

kayard

Chieftain
I do not know if this is a BUG but surely the game didn't behave as expected. Playing with Darius so I should have 50% longer golden ages. I also built Chichén Itzá and this would be another 50%. Then there is a social policy in PIETY that immediately trigger a 6 turns golden age that I expect to be either 12 turns (6 + 50% *6 + 50% * 6) or 14,5 turns (6+50%*6)*(1+50%).

As a matter of fact it only lasts 9 turns so i'm missing one effect here

What do you think ?

Regards

Hi, here it is.

You have a new SP to choose and if you choose to trigger a GA that will last 9 turns even though I'm both Darius and I have chichen itza already built.

Attachments

• Possible_bug_with_GA.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 183
Save file loaded, bug confirmed. The GA is set to last for 9 turns, so one of the two GA modifiers is being ignored.

I wonder if this has something to do with this thread. In that one, someone was playing Darius I and had built Chichen Itza. However, his GAs were lasting too long. The bug was confirmed shortly before the release of the last patch. Is it possible that the patch overcompensated and made the GAs too short? I won't merge the threads, since it may be a new issue. I will move this thread to the confirmed bugs forum and make a new listing in the bug list.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

Hi,

playing a brand new game whit the egyptians with latest patch. Triggering a GA with the piety SP right after building chichen itza doesn't give the expected result of a 50% increase (9 turns vs 6 turns). Since this behaviour happened to me with darius too (where i only got 9 turns) I guess that is the chichen itza bonus that is not considered when a GA is triggered with this SP. I attach the savegame on the turn before this happen.

Bye

Paolo

Attachments

• AutoSave_0115 AD-0001.Civ5Save
    502.9 KB · Views: 159
Thanks for reporting this problem and posting a save file. I can confirm that the GA that results from adopting Reformation only lasts for 6 turns, not the expected 9. I also reloaded the game and waited one turn to adopt Reformation (just in case Chichen Itza didn't take effect right away). The result was the same (6 turn GA). I'm using 1.0.0.62.

I'll merge this with the other thread where the bug was reported.

@kayard - Can you please confirm in which version that the game was created? Thanks.

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

it was a newly created game running with patch 1.0.0.62. I also tried to reinstall the game from scratch cause I happen to be unable to run it more than 5/10 minutes with directx10/11 (geforece 8800 gts). Still same result. BTW I have a boxed version of CIV V bought in the UK (no steam download).

Top Bottom