Flying Camera Mode in 1.52?

MSTK said:
Is there any way to change the sky? I love those dark black nighttime skylines with no stars, moon, or atmosphere and all, but it could look a bit nicer with some added details.

But I guess it would add some unecessary system resources. Rendering would be a pain in the system, unless it's just a static backdrop.
Rendering wouldn't be a problem if it's just a skybox -- then again I imagine they didn't anticipate any need for that. Mostly useful for ingame cutscenes which Civ IV has none of :)

What bugs me more (even in normal view) is that the edge of the map just drops off if you're on a regional map without wrapping. It would have been nice if it faded out to unpassable tiles of permanent fog of war, then to black, giving the impression that there's more out there.

do not press space-f. I repeat: Do NOT press space-f!!

What's space-f do?

Personally, I would much rather have a stable game running before checking out the flying camera.

Yeah, it can take a while to load if you point it too close to the horizon.

I tried the flying camera mode, but find the zooming and panning feature on the camera hard to control. Anyone has some tips for flying camera mode?

I just zoom a little past where I want to go and then turn the camera around. All I use is the mouse to point and the mouse wheel to "move" (actually zooming, but I just think of it as moving in the direction the camera is facing).

INI file is often used by programs to store program settings. It's a plain text file with .ini extension.

I have two files, listed as

CivilizationIV
Configurations Settings (Edit this file):goodjob:
5kb

CivilizationIV.ini
BAK File
5kb

Going by instructions I changed line in the .ini file and it didn't change anything also changed alias name. Went into Config settings and changed it there and it worked. Flying camera and alias name.

you had windows hide file extensions. your plain civilizationiv file was actually the civilizationiv.ini file, your civilizationiv.ini file was actually the backup file the game created, its full name is civilizationiv.ini.bak

I get stuck at an angle where the camera is basically on the ground looking slightly up at the units and I can't seem to get it out of this position and I've tried a lot. Pressing alt+f as someone earlier suggested simply toggles satellite view.

When looking down on the map from high in the air, I've noticed that the map "repeats" itself sometimes, like in the screenshot of Silly Goose. Notice there are two Aztecas. I guess this is because of flattening out the globe, but it is still strange...:crazyeye:

There is no flattening that goes on (they're all square tiles). The map actually is flat, it juts appears to be round as you zoom out - it's just a graphical effect.

THX D00DS!

Btw, what DOES space-f do?

Top Bottom