Foreign teams

Sure, if they're keen and have the numbers, I guess. They'd also need to be willing to have a private forum here and accept new CFC players, to be consistent with the other teams. But otherwise, I'm all for it. Demogames are not won on skill alone anyway. ;)

Realms Beyond is considering putting a team together. They are interested in winning another game it seems...
Cool, can we get a commit in the next day or two? It would be good to have a team list for the announcement page.

Might be an idea. Although most likely such players would just be assigned to whatever team needs members the most. Not that that's a bad thing... I just wonder how many people would actually use it.

Should we put up a sign up thread, for those who want to play, but do not have any idea whaat team they want to be on?
I think that is a good idea.

Maybe make it similar to the sign-up thread in the last game... It could go something like this...

Team AMAZON
1. TheMeInTeam
2. Lord Civius
3. Tinkerbell
4. Sommerswerd
5. Zack
6. remake20
7. damnrunner
8. link16
9. ???

Team CDZ
1. BCLG100
2. Barbu
3. Ynnek
4. Shabbaman
5. Matrix
6. Akots
7. Darkness
8. Furiey
9. Robi D
10. ???

Team MAVERICKS
1. DMOC
2. BobRoberts
3. Nakor
4. Niklas
5. Chimera1804
6. ???

Team Quatronia
1. Provolution
2. Earthling
3. ???

Team Sirius
1. Lord Parkin
2. hell_hound
3. caveman1917
4. HUSch
5. AlphaShard
6. Toch
7. pindicator
8. T. Claudius
9. fed1943
10. azzaman333
11. BLubmuz
12. Allan79
13. champinoman
14.???

Team 6 (TBD)
1. ???

I want to start another team!
1. ???

Sign Me Up to any team! (I just want to play:D)
1. ???

I don't think RB is interested in playing, the rest of them are a little busy with our own 17 team game atm...pity, but looks like they won;t form a core of a team.

I don't think RB is interested in playing, the rest of them are a little busy with our own 17 team game atm...pity, but looks like they won;t form a core of a team.
Okay, good to know. Thanks for trying anyway. :)

Sommer, the problem with what you have there is that I fear too many people will be enthusiastic about "starting their own team", and then we'll end up with a whole lot of tiny teams. I think just leaving the one slot open for people to make a 6th team (if a 6th team isn't in place already) might work best.

I fear too many people will be enthusiastic about "starting their own team"
Anyone has always been able to form their own team, I didn't think that including it as an option would create some catastrophic game collapsing phenomenon:p... Especially since it is, and always has been an option. We can always consolidate teams if there arent enough players.

Anyway, putting aside the irony of forming a team and then trying to restrict others from doing the same... I would like to focus on the Steak of the issue and not the peas...:p Should we have a single sign up thread? Or keep using the team threads for sign up?

I think a single, stickied sign-up thread is a good idea, because it makes it easy to see how many people are on each team, how many teams there are, etc... That is the steak... "I don't like the options" or "I don't like the wording" is peas IMO... a peripheral issue that can be worked out as we go.

Anyone has always been able to form their own team, I didn't think that including it as an option would create some catastrophic game collapsing phenomenon:p... Especially since it is, and always has been an option. We can always consolidate teams if there arent enough players.

Anyway, putting aside the irony of forming a team and then trying to restrict others from doing the same... I would like to focus on the Steak of the issue and not the peas...:p Should we have a single sign up thread? Or keep using the team threads for sign up?

I think a single, stickied sign-up thread is a good idea, because it makes it easy to see how many people are on each team, how many teams there are, etc... That is the steak... "I don't like the options" or "I don't like the wording" is peas IMO... a peripheral issue that can be worked out as we go.

Well i disagree it may cause some catastrophic game collapsing phenomenon because when do we decide that enough is enough? i believe the consensus is and has been 6 teams and we have now reached that milestone. There are more than enough teams now covering all areas of role playing/organisation so i wouldn't feel there is a major need to establish another. In this regard therefore i would think it would be better for the list to be curtailed at six. So really the number of teams is a major issue, more so than your supposed 'steak' of simply who signs up where, which i would argue at this point is more of a 'peas' issue.

Put simply, without a set number of teams we can't create the forums as Dave (rightly so) doesn't want to have to run to TF to get a new one added every five minutes by leaving the option open for more teams the process is delayed far more than if we can or cannot decide whether to have a singular sign up thread.

Otherwise i think we have a main thread for sign ups and the main team threads for perhaps inter team banter/generic spam/advertising for potential recruits.

Top Bottom