Fog and Clouds

Can't you move it half a tile upwards? It might be better if the cloud was 'hovering' over the buildings.

Very nice work Pounder! What Takhisis said plus make it a little white, that gray looks smokish...

Request: Could it be possible to add fog to these meso ruins and different jungle and grass forests types also? If you don´t want to i understand, and in that case do i have my permission to add them myself later on?
Spoiler :

Attachments

• grassland forests.pcx
    308.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Destroy.pcx
    32 KB · Views: 169
Can't you move it half a tile upwards? It might be better if the cloud was 'hovering' over the buildings.

The smoke is not a separate graphic, it is part of the ruins graphic.

I have to stay within the confines of the ruins graphic, if I go over the transparant colour with the smoke it will create a solid shade of the transparant colour, which will not be transparant over the background terrain.

The only way to get smoke going above a building is if there is a taller building behind it.

I'm still playing with it, it may be best to have the smoldering ruins in the front only and have it go above the tops of the front buildings with the rear buildings providing a place to overlay the smoke.

The other thought I had was to have fog just make its way between the buildings at a low level with the buildings sticking up through the fog.

Fog might be better than smoke as ruins shouldn't be smoldering for years on end:)

Very nice work Pounder! What Takhisis said plus make it a little white, that gray looks smokish...

Request: Could it be possible to add fog to these meso ruins and different jungle and grass forests types also? If you don´t want to i understand, and in that case do i have my permission to add them myself later on?
Spoiler :

They were fogish and I made them smokish on a suggestion from Takhisis.
I am now considering just using a low lying fog between the buildings as I don't think that ruins should be smoldering for years on end:)

I will try to add fog to your ruins.

As for the jungles, I don't want to be modding Ares de Borg's jungles if those are his as they are still beta and not released.

Smouldering ruins might help with short-timescale scenarios such as EFZI II or BfNY.

It´s almost perfect! I´d just go a bit lighter on the smoke a bit if you can, if not, that´s fine, mighty thank you, i´ll have to find where i got those ruins from...give me sometime...too many files :crazyeye: :badcomp:

You are the best Pounder, many thanks!

@RickFGS, no problem.

--------------------------------------------------

Improved Version of Marsh Terrain

I have been working on a new version of the marsh tiles, with much better connectivity between the tiles, I've also got rid of those green grassy borders around the tops of the marshes that is some cases would overlap the graphics of other terrain tiles including other marsh tiles (this has been a problem for years with most of the marsh graphics, dating back to Farixis's version), I finally got the energy to tackle the problem.

Here is a pic highlighting the age old problem.

Here is a pic with the problem fixed, see the better intertile marsh connectivity.

Should I bother replacing my previous upload:)

Attachments

• MARSH.zip
    194.2 KB · Views: 338
Or make alternatives, since gamers tend to like bugs. :p

I repeat myself: Great!

Top Bottom