Foreign teams

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
There have been a few comments about inviting teams from other sites, but nothing organized. What sites do you think might be interested? Anyone want to make invitations? If we had two such teams it would bring us up to the 6 that some players would prefer. :yup:

Part of the fun is looking at the team forums after the game is over. If we had "foreign" teams would you care that their private forum might be somewhere else? Or should we request they put their team forum here? We'd for sure want them to post here for team votes, admin communications, etc.

I'm against it.
It's good that every DG has a new membership, there may be some who play often together in teams but there is more mingle.
I don't want to play with a revanche consideration from last DG.
In the last DG there was some German (GWT) at MS, but I would't join it in this DG.

After mixture there are some in the other team you despise and other you like, so the politic with that team is only from the situation of this game.

btw
The ISDG-Quali (2-3 years ago) was stamped at GWT from the remembrance of the ISDG before.

I think it makes it trickier to keep track of unless their team is located here. Otherwise, what happens if a foreign team becomes inactive? Very few people have the initiative to want to join an inactive team to try to jump-start it... how much fewer people would be willing to relocate to a whole different site to play in that circumstance? It just doesn't seem to make sense.

I'm not against having "foreign teams", so to speak, but they'd have to be willing to keep their game discussion within the forums here. And that might be somewhat difficult to enforce.

Besides, it looks like Methos has proposed a 5th team, and we still have the unresolved issue of Indiansmoke's proposed team. If there were people interested in Methos's team, I'd be willing to consider having Indiansmoke's proposed team to bring the total up to 6 teams. After all, any "foreign" teams would effectively be "closed" teams from a CFC perspective anyway, so if people would be willing to have foreign teams, we may as well have a closed team.

I don't mind allowing other teams to play, but I do believe they should use the forum here at CFC, rather then their own. It makes it rather difficult for the admin if they have multiple sites they have to watch over.

Well in SGOTM the russian teams use their own forums for years now....so?

So, what's to stop a person from being on one team through CFC and also on another team at the foreign site?

So, what's to stop a person from being on one team through CFC and also on another team at the foreign site?

Fair play only.
Every can get a double account, if he/she want it. But then there is no fun for him, I hope.

btw
If you have more infos then the team (like a coming war etc), it can be irksome, persuuade the team to the right decision. I know in a DG (in GWT) where some makes many PMs to get a diplo behind their teams, but it doesn't work, because the obstinate teams didn't agree.

Technically speaking there is nothing stopping a player from being on multiple teams on the same sight, due to the use of proxy servers, so I don't see the relevance.

CDZ would throw a team into the mix, most of our members originate from cfc (most of the mods here frequent cdz as well) but i think we'd be happy to post in these forums.

That'd be cool. If that happened it'd be good to have a sixth team as well though, to keep the numbers even (as discussed in previous threads). :)

Well it probably wont work so well if i admin as well but i'll go mention it over there and see whether they could go on without me! www.civduelzone.com if you're interested Tinkerbell

Definite interest from cdz if you guys want us around- even if i am building the map (no word on just what is going on for sure yet though.

Part of the fun is looking at the team forums after the game is over. If we had "foreign" teams would you care that their private forum might be somewhere else? Or should we request they put their team forum here? We'd for sure want them to post here for team votes, admin communications, etc.

In previous demogames we copypasted our comments here. If it worked in all those previous games it should work now, amirite? These days we even have the same image tags, so it's even easier.

Definite interest from cdz if you guys want us around- even if i am building the map (no word on just what is going on for sure yet though.

Prepare to speak iroquise though.

Realms Beyond is considering putting a team together. They are interested in winning another game it seems...

Top Bottom