• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Foreign Relations Help

trmeutsch

Chieftain
Wondering if anyone can fill me in on something. I somehow manage to alienate foreign nations everytime I play. I even help liberate rival capitals, still they stay guarded. Even after 65 turns of peaceful activity their "guard" never changes.

How can I improve foreign relations in my gaming experience short of bribing constantly (which never works for me anyway)? I know you can't befriend everyone but I wish I could obtain other allies besides city-states. I would really appreciate your feedback.

I rarely have any trouble with relations. Trading with them makes them love you.

Always give them open borders for 50g, they act like you gave them free open borders and you still get gold, which is generally better than open borders anyway.

Sign RAs with everyone you can, unless you're strapped for cash.

Prioritize trade with Civs you share a border with.

If it looks like somebody is going to declare war on you, bribe them to declare war on somebody else, or bribe someone else to declare on them. It rarely costs more than 100g (for some reason they like 104), and the AIs almost never want to fight two wars at once.

Trade all your extra luxury resources away for money.

Wondering if anyone can fill me in on something. I somehow manage to alienate foreign nations everytime I play. I even help liberate rival capitals, still they stay guarded. Even after 65 turns of peaceful activity their "guard" never changes.

How can I improve foreign relations in my gaming experience short of bribing constantly (which never works for me anyway)? I know you can't befriend everyone but I wish I could obtain other allies besides city-states. I would really appreciate your feedback.

In my NiGHTS mod I've tweaked diplomacy to show numerical values representing the strength of your relationship with the AI. I've also added ways for you to improve relations with them and replaced 'demand' with 'request' - check it out if you before the patch hits and temporarily breaks it.
Latest build in the downloads section of civfanatics:)

Top Bottom