1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FIXED] Wonder destroyed by capturing city (Machu Picchu)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by Natoforcer, Sep 27, 2010.

1. malitano

malitano Warlord

Has anyone been able to obtain Machu Picchu from another civilization (by conquering the city)?.

I tried it and the wonder disappears from the city/game.

2. BLubmuz

BLubmuz HoF Quattromaster

In my last game my neighbouring AI built Machu Picchu. I could see in which city it was and in the F4 i could also see that the AI owned it.

Once i conquered the city, the Wonder disappeared. From the city and from the F4. No way. I reloaded to verify. It was there right before my conquest, then it simply disappeared.

I got the suspect this happened also in my first game, but at the time i was too new to the game to have all those certainties.

I was so angry that i went to the XML, set max instances to 2, the cost to 5 gold and built it in another city that same turn. I conquered it, so i don't feel to have cheated. I also verified that the "ConquestProbability" is correctly 100, as for any WorldWonder.

In any case, this is a bug.

3. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Super Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

Thanks for reporting :), but this bug has already been encountered by others.
    But please report every other problematic things you see in Civ5.

4. Adrian Barbu

Adrian Barbu Chieftain

I had the same problem with Machu Picchu Wonder...it dissapeared after I conquered the city from a AI civ. So..i searched this forum and after i read all your posts i got an ideea:
    When you conqer a city, the algorithm is setted to see, first, the TILE of the city and the buildings in the city and after is looking for the other tiles that city have. SO..IT'S OBVIOUS that, because Machu Picchu has that special requirement to be builded on a mountain 1 or 2 tiles AWAY from the base tile of the city..it appears as an invalid building in that city so it's removed, as it happened to all of us.

The solution: I had a GA and i used Cultural Bomb first to get that mountain with Machu Picchu on my cultural borders and after i conquered the city in the same turn. Because i already had the building in my cultural border when i conquered the city it wasn't an invalid building anymore, because all the prerequested condition are now present...so...it remainded there.
    Of course..this is not a solution for all the cases because sometimes you can't use cultural bomb due to the fact that the condition for this are not meeted, but...it's better than nothing.

Have a nice day!

5. Monthar

Monthar Deity

This bug is still happening. I captured the city with it today, using the current patch, and it went poof. It wasn't listed in the city's wonders section and the graphic for it disappeared from the mountain it was on.

6. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Welcome to CivFanatics, Adrian Barbu. I just tried the trick with the GA and confirm that I was able to take Machu Picchu in tact by first culture bombing the tile (fortunately the wonder was built on my side of the city, unlike the Damascus example earlier in the thread).

While it's not a very practical workaround, it does prove the theory that it Machu Picchu temporarily is not valid because the city doesn't have a nearby mountain before the ownership of the tiles surrounding the city are transferred. This should allow Firaxis to solve this problem.

7. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

So, Persepolis had the Forbidden Palace and Manchu Pichu, but after I conquered the city Manchu Pichu was suddenly gone. Is this a bug ? Does it happen often ? Is it supposed to happen ?

I have attached two savegames, one autosave 10 turns before and one right after the conquest.
    The only Mod I'm using is What would Gandhi do 6.

Attached Files:

8. timtofly

timtofly One Day

When a city is captured, do you loose tiles and go back to just the first ring? If that happens and Pichu is in the second ring, it may disappear. I think that it is the only one associated with a certain tile (mountain) and it can be two tiles away.

9. The_J

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

10. snoochems

snoochems Prince

I can't believe this bug hasn't been fixed. I brought it up at the Firaxis bug forums a few weeks after release... hasn't there been like 3 patches since then? I mean, I see the Machu Picho, and think to myself that it may be worth it to go to war just to get that city... and then I get it, and no wonder.

Very lame.

11. André Alfenaar

André Alfenaar Warlord

The bug is still there in version 1.0.1.275.

12. The_J

Thanks. Adjusted the bug list accordingly.

13. Pep

Pep King

Yes, I can confirm this. Screenshots of Machu Pichu destruction with patch (.275). The first screenshot is before the conquer of Nippur.

Edit: Removed the savegame and the screenshots because the bug has been fixed in patch 1.0.1.332 and I've reached my quota limit.

14. Pep

Pep King

15. The_J

Thank you :), i updated the list.

16. Caesar_Augustus

Caesar_Augustus in vino veritas

I just had this bug happen to me in the latest version of Gods and Kings - Athens had built Machu Picchu, I captured the city, and the wonder disappeared. It was built by Russia on the next turn (Great Engineer?)