1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Formula Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by KrikkitTwo, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

yanraabe likes this.
  2. yanraabe

yanraabe Chieftain

Thank you so much!! :hug:

3. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

Damn, was that always the case? I was thinking COST_PROGRESSION_GAME_PROGRESS would make things more expensive every turn, instead of punishing me for my own research progress.
    Is there even any cost progression mode that ignores my own research/civics ?

4. Victoria

Off the top of my head, settlers, builders, spies, rock bands, great people bound to be more

5. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

Yes, my bad, let me rephrase: What I wanted was a cost progresssion model that just looks at the number of turns that have passed since the start, compares it to the maximum number of turns (500 for a normal game iirc) and applies additional cost based of that fraction.I was sure the game progress model did that, maybe that changed over the last 2 years when I wasn't playing or otherwise paying attention?

I am well aware of the things that scale by the number of copies you (or in the case of great people: everyone) already built, that was not what I meant.

6. Victoria

None I can think of. To be fair such a progression punishes the slow player and benefits the fast.
    The civ/tech progression may be disliked by many but has some very eloquent subtleties.
    ... ah era is based on turn progression to a degree. Min40, max 60 turns till next era.
    Great people feed off this? And this is why great people are so hard to use in fast victories.
    Works Congress is also era bound and 30 turns between meets is also disliked by fast players.

I know you are not after these but as I said, the old mechanic is... old and poor in its way. The new is anti snowball.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  7. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

There's nothing "new" about this, since districts always used COST_PROGRESSION_NUM_UNDER_AVG_PLUS_TECH. I just found that stupid and I believe I managed to disable that by modding it to COST_PROGRESSION_GAME_PROGRESS. If that one works almost the same way now, how else can I do cost progression? I kinda dislike the scaling by number of previously built things too, even if I can accept it for settlers and great people.
    Eras are still based on tech/civics I believe?

Anti-snowballing should be done by bonuses to weak players, if at all, not by punishing progress. Imnsho.

8. Victoria

Resource/feature harvest formula is a little inprecise and has been tested to be =FLOOR(20*(1+9*FLOOR(100*MAX(discovered_techs/Total_techs,Discovered_civics/Total Civics),1)/100),1)
    In the current version this includes future techs (total 77) and Civics (total 61)

myclan likes this.
  9. Victoria

Sort of, min 40, max 60 turns per era. Then civ progression within that.