Flying Camera Mode in 1.52?

Its so neat to go walking in between buildings in the towns. Looking at the map from different angles makes it feel like a really detailed board game. When I first tried it it was more fun than actually playing the game. Thanks for letting us know.

i cant find this line anywhere in the ini. or config file. i tried adding it and still no luck any suggestions?

go into the ini and try control-f, and then type in "flying" or something like that, that way you should be able to get to it with out trouble.

lost_civantares said:
That's exactly what I was about to say, but no, there is no way to change the sky.

But is possible to just change the COLOR of the black "Sky"? :confused:

Just changing the color from black to a blue shall be much better... :king:

mrnett1974 said:
But is possible to just change the COLOR of the black "Sky"? :confused:

Just changing the color from black to a blue shall be much better... :king:

actually there might be. Although I haven't looked into it yet as I just came across this topic, I do believe the Theme files or possibly python determines the sky color. If it is the theme files then it wouldn't be possible to add to a mod and only change it for the main game. Of course it would effect mods as well but I mean that you won't be able to change it for mods exclusively. ;)

Oh, i love the idea of changing the sky. I did some text searching through the game files for the term "sky". These are the results. I don't have a .nif editor or any model editing experience, so i figured i'd better leave the experimentation up to other people. Also, these results are from Civ4 1.52, but i suspect the sky definition, if there is one, didn't change much since then.

CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml - 44.342 bytes - Sun, 16.10.05 at 13:56 - C:\Games\Civilization 4\Assets\Xml\Art\
2.648 <Type>CIVILOPEDIA_SKY_ENVIRONMENT</Type>
2.715 <Path>Art/Interface/Screens/Civilopedia/SkyEnvironment/SkyEnvironment.nif</Path>
2.730 <Path>Art/Interface/Screens/Civilopedia/SkyEnvironment/SkyEnvironment.nif</Path>
CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml - 7.574 bytes - Sun, 16.10.05 at 13:56 - C:\Games\Civilization 4\Assets\Xml\Art\
1.193 <Path>Art/Terrain/Sky/Clouds01decal.dds</Path>
1.382 <Path>Art/Terrain/Sky/Clouds01.dds</Path>
2.361 <Type>ART_GLOBEVIEW_NIGHTSKY</Type>
2.417 <Path>Art/Terrain/Features/WorldCap/NightSky.nif</Path>
CIV4TerrainSchema.xml - 22.245 bytes - Sun, 16.10.05 at 13:56 - C:\Games\Civilization 4\Assets\Xml\Terrain\
14.042 <ElementType name="SkyArt" content="textOnly"/>
21.323 <element type="SkyArt"/>
CIV4TerrainSettings.xml - 1.077 bytes - Sat, 15.10.05 at 02:05 - C:\Games\Civilization 4\Assets\Xml\Terrain\
500 <SkyArt>Art/Terrain/Sky/Sky.NIF</SkyArt>

It is really a ----ing cool one!! i wanna try so!
BUT......... when i checked my .ini file in "My Documents" > "My Games" > "Sid Meier's Civilization 4"... i have discovered that I DON'T EVEN HAVE THOSE LINES
{; Allow Camera Flying
AllowFlying = 0}

EXISTING!! >.< :( :cry: please...... help me...

Top Bottom