1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Flying Camera Mode in 1.52?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by DementedAvenger, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Half Fast

Half Fast fat slob in a bar

Its so neat to go walking in between buildings in the towns. Looking at the map from different angles makes it feel like a really detailed board game. When I first tried it it was more fun than actually playing the game. Thanks for letting us know.

2. judge_knot

judge_knot Chieftain

i cant find this line anywhere in the ini. or config file. i tried adding it and still no luck any suggestions?

3. lost_civantares

lost_civantares [Insert Title]

go into the ini and try control-f, and then type in "flying" or something like that, that way you should be able to get to it with out trouble.

4. mrnett1974

mrnett1974 Chieftain

But is possible to just change the COLOR of the black "Sky"? :confused:

Just changing the color from black to a blue shall be much better... :king:

5. Agent 009

Agent 009 Civ 4 Addict

actually there might be. Although I haven't looked into it yet as I just came across this topic, I do believe the Theme files or possibly python determines the sky color. If it is the theme files then it wouldn't be possible to add to a mod and only change it for the main game. Of course it would effect mods as well but I mean that you won't be able to change it for mods exclusively. ;)

6. Corrodias

Corrodias Chieftain

Oh, i love the idea of changing the sky. I did some text searching through the game files for the term "sky". These are the results. I don't have a .nif editor or any model editing experience, so i figured i'd better leave the experimentation up to other people. Also, these results are from Civ4 1.52, but i suspect the sky definition, if there is one, didn't change much since then.

CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml - 44.342 bytes - Sun, 16.10.05 at 13:56 - C:\Games\Civilization 4\Assets\Xml\Art\
    2.648 <Type>CIVILOPEDIA_SKY_ENVIRONMENT</Type>
    2.715 <Path>Art/Interface/Screens/Civilopedia/SkyEnvironment/SkyEnvironment.nif</Path>
    2.730 <Path>Art/Interface/Screens/Civilopedia/SkyEnvironment/SkyEnvironment.nif</Path>
    CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml - 7.574 bytes - Sun, 16.10.05 at 13:56 - C:\Games\Civilization 4\Assets\Xml\Art\
    1.193 <Path>Art/Terrain/Sky/Clouds01decal.dds</Path>
    1.382 <Path>Art/Terrain/Sky/Clouds01.dds</Path>
    2.361 <Type>ART_GLOBEVIEW_NIGHTSKY</Type>
    2.417 <Path>Art/Terrain/Features/WorldCap/NightSky.nif</Path>
    CIV4TerrainSchema.xml - 22.245 bytes - Sun, 16.10.05 at 13:56 - C:\Games\Civilization 4\Assets\Xml\Terrain\
    14.042 <ElementType name="SkyArt" content="textOnly"/>
    21.323 <element type="SkyArt"/>
    CIV4TerrainSettings.xml - 1.077 bytes - Sat, 15.10.05 at 02:05 - C:\Games\Civilization 4\Assets\Xml\Terrain\
    500 <SkyArt>Art/Terrain/Sky/Sky.NIF</SkyArt>

7. dbslikacheung

dbslikacheung Chieftain

It is really a ----ing cool one!! i wanna try so!
    BUT......... when i checked my .ini file in "My Documents" > "My Games" > "Sid Meier's Civilization 4"... i have discovered that I DON'T EVEN HAVE THOSE LINES
    {; Allow Camera Flying
    AllowFlying = 0}

EXISTING!! >.< :( :cry: please...... help me...