Flying Camera Mode in 1.52?

This worked fine for me pre-1.52, but after the patch I haven't been able to get it to work. You just hit Shift-F to enable mouse camera and then Ctrl-F to enable camera flying, right? And the only thing you need to change in the .ini file is the "allow camera flying =1"?

I just figured this one out, in case anybody is interested. It's now Alt+Ctrl+F instead of just Ctrl+F.

It works way better, too! Holding both mouse buttons down gives additional control. Also, if you get messed up, hit alt-f once or twice to reorient things.

But, DON'T hit alt-o for options or call up any screens that require you moving the mouse and clicking on something to close. You'll get stuck!

you're able to place the cam anywhere and pitch and yaw it as you like.

I think reason it was changed was because ctrl-f is also the shortcut for building a fortification.. so if you had a worker selected when you tried to use flying camera before it would start to build a fort.

Gyathaar said:
I think reason it was changed was because ctrl-f is also the shortcut for building a fortification.. so if you had a worker selected when you tried to use flying camera before it would start to build a fort.

Ah, that makes sense. Was this change documented anywhere?

Is there any way to change the sky? I love those dark black nighttime skylines with no stars, moon, or atmosphere and all, but it could look a bit nicer with some added details.

But I guess it would add some unecessary system resources. Rendering would be a pain in the system, unless it's just a static backdrop.

Hmm. Just checked the .ini file. Nowhere does this line of code appear. I wonder why that is? In any case, since it seems to be missing, where exactly should I add it?

Pretty much anywhere you want. Doesn't matter..

On mine it's placed under [CONFIG].

Thanks, but for some reason it's a no-go. Opened the ini file pasted
"; Allow Camera Flying
AllowFlying = 1" directly under [CONFIG], but it doesn't seem to work in game. Even started a new game to check if that was the case.

Odd.

Did you use notepad's Find feature to find it? You could have a duplicate entry with AllowFlying = 0

Thanks. Got it. Changed it in a similar folder on the C drive. Very, very cool effect.

Top Bottom