1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FLCster can't open

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Predator145, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Predator145

Predator145 Warlord

I've just downloaded the full version of FLCster. After successfully correcting the COMDLG32 issue I tried opening it. But when I tried opening a file things don't happen. How do I use this program?

2. Snodmaulvenn

Snodmaulvenn Chieftain

Hi, if you are on win 10, try, in shortcut, set compatibility settings to win xp service pack 3

Predator145 likes this.
  3. Predator145

Predator145 Warlord

Now that I've managed to run FLICster I opened the unit's FLC files. I've exported the FLC default graphics as Storyboard PCX w/border' on Gimp. I would like to modify that unit by adding a bit of upper arm armor. So I added things on all the graphics squares. But now what's the next step? I've exported the pcx file to an FLC file. But now FLCster can't play it. There is no "view animation option", and most many criteria didn't pass. So how do I make small changes to a unit's graphics and convert it back?

4. Snodmaulvenn

Snodmaulvenn Chieftain

I don't know how to make units or use these programs. I don't know how to use the storyboard options and the rest...

I reinsert the edited pcx file back to flc this way, I use flc editor not flicster, so I create file where I export everything from flc file then take out pcx file and edit it and save it on desktop. Then delete everything from first file where I exported from flc, and export again from the same flc file, after that there is always a question in flc editor, if I want to open from storyborad or something like that, so I don't click yes or no to that question but leave it hanging. Then I delete from the the file where I export the flc in, just the pcx file and replace it with the edited file from the desktop and then I click yes on that question in the flc editor. Then the new flc file is being played in the flc editor and then I click export flc file on the desktop and that is the finished new flc file.

Predator145 likes this.
  5. Predator145

Predator145 Warlord

I just found what I needed: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/pcx-to-flc.550820/ Time to dip my toes into creating.

So I just dun goofed and named the new fxm file the same as my storyboard. All my hard work down the drain. But I still have an FLC version of that storyboard. Is there a away to convert FLC back to PCX? FLICster can open that FLC but there is no export as PCX option.

Edit: So I did things again and managed to create a fmx file, pasted the modified unit default storyboard on it. Then use FLICster to open that fmx file and export it as an flc file. But now I get "Run time error, subscript out of range 9" when I try to play the animation.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021