1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Formula Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by KrikkitTwo, Oct 21, 2016.

1. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji Chieftain

Is the district cost formula correct? According to it, after the first tech the cost goes up to 600 production. The formula is (diregarding discounts for UD and less than average number): Cost = 60*(1+9*Larger of [100*(Number of Techs/67 OR Number of Civics/50)])

Cost = 60*(1+9*[100*1/67]) = 60*(1+9*[1.49]) = 60*(1+9*1)=60*10 = 600

--

EDIT: Found the mistake after reading the reddit link. It's missing a division by 100. It's thus 65 production after the first tech.

Cost = [60*(1+9*Larger of [100*(Number of Techs/67 OR Number of Civics/50)]/100)]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. KoKid90

KoKid90 Chieftain

Is this the number of GP points awarded at the end of the District project ? There's something I don't get if this is because with about 30 tech researched (approx. in Industrial era), that would provide 3000+ GPP which is impossible.

3. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji Chieftain

Probably lacking a division by 100 after the bolded brackets, orsomething like that. Had the same problem with district cost formula.

4. KoKid90

KoKid90 Chieftain

In either formula, the *100 and /100 are useless as they cancel each other. But yes it seems to provide more believable numbers.

5. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji Chieftain

If one wants to be pedantic, they do not exactly cancel, because the number is multiplied by 100, rounded down, then divided by 100. In the process, the final number might be 1 unit down from if it was just rounded down. But the difference is small enough to be negligible in most cases.

6. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Yes at then end.. same mistake, thanks for catching.

7. Mettpawwz

Mettpawwz Chieftain

This still needs testing, but according to a chinese website (http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ml+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-b) the formula for COST_PROGRESSION_GAME_PROGRESS is:

Base Cost * (1 + ( (Progression Parameter / 100) - 1) * (GameCompletion% / 100) )

So as an example with the Trader at the very end of the game:

40 * ( 1 + ( (400 / 100) - 1) * (100 / 100) ) = 160 Production

If anyone could just check that Traders cap out at 160 hammers I'd say that that's probably the correct formula for COST_PROGRESSION_GAME_PROGRESS.
    Admittedly, I have no idea what the GameCompletion% is based on, maybe techs or civics?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  8. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

a formula is little use without knowing those values

9. Mettpawwz

Mettpawwz Chieftain

I mean, the base cost and progression parameter can be found in the game files (for the Trader in the Units table). It's the GameCompletion% that I couldn't find any information on after googling it for a few minutes, but I imagine it's still useful to have the formula around as you can approximate GameCompletion%, and at least that way you know what the production cost caps out at so you can set the Progression Parameter accordingly. Still though, I haven't had a chance to test it yet, so it's unverified right now.